#1 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,289 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted October 30, 2018 - 05:30 AM

I expected a slow and sloppy start but Im not sure I expected this...

Obviously the season is young but in the WC you cant lose too much ground, they need a find a way to start getting the W's.

I understand Luke is still trying to figure what works best but all the tinkering could be affecting on court chemistry, I think its time he rolls out a starting 5 and sticks with it for a stretch, personally I would test:

Rondo

Ingram

Bron

Kuz

McGee

or

Rondo

Hart

Ingram

Bron

McGee

Its hard to build off anything if theres no consistency...

The bad news is we're 2-5.... the good news is we're only 2-5.

Go Lakers!

• Persian Gulf likes this

#2 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 30, 2018 - 07:03 AM

I'm actually pretty hopeful. The conventional wisdom around the team was that they'd have trouble scoring. They don't...although a lot of that scoring comes with some caveats (pace, transition etc). But this team can score. The real problem is defense and rebounding....and they have to commit to that and learn to play slower and situationally. That development isn't going to happen overnight...and guys like LeBron, Rondo, Lance, and even Ingram are supposed to take the lead in helping to build the chemistry needed for it, and well as taking the lead in closing for the team when it needs points. 

• GCMD, Persian Gulf, K-Kris and 2 others like this

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#3 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 940 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 30, 2018 - 07:39 AM

The Lakers need to start the ones that gave them the 2 W’s. Rondo holds the ball entirely too long leading to isolations and bad shots. Ingram doesnt or gives up the rock too late at times. That being said, Lonzo Ball needs to be mire aggressive on Offense and stop looking to pass every single time. If he isnt cutting it then “ship his ass out”
  • dbtbandit67 likes this

#4 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,206 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 30, 2018 - 11:27 AM

Yup I have no prob with the offense. Given our inexperience and roster limitations it was clear our forte was going to have to be defense leading to transition offense. The defensive effort so far has been unfitting for a team with playoff aspirations and like I said I'm another thread it's not all LBJ and Kuz. And I also agree that we need to learn to slow it down at times. Sometimes late in games we'll try to push the ball without fully securing a rebound and it leads right to a turnover. When there's 3 mins or less left in the game slow it down.

Edited by lakerfan98, October 30, 2018 - 11:29 AM.

• kray28 likes this

#5 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

• 4,206 posts

Posted October 30, 2018 - 11:46 AM

We need to be 2-3 games above .500 30 games in. 16-14 or 17-13. If we're not, if we're closer to 13-17 or 12-18 we're screwed.

If we don't see a sense of urgency our next game after starting 2-5 then idk man. Too many cats acting like we've already made it. LeBron too but he has made it so whatever lol. Rest of the team is on notice. If your defensive effort is lacking you'll get plenty of rest on the bench. Dallas is garbage, I don't want them scoring more than 115 on us.

Edited by lakerfan98, October 30, 2018 - 11:53 AM.

#6 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,289 posts

Posted October 30, 2018 - 04:08 PM

I think we need some consistency regarding our starting 5, hard to build on anything if we keep changing everything... 

#7 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 965 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted October 30, 2018 - 04:14 PM

We need to be 2-3 games above .500 30 games in. 16-14 or 17-13. If we're not, if we're closer to 13-17 or 12-18 we're screwed.

If we don't see a sense of urgency our next game after starting 2-5 then idk man. Too many cats acting like we've already made it. LeBron too but he has made it so whatever lol. Rest of the team is on notice. If your defensive effort is lacking you'll get plenty of rest on the bench. Dallas is garbage, I don't want them scoring more than 115 on us.

Our defense can be better, but only to a limit. What if we are simply going to be outmatched day in and day out strictly based on personnel? We are soft inside, no doubt, and this opens up huge holes on the perimeter.
  • GCMD likes this

#8 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 549 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 30, 2018 - 04:38 PM

I don't get why any defense would give Lonzo's drive any credit when they know he is just gonna pass it

Attack the basket Lonzo

#9 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,816 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted October 30, 2018 - 06:45 PM

i say our 5 position outside mcgree is a problem. we should trade zubac and beasly for a 7 footer that can run, rebound and score few points. plumplee would be perfect. 

Edited by Persian Gulf, October 30, 2018 - 06:45 PM.

• GCMD likes this

#10 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,952 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted October 30, 2018 - 09:14 PM

My problem with the Lakers is that they are dropping perfectly winnable games due to lack of effort. Even if it's early in the season, every loss, especially against teams like the Wolves can come back and haunt us in spring when we'll battle for playoff spots. I mean the West is stacked ! More stacked than ever. You have to be well over .500 to fight for those bottom playoff spots. Play like this won't cut it.

