110 replies to this topic

#41 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,650 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 20, 2018 - 11:16 PM

Honestly bfc, your hatred towards BI and some of the other young guys on this team isn't warranted.  You're knit picking at this point.

Sure his  few game (3, maybe 4 at most imo) absence will hinder the team towards some extent, but it's early in the season and it'll take time for the guys to mesh and gel regardless.  This young team will drop alot of games early, not sure why it's surprising fans

Also, if anything, incidents such as this and the fact that Ingram chose to place himself into the skirmish (albeit in may not have been the best decision professionally) are the type of actions that help bring a team closer and ignite greater chemistry.

I remember last year when there was a skirmish (against PHX if I recall correctly) where Lonzo just stood back to avoid the drama and fans/critics were bashing him.  People will be biased and choose whatever headline fits their narrative.  

I don't hate BI. I think what he did was dumb. And you will too if we miss the 8th seed by 2 games. That "extra" team chemistry will mean jack [expletive]. 

I get why he did it, but it wasn't necessary. Especially running back in there to throw that punch from behind.

#42 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,994 posts

Posted October 20, 2018 - 11:37 PM

I think this is fantastic. This has to be the lakers identity. I LOVE that Ingram was at the heart of it

Shows growth. This is a mans game and you should never let people punk you. This is the same stuff that people reminisce about the 80s and 90s over

Good for Brandon. Seriously. I’m glad one of our young players has some actual toughness and balls. Makes me more confident than ever in where he’s headed.

Love it. I’m tired of the lakers lying down, I’m glad this team is actually fighting to retake their place in relevancy
  • Aykut Purde, MambaMentality and Olabebeh like this
Posted Image

#43 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,994 posts

Posted October 20, 2018 - 11:38 PM

I don't hate BI. I think what he did was dumb. And you will too if we miss the 8th seed by 2 games. That "extra" team chemistry will mean jack [expletive].

I get why he did it, but it wasn't necessary. Especially running back in there to throw that punch from behind.

I think we’ve gotten a pretty clear picture you dislike Ingram. He wasn’t referring to just your posts in this thread

You’re looking for reasons to rip on the youth or luke
Posted Image

#44 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,452 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 20, 2018 - 11:42 PM

Honestly bfc, your hatred towards BI and some of the other young guys on this team isn't warranted.  You're knit picking at this point.

Sure his  few game (3, maybe 4 at most imo) absence will hinder the team towards some extent, but it's early in the season and it'll take time for the guys to mesh and gel regardless.  This young team will drop alot of games early, not sure why it's surprising fans

Also, if anything, incidents such as this and the fact that Ingram chose to place himself into the skirmish (albeit in may not have been the best decision professionally) are the type of actions that help bring a team closer and ignite greater chemistry.

I remember last year when there was a skirmish (against PHX if I recall correctly) where Lonzo just stood back to avoid the drama and fans/critics were bashing him.  People will be biased and choose whatever headline fits their narrative.  

Great point especially the bolded part, Lakeshow.

If Ingram did not do anything people will question his "desire" or intensity for the game.

Like I said, Ingram did not have to run and throw punches but he will learn in a positive way after this incident. I am sure LeBron, Rondo, and Luke will privately tell him to show more of those emotions without the shoving and punches.

• LakeShow1o1 likes this

#45 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 617 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 20, 2018 - 11:55 PM

Where the whole organization bend over to Rockets and refs give them anything they want, Ingram is like Malcolm X or Dr. King. I think we all need to chill. When they fight we say fools, when they don't we say chickens. This is not good... Sitback and enjoy that Ingram just grew some balls. It may not last long...

• MambaMentality and Olabebeh like this

Welcome Bron.

#46 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,406 posts

Posted October 20, 2018 - 11:56 PM

1H9Upe1.gif

NBA hasn't seen a hook shot this potent since Kareem.

