• Please log in to reply
589 replies to this topic

#581 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 10,092 posts

Posted March 04, 2019 - 10:59 AM

Would take a miracle at this point and nothing about the last 2 weeks has convinced me this team can string together consistent wins. An L today effectively ends the season.

Lakers are somehow 4 point favorites tonight. If they win and the Spurs (vs. Nuggets) lose:

4 games back of the Clippers (7)
3.5 back of the Spurs (8)

We’d be 3 games in the loss column behind the Clippers. They’ve played 2 more games. We still play them once more after tonight. If we can win both of those games, we’d have 17 games to make up 2 games. This is doable...I’d have to see some things tonight that can convince me they’re capable of it.

#582 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,075 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 04, 2019 - 12:55 PM

Would take a miracle at this point and nothing about the last 2 weeks has convinced me this team can string together consistent wins. An L today effectively ends the season.

Lakers are somehow 4 point favorites tonight. If they win and the Spurs (vs. Nuggets) lose:

We’d be 3 games in the loss column behind the Clippers. They’ve played 2 more games. We still play them once more after tonight. If we can win both of those games, we’d have 17 games to make up 2 games. This is doable...I’d have to see some things tonight that can convince me they’re capable of it.

We play some tough teams down the stretch as well so it's pretty much it. We needed to beat the [expletive]ty teams to offset the expected losses.

#583 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,558 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 04, 2019 - 02:19 PM

The last 2 weeks? Try the last 2 months+... even then, what’s the Lakers longest winning streak so far this season 5 games? It would pretty much be a miracle at this point.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#584 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,075 posts

Posted March 04, 2019 - 10:28 PM

Bye felicia
  • DaSmoothOperator likes this

#585 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 10,092 posts

Posted March 04, 2019 - 10:45 PM

Alright yeah, I’m done. Lock this [expletive] up.
  • Jackson likes this

#586 ArabicMamba

ArabicMamba

All-Star

• 5,803 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 05, 2019 - 03:16 AM

please lock this

wont wake up this season anymore for games

Lakers 4 Life. Cologne, Germany. 

#587 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,075 posts

Posted March 05, 2019 - 01:33 PM

Playoff odds: ZERO

Remarks:

Remark 1: LeBron's injury was a huge blow, and a couple weeks later, Lonzo's injury an even bigger blow. However it does not explain why the Lakers have been absolutely garbage since the all star break. Ingram's hot steak arguably offsetted Lonzo's injury to SOME degree. So of course Lonzo's presence was missed but we still SHOULD NOT have been this bad coming off the all star break.

Remark 2: This is the western conference. Remember when we were a top 4 seed how bad the Rockets, Jazz, Spurs, and OKC were performing? Eventually they got it together. Good teams get it together. So while we were top 4, we were eventually going to end up 6th or 7th if injuries did not happen.

#588 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,369 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted March 05, 2019 - 01:37 PM

Playoff odds: ZERO

Remarks:

Remark 1: LeBron's injury was a huge blow, and a couple weeks later, Lonzo's injury an even bigger blow. However it does not explain why the Lakers have been absolutely garbage since the all star break. Ingram's hot steak arguably offsetted Lonzo's injury to SOME degree. So of course Lonzo's presence was missed but we still SHOULD NOT have been this bad coming off the all star break.

Remark 2: This is the western conference. Remember when we were a top 4 seed how bad the Rockets, Jazz, Spurs, and OKC were performing? Eventually they got it together. Good teams get it together. So while we were top 4, we were eventually going to end up 6th or 7th if injuries did not happen.

the funny part was even when Lebron came back we didn't do better.

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#589 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Stay Woke

• 1,211 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted March 05, 2019 - 09:36 PM

I wasn't expecting us to go out the first round, but I didn't expect us to not make the playoffs...

• Saber, DaSmoothOperator and lonlyamongus like this

#590 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,542 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 09, 2019 - 01:00 PM

Sad news about BI hope he gets well! looking at lottery, players today! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users