589 replies to this topic

#461 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

long live..

• 5,474 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted February 22, 2019 - 03:13 PM

I really want the lakers go for any seed instead the 8th and face the warriors in the first round. I think we can compete with everyone in a 7 game serous and playing the warriors later in the playoffs is better than1 round.
  • PurpleNgoldBanners likes this

Youtube: Mehran M 
Instagram: Mehran.Mrkz

#462 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts
  • Fan Since:84
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James aka King James

Posted February 22, 2019 - 03:30 PM

I think what he's saying is he does NOT want the 8th seed; he prefers to see Lakers vs. Warriors later in the playoffs.  

I really want the lakers go for any seed instead the 8th and face the warriors in the first round. I think we can compete with everyone in a 7 game serous and playing the warriors later in the playoffs is better than1 round.

#463 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,756 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 22, 2019 - 07:27 PM

Ok so am I the only one concerned Lonzo is out another month? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

#464 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted February 22, 2019 - 07:37 PM

Last night we were 27-33 free throws, 82%

Lonzo shoots 41% from the line, so don't miss him too much.

If Ball plays, maybe we don't win.  We shut down Harden from beyond the arc....  

Ok so am I the only one concerned Lonzo is out another month?

#465 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 890 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted February 22, 2019 - 09:15 PM

Bullock and KCP played good defense on harden. And drawing all those offensive fouls? About the only way to beat harden now.

If lonzo can just bring his FT% to like 60 at least he can take over for rondo. But he’s not closing games with such a huge liability

Last night we were 27-33 free throws, 82%
Lonzo shoots 41% from the line, so don't miss him too much.
If Ball plays, maybe we don't win. We shut down Harden from beyond the arc....

#466 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 890 posts

Posted February 22, 2019 - 09:17 PM

I’ve heard a lot about the nba wants Lebron/Lakers in the playoffs. The refs are helping etc etc.

Lakers were 27-33 from the line. Rockets were 14-15. The rockets didn’t shoot a single free throw the last twenty minutes blah blah.

Can we please please dissect that? I watched the game and I didn’t really notice. Like maybe the rockets were taking a bunch of threes or simply making there layups without getting fouled? Harden was in foul trouble so maybe he wasn’t as aggressive?

I don’t like the narrative that refs are making it for us. I think if we really dive into it we can disprove it

#467 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted February 22, 2019 - 10:58 PM

Bron and BI shot 24 of those 33 fros, both being aggressive going to the hole.  

Rockettes settled for a lot of spot up 3s.

Eric Gordon, spot up shooter, not really a guy who draws a lot of contact.  So Tucker is more aggressive, but only took 4 shots in 34 minutes.  CP3 doesn't actually draw a lot of contact in his mid range game, he's more of a crossover, pull up mid range shooter.  

I'd actually have to rewatch the game to give a more informed opinion.  

I can't imagine that NBA higher ups are telling the Refs to fix things for LAL.  

I’ve heard a lot about the nba wants Lebron/Lakers in the playoffs. The refs are helping etc etc.

Lakers were 27-33 from the line. Rockets were 14-15. The rockets didn’t shoot a single free throw the last twenty minutes blah blah.

Can we please please dissect that? I watched the game and I didn’t really notice. Like maybe the rockets were taking a bunch of threes or simply making there layups without getting fouled? Harden was in foul trouble so maybe he wasn’t as aggressive?

I don’t like the narrative that refs are making it for us. I think if we really dive into it we can disprove it

Edited by BigBaller, February 22, 2019 - 10:59 PM.

• Adam likes this

#468 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,344 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 23, 2019 - 12:59 AM

Lebron doesn't tank or slack off....ever. That is part of why he's the greatest player in the world, the greatest player to ever put on a Laker uniform.

Yes he does. Stop spewing bull[expletive]. He's not the greatest Laker ever.

#469 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,588 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 23, 2019 - 10:17 AM

Yes he does. Stop spewing bull[expletive]. He's not the greatest Laker ever.

He is most definitely the greatest Laker ever.  Which other Laker is arguably the greatest player of all time?  Magic?  Shaq?  Kobe? Kareem? All great players, I haven't heard an argument for any of them outside of some extremely myopic view points posted on Lakers message boards like this one.  Maybe he isn't at the absolute pinnacle of his career, but he is close enough, and he certainly isn't going to spend enough time with the team to be remembered solely as a Laker, or even primarily as a Laker, but he is by far the best player they have ever had on the team with regards to statistics, ability and resume, which is saying a lot since the Lakers have a real who's who of top 25 all time players.

