• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,239 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 30, 2018 - 01:08 AM

I like Luke.  I don't want him to get fired but if things don't change, it's likely.

So IF (I stress, IF) Luke gets fired, who do you want to replace him?  Throw out some names and let's discuss.

I'd like to start it off with George Karl.  Not popular and not perfect but something to discuss.

• bfc1125roy likes this

#2 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,609 posts

Posted October 30, 2018 - 01:57 AM

Didn't Rondo have an argument with George Karl?

I say, go for Becky Hammon.

• Busty Bluth and Persian Gulf like this

fXlFKv8.gif

#3 ArabicMamba

ArabicMamba

All-Star

• 5,756 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 30, 2018 - 01:58 AM

Alvin Gentry. Since phx-lakers in 2009-2010 my fave head coach of the opposition lol.

but unfortunetly hes with the pelicans soo,....

Mark Jackson?

Kobe? 

Derek Fisher?

Man, I really dont know..

Kevin Ollie?

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#4 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,648 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted October 30, 2018 - 05:16 AM

Luke wasn't my horse but Im usually defending him on here however like Bron my patience is running thin especially losing must wins.

I expected us to start off slow and sloppy but I didn't expect a 2-5 start, we need to start collecting some wins.

Edited by LACAS, October 30, 2018 - 05:16 AM.

• GCMD likes this

#5 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,977 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted October 30, 2018 - 07:08 AM

The only HC option right now is Luke. This thread is ludicrous.

#6 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,609 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 30, 2018 - 07:25 AM

Mark Jackson is the obvious choice. If anything we know he will get this team to the playoffs and Lebron will not ignore him. If the Lakers lose to Dallas at home that will be Lukes last game. He is an interim coach coaching a team with expectations.
  • GCMD and Busty Bluth like this

#7 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,977 posts

Posted October 30, 2018 - 08:06 AM

Mark Jackson is the obvious choice. If anything we know he will get this team to the playoffs and Lebron will not ignore him. If the Lakers lose to Dallas at home that will be Lukes last game. He is an interim coach coaching a team with expectations.

He is not an nba head coach. He is a cheer leader. Hard analytical analysis and building your team and strategy around those analytics win in the modern NBA and in every sport as well as any other competitive endeavor. This isn’t true in a single game or other small sample size instances, but over the course of a long season, the effect is not debatable. The Lakers have the players that they have. They need to develop a plan based around their strengths and hiding their deficiencies. Analytics can help and will. A great head coach in concert with strong analytical analysis would be even better. Jackson isn’t that guy in any way, shape or form.

#8 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,609 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 30, 2018 - 08:12 AM

He is not an nba head coach. He is a cheer leader. Hard analytical analysis and building your team and strategy around those analytics win in the modern NBA and in every sport as well as any other competitive endeavor. This isn’t true in a single game or other small sample size instances, but over the course of a long season, the effect is not debatable. The Lakers have the players that they have. They need to develop a plan based around their strengths and hiding their deficiencies. Analytics can help and will. A great head coach in concert with strong analytical analysis would be even better. Jackson isn’t that guy in any way, shape or form.

You mean like Dave Roberts? Because that is exactly what Walton is with all these lineup changes and inconsistencies. He had Kuxma, Lonzo, Ingram, Hart and KCP... how much more time does he need?

#9 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,671 posts

Posted October 30, 2018 - 08:22 AM

I like Luke. I don't want him to get fired but if things don't change, it's likely.

So IF (I stress, IF) Luke gets fired, who do you want to replace him? Throw out some names and let's discuss.

I'd like to start it off with George Karl. Not popular and not perfect but something to discuss.

Won’t happen during the season
Posted Image

#10 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,977 posts

Posted October 30, 2018 - 08:51 AM

You mean like Dave Roberts? Because that is exactly what Walton is with all these lineup changes and inconsistencies. He had Kuxma, Lonzo, Ingram, Hart and KCP... how much more time does he need?

Yes. Like Dave Roberts. A coach who has had immense success by using and sticking with analytics. Just because the dodgers have not won the World Series, their seasons have been incredibly successful. As for time frame. Analytics are a big picture concept and they take time to really see their effects. With that being said. I do not think the Lakers are truly using them at the moment, or at least not primarily or they would be addressing their deficiencies tho offensively they often play to their strengths despite being in love with 3s like the rest of the league.

#11 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,977 posts

Posted October 30, 2018 - 08:52 AM

Won’t happen during the season

Yea. I don’t see him getting fired and I don’t see him getting fired for Karl in any situation.

#12 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,922 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted October 30, 2018 - 09:43 AM

Phil😁 😉 if this were 10-15 years ago.

Luke seriously needs to get it together. He looks like an assistant pretending to be a head coach. His adjustments and sets are nowhere to be seen years into his tenure. Team has developed no identity either. I’d have no problem if they fired him today. I don’t ever see him leading this team anywhere. I never did. He’d be a good assistant for us under the right coach. But it’s too late for that.

Bye for Now

#13 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,922 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted October 30, 2018 - 09:43 AM

Phil😁 😉 if this were 10-15 years ago.

Luke seriously needs to get it together. He looks like an assistant pretending to be a head coach. His adjustments and sets are nowhere to be seen years into his tenure. Team has developed no identity either. I’d have no problem if they fired him today. I don’t ever see him leading this team anywhere. I never did. He’d be a good assistant for us under the right coach. But it’s too late for that.

Bye for Now

#14 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,207 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 30, 2018 - 09:53 AM

i wondered if this roster would actually be a good fit for the triangle...

#15 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,943 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 30, 2018 - 10:50 AM

I like Ettore Messina, the guy we should have hired in the first place. He'll bring some motion to the offense, which is desperately needed. And he's been around Pop long enough to know who to hire for good defense.

Honestly though, what we really need are better assistants. Luke's gotten too comfy with his ASU buddies, and if they give him some better Xs and Os type coaching, things could improve. 

• GCMD likes this

#16 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,943 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 30, 2018 - 10:52 AM

i wondered if this roster would actually be a good fit for the triangle...

Everyone runs the some Triangle in the league. Where do you think pinch post, low post split, blind pig etc all came from? You see pieces of it almost everywhere.

The triangle offense is excellent, maybe the best all-around offense I've ever seen. All the modern day stuff you hear about: motion, spacing, etc. are fundamentally built into it. But you need the right coaching (Phil Jackson) to make it work. 

If you don't believe me, watch this:

• GCMD likes this

#17 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,171 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted October 30, 2018 - 10:55 AM

No mid-season coaching changes please. Let Luke figure this one out. 

• Persian Gulf likes this

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#18 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,575 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 30, 2018 - 11:08 AM

If I thought firing Luke would help I'd be all for it but I don't. Having Shaw take over or maybe Lue come in won't move the needle imo. I do however agree that if he doesn't turn it around soon he will be fired so we'll see I guess.

#19 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

• 4,575 posts

Posted October 30, 2018 - 11:13 AM

Matter of fact this team may just quit on an interim coach knowing he'll be gone in the summer anyway. I'm not attached to Luke but firing him isn't gonna be like waiving some magic wand over the team. Unless things get embarrassingly bad I believe it's probably best to let him finish the season and go get the guy we want in the off-season.
  • kray28 likes this

#20 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

• 4,575 posts

Posted October 30, 2018 - 11:17 AM

We can talk about his rotations, sets, adjustments all we want but if the next guy can't get this team to defend and rebound either then whatever lol

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users