[L] San Antonio Spurs @ Los Angeles Lakers - Monday 10/22/18 7:30pm PST

• Please log in to reply
529 replies to this topic

#521 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,988 posts

Posted October 22, 2018 - 09:58 PM

LeBron usually finishes even with the contact. There were a few no calls, maybe LeBron is getting the Kobe treatment now, but some of those were just blown bunnies.

I mean my point is for example he’s posting less, which isn’t a matter of losing a step as well. It seems to me he’s pacing himself because when he turned it on he looked pretty vintage lebron circa 2015-now

I’m not going to say it’s 100% the case but I have a feeling he’s pacing himself

If he’s not I’ll change my tune but I just know his demeanor early season is always very different than mid-late season

It’s just as laker fans people watch him less frequently but he always has deferred more early season, see what the team is, and adjusts

He did that last year, the Cavs got in a hole and he had to turn it on overdrive

That may be the case here

Its something to watch
  • Persian Gulf likes this
Posted Image

#522 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 4,068 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted October 22, 2018 - 10:02 PM

On replays those layups were clear fouls.

I don’t think he looks a step slow because you’ll see him turn it on. He’s intentionally pacing himself it seems but he may not have the roster to have that luxury.

This is how he plays in the regular season. Every season. He has good stats and plays good in bursts, but mostly facilitates everything else for his team. He takes a lot of defensive possessions off and takes a lot of shots late in close games and some go and others don’t. Then he shows up huge at the end of the season and through the playoffs. LeBron is a known commodity. The other guys are what will determine how far this team can go. So getting them to play big minutes in close games against good teams is the most important thing to happen. Winning is obviously better than losing, but getting to see which players can actually play and perform in big spots is something that will need to happen regardless and it’s best to have it happen sooner. The west will be tough, so starting 0-3 sucks, but I think under my most optimistic predictions they would be 1-2 at this point.

#523 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,673 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted October 22, 2018 - 10:03 PM

I mean my point is for example he’s posting less, which isn’t a matter of losing a step as well. It seems to me he’s pacing himself because when he turned it on he looked pretty vintage lebron circa 2015-now

I’m not going to say it’s 100% the case but I have a feeling he’s pacing himself

If he’s not I’ll change my tune but I just know his demeanor early season is always very different than mid-late season

It’s just as laker fans people watch him less frequently but he always has deferred more early season, see what the team is, and adjusts

He did that last year, the Cavs got in a hole and he had to turn it on overdrive

That may be the case here

Its something to watch

maybe he wants the young bucks to lead the team and he can score 20-30 points on ease while others can get theres and then by all star break, he can be 100% more into it. 

#524 manaro90

manaro90

All-Star

• 5,600 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 22, 2018 - 11:41 PM

Kuzma was the most aggressive Laker on Monday night, attacking at will off the dribble as an improviser in broken half-court sets and igniting the Lakers' break. Throw in a trio of corner 3-pointers, and another huge triple to keep the Lakers alive in the closing minute of regulation, and that was enough to lead the Lakers in the scoring ledger with 37 points, one shy of his career high.

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#525 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,954 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted October 23, 2018 - 12:31 AM

Tough loss no doubt. LeBron cannot be missing those free throws man. But really, we shouldn't have been playing catchup vs the 2018 Spurs. I had this marked down as a comfortable win. I know Ingram and Rondo didn't play, but Kuzma and Lonzo's play made up for it.

Edited by Jackson, October 23, 2018 - 12:32 AM.

#526 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 837 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 23, 2018 - 05:22 AM

Lebron will not be giving you 100% this season knowing he has “no help”.

Its a different situation for him with all these young players who can create for themselves and dont really depend on him for easy shots.

Soon enough Hart Kuzma Lonzo and Ingam willl be on the trading block in order to get “Shooters”

I always said waiting on AD was the best option.

#527 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,437 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 23, 2018 - 07:21 AM

my knee jerk reaction take aways from last night:

Zu and KCP do not belong in the NBA

Jonathan Williams is a pleasant surprise

I'm still not worried about the slow start. I'm more concerned about the chemistry and how the young guys are developing.

#528 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,153 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted October 23, 2018 - 07:25 AM

That’s what I’ve been preaching since last game of last season DEFENSE

#529 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 4,068 posts

Posted October 23, 2018 - 09:01 AM

my knee jerk reaction take aways from last night:

Zu and KCP do not belong in the NBA
Jonathan Williams is a pleasant surprise

I'm still not worried about the slow start. I'm more concerned about the chemistry and how the young guys are developing.

Same. This team will go as far as the young guys can go. Which is likely 2nd round of the playoffs. They are gonna get beat down a lot along the way. They are young with a target on their back because of the attention LeBron brings. LeBron has never played on a team like this either. He is usually surrounded by shooters and vets or both.

#530 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 4,068 posts

Posted October 23, 2018 - 09:08 AM

That’s what I’ve been preaching since last game of last season DEFENSE

Wrong league. Go check out some NBA scores from this season. Nobody is playing defense.
  • Persian Gulf likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users