#470 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,344 posts

Posted February 23, 2019 - 12:08 PM

He is most definitely the greatest Laker ever.  Which other Laker is arguably the greatest player of all time?  Magic?  Shaq?  Kobe? Kareem? All great players, I haven't heard an argument for any of them outside of some extremely myopic view points posted on Lakers message boards like this one.  Maybe he isn't at the absolute pinnacle of his career, but he is close enough, and he certainly isn't going to spend enough time with the team to be remembered solely as a Laker, or even primarily as a Laker, but he is by far the best player they have ever had on the team with regards to statistics, ability and resume, which is saying a lot since the Lakers have a real who's who of top 25 all time players.

You did not need to write this whole paragraph where you repeat the same [expletive] over and over. Until he brings the Lakers a championship, he's far down the list. Kareem, Magic, Kobe, Shaq won rings. LeBron is not exempt. Now if you're a Cavs fan, I'm sure you can go and find a Cavs forum to talk about his stats.

#471 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 10,223 posts

Posted February 23, 2019 - 12:29 PM

There’s a clear distinction between greatest Laker (Kobe imo) and greatest player to put on a Lakers uniform. If you think LeBron is #2 behind Jordan, or ahead of Kobe/Kareem, then yes he’s the greatest player to put on this uniform. He doesn’t need to bring a ring here for that to be true, but I also don’t think it’s a very relevant “accomplishment.”

Shaq is the “greatest player” in Suns history. Hakeem Raptors. Who really cares? Did anyone keep track of that that before I mentioned it? Lol.

Edited by Massacre, February 23, 2019 - 12:30 PM.

#472 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,344 posts

Posted February 23, 2019 - 12:44 PM

There’s a clear distinction between greatest Laker (Kobe imo) and greatest player to put on a Lakers uniform. If you think LeBron is #2 behind Jordan, or ahead of Kobe/Kareem, then yes he’s the greatest player to put on this uniform. He doesn’t need to bring a ring here for that to be true, but I also don’t think it’s a very relevant “accomplishment.”

Shaq is the “greatest player” in Suns history. Hakeem Raptors. Who really cares? Did anyone keep track of that that before I mentioned it? Lol.

Shaq didn't do anything meaningful in Phoenix hence why he's an after thought there. Shaq had quite the career on the Magic but he will forever be associated with the Lakers for what he accomplished here.

#473 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 10,223 posts

Posted February 23, 2019 - 12:54 PM

Shaq didn't do anything meaningful in Phoenix hence why he's an after thought there. Shaq had quite the career on the Magic but he will forever be associated with the Lakers for what he accomplished here.

Point stands he’s still the greatest player to play for them. Just like Hakeem and the Raptors. Jordan and the Wizards.

#474 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted February 23, 2019 - 04:48 PM

Outside chance that Houston could fall out of the playoffs...it's not likely, but possible if Harden misses significant time.

#475 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,588 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 23, 2019 - 05:37 PM

Outside chance that Houston could fall out of the playoffs...it's not likely, but possible if Harden misses significant time.

I would say there is a fairly good chance the Lakers aren't in the playoff at this point.

#476 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 890 posts

Posted February 23, 2019 - 06:28 PM

What’s this talk about harden missing time??

#477 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,943 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 23, 2019 - 06:29 PM

I'm zen about it. I've suspected that the Lakers might not be good since they put together the rest of the roster after signing LeBron. The Lakers have a massive deficiency in shooting and defense. There's the small issue of not having a 2nd star.

Whatever the Lakers do in the off-season, they need to re-think how they put together rosters.

#478 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 890 posts

Posted February 23, 2019 - 06:32 PM

And what the heck is up with Luke Walton’s rotations??

Seriously , why did Brandon Ingram only play 12 minutes through versus Kuzma 18/19 midway through the third? And why was he playing point again?? We did great against the rockets. Why we gotta mess with what worked!

BI has a great game at the end. Didn’t watch the fourth quarter so I’ll have to go back and see if it was all in garbage time or not. But he had 29 points in 25-26 minutes. 10-18 FG. 6-9 from the line and 3-4 on threes.

I don’t think Luke Walton was using Ingram properly this game and his shoddy rotations didn’t help tonight either. What do y’all think? Is this just me or did any of you see this? Or disagree with me?
  • Olabebeh likes this

#479 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,560 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 23, 2019 - 07:41 PM

Of course the Kings beat the Thunder in OKC. That might bury us. Or maybe we were buried 1-2 months ago.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#480 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,344 posts

Posted February 23, 2019 - 09:35 PM

LeBron, if he's going to be saying he has activated "playoff mode" or whatever bull[expletive] that may mean, cant be having 25-27 pieces. Needs to be putting up 35+ points from here on out.
  • Persian Gulf and Olabebeh like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)