I think it's time for Lebron James to step up, be a true vocal leader and motivate these guys. It's his team, they need him to be that leader on and off the court. And to close out games like you are expected to, don't be missing free throws and being passive in crunch time. Show the world you are a King for real, cause this isn't the EC anymore.

#11 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,116 posts

Posted October 31, 2018 - 01:21 PM

Rockets are 1-5, thunder are 2-4

But ya the lakers fans on here seem to think everyone and their mother are just killing it

Lol

Fans have such tunnel vision. Irony is the thunder and rockets are largely returning rosters

Lakers aren’t. Yet everyone on here sings their praises whilst them boasting worse records and rips the lakers
  • Persian Gulf, PurpleNgoldBanners and LACAS like this
Posted Image

#12 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

• 4,206 posts

Posted October 31, 2018 - 02:20 PM

Who in this thread mentioned the Rockets or Thunder?

We can't discuss the Lakers struggles because other teams in the west are struggling as well?
  • GCMD, bfc1125roy and LACAS like this

#13 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,116 posts

Posted October 31, 2018 - 03:06 PM

Who in this thread mentioned the Rockets or Thunder?

We can't discuss the Lakers struggles because other teams in the west are struggling as well?

People in several threads bringing up how far down the lakers are, how they’re not better than the thunder and rockets, how we missed on paul George

I could go pick out quotes but I don’t really need to because I’m sure several will do it agai
Posted Image

#14 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,289 posts

Posted October 31, 2018 - 03:34 PM

I repeat the bad news is we're 2-5.... the good news is we're only 2-5.

#15 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,116 posts

Posted October 31, 2018 - 03:34 PM

Also my point is this, while Tatum will likely improve himself he’s strugglig shooting the ball right now, quite a bit actually

If Ingram were shooting that way last season he’d get killed. But tatum because he’s not wearing a laker jersey is in the clear

I genuinely believe that if Ingram was in a Celtics jersey and Tatum was in a lakers the same fans would be whining that we don’t have Ingram
Posted Image

#16 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,116 posts

Posted October 31, 2018 - 03:38 PM

I repeat the bad news is we're 2-5.... the good news is we're only 2-5.

I’d have a different perspective if the 2-5 were multiple blowout losses and 2 wins against crap teams

But when all 5 of the losses were essentially 1 possession turnarounds at the end of the game with an entirely new roster it’s hard for me to worry yet

Obviously sitting at 3-10 I’d be pretty concerned and you never know that’s possible.

But I’ll say that the lakers are not a typical 2-5 team. Minus a couple possessions the lakers could be 3-4, 4-3, 5-2

Hell the lakers literally lost a game based on missed free throws. All lebron had to do was hit 2 free throws and it’s likely game over
  • Adam likes this
Posted Image

#17 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,534 posts

Posted October 31, 2018 - 10:21 PM

But ya the lakers fans on here seem to think everyone and their mother are just killing it

Lol

Fans have such tunnel vision. Irony is the thunder and rockets are largely returning rosters

Lakers aren’t. Yet everyone on here sings their praises whilst them boasting worse records and rips the lakers

The Rockets have a reason to believe that they will turn it around.  SO do the Thunder.

The Lakers have LeBron.  Outside of that, nothing about this team gives you confidence that we will turn it around.  You can hope but that's not the same thing.

Based on what HOU and OKC did last year, it would be a shock if they didn't make the playoffs.

Based on LeBron being 33-34 and the Lakers current roster, there is nothing to support a massive turn around.

#18 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,964 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 31, 2018 - 10:37 PM

Kind off of topic, but...

Am I crazy or does JaVale McGee have a great shot at being the Most Improved Player?

Seeing the way we play, and considering we don't have a true backup 5 (for the time being I hope), I think his numbers are very sustainable.

#19 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,534 posts

Posted October 31, 2018 - 11:42 PM

Kind off of topic, but...

Am I crazy or does JaVale McGee have a great shot at being the Most Improved Player?

Seeing the way we play, and considering we don't have a true backup 5 (for the time being I hope), I think his numbers are very sustainable.

Possible.  Problem is we don't have a great defensive scheme that keeps him on the floor.  If we funnel the ball to him more, he will pick up less fouls chasing after blocks on D and is fresher on O...just my humble opinion.

• bfc1125roy and LakeShow1o1 like this

#20 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,952 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted November 01, 2018 - 12:20 AM

Warriors are 8-1, Nuggets are 6-1. I say we compare and associate ourselves with the winning teams and strive for a winning record. I get where you're coming from, but saying we haven't lost as much as the rockets sounds a bit like losers mentality to me.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users