33 replies to this topic

#21 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,819 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 01, 2018 - 02:05 AM

Also my point is this, while Tatum will likely improve himself he’s strugglig shooting the ball right now, quite a bit actually
If Ingram were shooting that way last season he’d get killed. But tatum because he’s not wearing a laker jersey is in the clear. I genuinely believe that if Ingram was in a Celtics jersey and Tatum was in a lakers the same fans would be whining that we don’t have Ingram

Tatum is clearly better than Ingram and has more potential at this point. I don't think the jersey matters. Ball is consistently a non factor and people defend him. People here defended Ball's horrendous shooting all last season. Why wouldn't Tatum get the same treatment as a Laker?

Zubac may be the worst C in the entire nba and people still defend him. It wasn't too long ago that people said they'd take him over Cousins lol.

I've never seen any young player that was a laker get heavily criticized by the majority of this forum no matter how bad he played.

These guys weren't even in the same draft either. Shouldn't it be Ball vs Tatum?

Edited by KidRN, November 01, 2018 - 02:11 AM.

#22 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,204 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 01, 2018 - 10:18 AM

If I knew Cousins could be had for 5 mil I'd have been on team Boogie lol.
  • LACAS likes this

#23 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,446 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 01, 2018 - 10:51 AM

The Kings are 5-3 and have beat 5 non playoff level teams. Guys really need to just chill. LA will hit a weak stretch along with gelling and will take off
  • LACAS likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#24 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,617 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted November 01, 2018 - 11:08 AM

Also my point is this, while Tatum will likely improve himself he’s strugglig shooting the ball right now, quite a bit actually

If Ingram were shooting that way last season he’d get killed. But tatum because he’s not wearing a laker jersey is in the clear

I genuinely believe that if Ingram was in a Celtics jersey and Tatum was in a lakers the same fans would be whining that we don’t have Ingram

Tatum already has a full season's worth of great shooting at a decent volume and a great post-season to go along with it. If Ingram had those things, I'd feel better about him.

• GCMD likes this

#25 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,289 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted November 01, 2018 - 11:15 AM

The Kings are 5-3 and have beat 5 non playoff level teams. Guys really need to just chill. LA will hit a weak stretch along with gelling and will take off

I 100% agree.

I 100% agree LOL.

#26 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,819 posts

Posted November 01, 2018 - 05:54 PM

Regardless of the price, taking a player that doesn't even belong in the nba over an established all star will never make any sense.
  • bfc1125roy likes this

#27 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,116 posts

Posted November 02, 2018 - 11:42 AM

Warriors are 8-1, Nuggets are 6-1. I say we compare and associate ourselves with the winning teams and strive for a winning record. I get where you're coming from, but saying we haven't lost as much as the rockets sounds a bit like losers mentality to me.

It’s hard to compare the lakers to anyone. They’re by far the most overhauled team in basketball. That makes a huge difference. So much of basketball is improvised. You can overhaul a football team and not miss a beat necessarily if you have great coaching

Great coaching can definitely help in basketball making a brand new team work early but luke isn’t a great coach at least yet.

So it’s not surprise the lakers have been losing quite a bit on mistakes that could be attributed to lack of chemistry
Posted Image

#28 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,204 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 02, 2018 - 11:52 AM

This is an old argument but price does matter. It always did lol. Forget Zu, I'd rather have an empty roster spot than Boogie on a max deal this past summer. For 1 year 5 mil I'd def roll the dice and give him Lance / Beas money instead of signing those guys.
  • GCMD, Jackson and LACAS like this

#29 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,819 posts

Posted November 02, 2018 - 08:26 PM

This is an old argument but price does matter. It always did lol. Forget Zu, I'd rather have an empty roster spot than Boogie on a max deal this past summer. For 1 year 5 mil I'd def roll the dice and give him Lance / Beas money instead of signing those guys.

If he wasn't injured he'd have easily gotten a max deal. You can prefer whatever you want, that doesn't mean it makes any sense. This team isn't winning a ring any time so anyway. Good luck with that cap space!

This forum has a habit of going against the norm.
  • bfc1125roy likes this

#30 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,534 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 02, 2018 - 10:37 PM

If he wasn't injured he'd have easily gotten a max deal. You can prefer whatever you want, that doesn't mean it makes any sense. This team isn't winning a ring any time so anyway. Good luck with that cap space!

This forum has a habit of going against the norm.

I think he was saying that the injury made Cousins not worth the max.  I agree.  If we had LeBron, I was on board with DMC for the max if he was healthy.  Wasting that money on a player who wouldn't likely play at all this year wasn't/isn't worth it.

• bfc1125roy and lakerfan98 like this

#31 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,819 posts

Posted November 03, 2018 - 04:52 AM

I think he was saying that the injury made Cousins not worth the max.  I agree.  If we had LeBron, I was on board with DMC for the max if he was healthy.  Wasting that money on a player who wouldn't likely play at all this year wasn't/isn't worth it.

Of course you dont max Cousins coming off of that injury. However, the Zubac vs Cousins debate was had prior to his injury.

#32 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,289 posts

Posted November 03, 2018 - 05:24 AM

Zubac has to go, he's had plenty of time to earn it... time to cut the cord.

Lets hope Wagner plays well.

• Persian Gulf and MambaMentality like this

#33 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,289 posts

Posted November 12, 2018 - 06:17 AM

7-6

• Saber likes this