Luke Walton takes heat from Magic Johnson for Lakers' start

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#81 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 11,859 posts

Posted November 05, 2018 - 06:46 AM

Makes sense to fire him now; especially since the next game is on Wednesday. Lots of time.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#82 manaro90

manaro90

All-Star

• 5,637 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 05, 2018 - 06:49 AM

i  dont understand until which point the fo is waiting for?

• Busty Bluth likes this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#83 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,277 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 05, 2018 - 07:30 AM

Manaro please just shut up

#84 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 4,140 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 05, 2018 - 01:43 PM

Manaro please just shut up

First or second time I have agreed with you. Coaching isn’t the problem. Personnel is. LeBron, Javale, Rondo have been playing consistently fairly well, while the young guys have been all over the place.

#85 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,637 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted November 05, 2018 - 02:25 PM

First or second time I have agreed with you. Coaching isn’t the problem. Personnel is. LeBron, Javale, Rondo have been playing consistently fairly well, while the young guys have been all over the place.

coaching is certainly the problem. Bad use of time outs, poor communication on defense, no offensive identity, etc. the personnel needs a shake up
  • Busty Bluth likes this

ap1.png

#86 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,907 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 05, 2018 - 02:31 PM

coaching is certainly the problem. Bad use of time outs, poor communication on defense, no offensive identity, etc. the personnel needs a shake up

Watching the game last night, I have to agree.  There is zero communication going on defense, perimeter guys' effort is sorely lacking.  Maybe that's not entirely Luke's fault, but would they pay better attention to a new messenger?

#87 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,277 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 05, 2018 - 02:40 PM

Luke will start cracking down about game 20. Lebron is the only player he wont absolutely bench.

#88 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,442 posts

Posted November 05, 2018 - 04:26 PM

Someone actually logged the number of set plays we ran. Nine against the Raptors tonight, and 10 against the Blazers last night. League average estimated to be 30-35. Inexcusable even with the higher pace.

Proof: https://docs.google....t#gid=357565944

Murmuys runs the offense according to a lot of folks. Figured this guy was brought in for his work with Toronto, but he’s another U of A guy. Also apparent that the mastermind behind Toronto’s offense was Nurse, not Murmuys.

Not sure who’s available, but it’s clear that the staff needs help on that front. It’s inexcusable to not have an offensive identity outside of rebound and run....which doesn’t work as well when you’re not defending that great.
  • bfc1125roy and lakerfan98 like this

#89 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 3,140 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 05, 2018 - 05:57 PM

Fire Luke he sucked as a player and sucks as a coach
  • Busty Bluth likes this
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#90 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,652 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted November 07, 2018 - 10:57 PM

Defense aside, I actually saw the Lakers trying out some good stuff on offense tonight. Not all of it paid off, but definitely a step in the right direction. 

Don't have time to break down the plays, but I'm sure LFR or someone else will do it.

#91 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,204 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 11, 2018 - 11:57 PM

I think there is basically no chance Luke is still coach next season so really just a matter of when not if imo.

#92 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted November 12, 2018 - 12:13 AM

I think there is basically no chance Luke is still coach next season so really just a matter of when not if imo.

Maybe.

I'd say Luke does do some weird stuff at times, but his greatest strength is handling egos, which may end up being more important than the Xs and Os.

Also, we're top 10 in offensive rating which is pretty good considering the turnover on the roster as well as all the egos that has to be handled. 20th in defensive efficiency isn't good, but its already looking better these past couple of games and should improve going forward.

It's a bit weird how a guy like Brad Stevens - the expert Xs and Os guy - gets zero criticism for being 7-6 on a team with established veterans, very little turnover and coming off a solid season, but Luke is being bombarded on all fronts despite having the same damn record.

• PurpleNgoldBanners and LACAS like this

#93 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,204 posts
  • Name:Ryan

Posted November 12, 2018 - 12:24 AM

I feel like this is his 3rd year and I haven't seen enough improvement as a coach and offensively I'm not even sure what we run aside from a general philosophy of pushing the ball after every rebound. I agree that his best strength is player / ego management. He really needed to hire better assistants though to cover up his lack of Xs and Os. His college buddies are underperforming in that regard imo.

Edited by lakerfan98, November 12, 2018 - 12:26 AM.

#94 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted November 12, 2018 - 12:28 AM

I feel like this is his 3rd year and I haven't seen enough improvement as a coach and offensively I'm not even sure what we run aside from a general philosophy of pushing the ball after every rebound. I agree that his best strength is player / ego management. He really needed to hire better assistants though to cover up his lack of Xs and Os. Shaw and his college buddies are underperforming in that regard imo.

I agree with that and i think there is a lot of wasted potential when he struggle with the Xs and Os. A few new assistant coaches would do wonders.

Generally i just think team record depend so damn much on the players and team chemistry. Just look at Minnesota, Washington and even the Rockets.

#95 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,031 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted Yesterday, 01:53 PM

Phil Jackson in the building (Lakers practice facility) today. First time in 2 years lol.

Edited by Jackson, Yesterday, 01:54 PM.

• GCMD likes this

#96 manaro90

manaro90

All-Star

• 5,637 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted Yesterday, 01:59 PM

but phil wont coach man.. lakers are off road trip so i think he did not even met lebron etc

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#97 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,534 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted Yesterday, 05:08 PM

I hope Phil returns in a "Tex Winters" type offensive consultant role for Luke and the Lakers.  I don't LeBron would let past mis-statements by Phil, who is a notorious gaffe machine, get in the way of basketball advice.

LeBron in the Triple Option Offense (Triangle) could become even more efficient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users