• Persian Gulf, LakeShow1o1, Xinxin and 4 others like this

fXlFKv8.gif

#47 manaro90

manaro90

All-Star

• 5,603 posts

Posted October 21, 2018 - 12:38 AM

[expletive] you cp3

• MambaMentality and Olabebeh like this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#48 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,650 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 21, 2018 - 12:58 AM

I think we’ve gotten a pretty clear picture you dislike Ingram. He wasn’t referring to just your posts in this thread

You’re looking for reasons to rip on the youth or luke

Just because I don't think he'll be an all-star this season or a franchise player I'm suddenly a hater? Damn. I must hate most of the players in the NBA then!

I think Luke is a bad coach, considering he's implemented an offense that is less sophisticated than what most HS teams run. Go checkout my thread about how NBA offenses have evolved before saying I'm just looking for reasons to rip on Luke. 

#49 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,401 posts

Posted October 21, 2018 - 02:53 AM

I think this is fantastic. This has to be the lakers identity. I LOVE that Ingram was at the heart of it

Shows growth. This is a mans game and you should never let people punk you. This is the same stuff that people reminisce about the 80s and 90s over

Good for Brandon. Seriously. I’m glad one of our young players has some actual toughness and balls. Makes me more confident than ever in where he’s headed.

Love it. I’m tired of the lakers lying down, I’m glad this team is actually fighting to retake their place in relevancy

Well that’s a new take. Can’t say I hate it.
  • MambaMentality likes this

#50 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,251 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted October 21, 2018 - 05:19 AM

It was good to see some emotion from BI but unfortunately its going to cost the Lakers... 

On the Rondo front, there was no "spitting" thats total made up bull[expletive] since CP & HOU both know this was all CP ignited.

Harden is just a punk, no way he pushes Lance or Artest like that, he knew he was pushing a young kid and thought BI would simply take it.

Im thinking 5 games for all.

#51 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,442 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 21, 2018 - 07:07 AM

there must have been a second or third spitter 

Edited by MaceWindu, October 21, 2018 - 07:22 AM.

#52 manaro90

manaro90

All-Star

• 5,603 posts

Posted October 21, 2018 - 07:09 AM

who remembers this after last night?  :wub:  :D

metta-world-peace-elbows-james-harden.jp

• lakerfan98 likes this

#53 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,354 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted October 21, 2018 - 07:20 AM

Lebron would have heard it from me when he got back to the locker room

#54 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 948 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted October 21, 2018 - 07:36 AM

it was ted cruz's dad.

there must have been a second or third spitter 

#55 manaro90

manaro90

All-Star

• 5,603 posts

Posted October 21, 2018 - 08:17 AM

who threw pie at kevin owens?

#56 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,442 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup

Posted October 21, 2018 - 09:34 AM

Does State Farm cover injuries from a spitter?

#57 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 862 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted October 21, 2018 - 10:10 AM

The Refs and league need to do something about the jumping into a defensive player and the offensive player getting the call. BI eas frustrated all game from Hardens and CP3s flopping. That’s why he pushed that scumbag Harden. Rondo and CP3 have had beef for a long time and it finally came to a head. At least we now know who will and will not stand up for their teammates vs their friends. I expect these cats to get 10-15 games a piece.

#58 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,139 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 21, 2018 - 10:49 AM

We'll know later today apparently.

My guess: CP3 - 1 game. Ingram - 2 games. Rondo - 3-5 depending on the spit thing.

#59 K-Kris

K-Kris

Laker Fan

• 890 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted October 21, 2018 - 11:22 AM

https://www.instagra...d=1u5m3x7lhx3kq

Looks like rondo did spit on cp3

#60 PurpleNgoldBanners

PurpleNgoldBanners

Rookie

• 134 posts
  • Name:Jonjon
  • Fan Since:The popcorn machine

Posted October 21, 2018 - 11:29 AM

I still like what transpired ...shows teams we're not afraid to throw hands ...just wished BI swung at Harden instead

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users