589 replies to this topic

#381 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,588 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 03, 2019 - 02:40 PM

Yep. Honestly though I’m not worried about the Kings. Plus we still have one game left with them at home so hopefully after we beat them they’ll be pretty much out of it. I’m worried about the clippers and jazz’ schedules. This team is gonna have to get focused and start playing consistent basketball quickly.

It’s all about LeBron. They can make it with him and have zero percent chance without.
  • Persian Gulf likes this

#382 ArabicMamba

ArabicMamba

All-Star

• 5,871 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 05, 2019 - 12:58 PM

so we need to go now on a huge streak to compete in the playoffs

Lakers 4 Life. Cologne, Germany. 

#383 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,943 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 05, 2019 - 05:56 PM

The Lakers are back to .500 now. I think it's becoming clear LeBron isn't going to be able to carry the Lakers every night, especially coming off of a major injury.

Even though LeBron has done it before, I'm never comfortable with asking one guy to do so much. That's why I've been skeptical since the young guys have proved they aren't going to be able to adequately step up when LeBron is out or has a bad game.

• bfc1125roy likes this

#384 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 14,219 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 06, 2019 - 12:54 AM

It makes you regret losing these easy games early in the season even more now when the schedule gets tougher ..

#385 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,588 posts

Posted February 06, 2019 - 09:54 AM

The Lakers are back to .500 now. I think it's becoming clear LeBron isn't going to be able to carry the Lakers every night, especially coming off of a major injury.

Even though LeBron has done it before, I'm never comfortable with asking one guy to do so much. That's why I've been skeptical since the young guys have proved they aren't going to be able to adequately step up when LeBron is out or has a bad game.

yea, I think I may have underestimated LeBron's injury and overestimated the youth being able to play in the NBA night in and night out, it isn't looking great, still some hope, but they need to win about 2 out of 3 going forward, very little margin here.

#386 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,344 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 06, 2019 - 11:55 AM

It makes you regret losing these easy games early in the season even more now when the schedule gets tougher ..

Losing those easy games WHILE we're at full strength.

#387 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

long live..

• 5,470 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted February 06, 2019 - 10:01 PM

just make into the playoffs. thats all i ask. 

Youtube: Mehran M 
Instagram: Mehran.Mrkz

#388 LACAS

LACAS

Starter

• 4,211 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted February 07, 2019 - 05:36 AM

just make into the playoffs. thats all i ask. 

Agreed... making the playoffs would do so much for the franchise, the youngsters and the fanbase.

• Persian Gulf likes this

#389 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,588 posts

Posted February 07, 2019 - 07:30 AM

Agreed... making the playoffs would do so much for the franchise, the youngsters and the fanbase.

I think after their 20 games of working their way from firmly in the playoffs to firmly out of the playoffs they would understand that they got hard carried by a single player.

#390 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,943 posts

Posted February 07, 2019 - 10:57 AM

The more I think about it, the more I really think the Lakers going into tanking mode might be best for them.

A high draft pick could be a real boon for the Lakers. It would become the Lakers' best trade asset. Depending on how good the draft is and how well the Lakers draft, that guy could be the Lakers' 2nd best player next season.

Gonna be tough to do that with LeBron on the team. He still doesn't look like himself out there, so I think the Lakers can get away with not playing him for a little while.

#391 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,768 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 07, 2019 - 11:02 AM

The more I think about it, the more I really think the Lakers going into tanking mode might be best for them.

A high draft pick could be a real boon for the Lakers. It would become the Lakers' best trade asset. Depending on how good the draft is and how well the Lakers draft, that guy could be the Lakers' 2nd best player next season.

Gonna be tough to do that with LeBron on the team. He still doesn't look like himself out there, so I think the Lakers can get away with not playing him for a little while.

Careful now. You might be called out for having an “anti-Lebron” agenda for wanting what’s best for the Lakers.

A top 10 draft pick with Lebron getting time to recover while letting Magic/Rob figure out personnel and coaching could do wonders. I mean I think all of us have already accepted this team is worse than it was last year when Lebron is not 100%. Lonzo will probably extend his recovery or will come back 100% checked out. Crazy times

#392 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,943 posts

Posted February 07, 2019 - 11:10 AM

Careful now. You might be called out for having an “anti-Lebron” agenda for wanting what’s best for the Lakers.

A top 10 draft pick with Lebron getting time to recover while letting Magic/Rob figure out personnel and coaching could do wonders. I mean I think all of us have already accepted this team is worse than it was last year when Lebron is not 100%. Lonzo will probably extend his recovery or will come back 100% checked out. Crazy times

I still like LeBron. When he was healthy, he was still one of the best players in the world. He was by far the main reason why the Lakers were the 4th seed before he got injured.

I'm just looking at it from a future planning standpoint. A high draft pick versus a low playoff seed after LeBron overexerts himself to carry the Lakers there? No contest on what's best for the Lakers going forward.

There was some value in hoping that the young core would develop under a good team. But, it's now clear that getting to the playoffs would probably just be the result of a carry-job by LeBron.

• bfc1125roy likes this

#393 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,768 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 07, 2019 - 11:13 AM

I still like LeBron. When he was healthy, he was still one of the best players in the world. He was by far the main reason why the Lakers were the 4th seed before he got injured.

I'm just looking at it from a future planning standpoint. A high draft pick versus a low playoff seed after LeBron overexerts himself to carry the Lakers there? No contest on what's best for the Lakers going forward.

There was some value in hoping that the young core would develop under a good team. But, it's now clear that getting to the playoffs would probably just be the result of a carry-job by LeBron.

Agreed 100%

#394 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,943 posts

Posted February 07, 2019 - 11:37 AM

Agreed 100%

It would stink for LeBron, and people would crucify him for it. But, he signed with the Lakers knowing they wouldn't have any established players. So, I wouldn't have too much sympathy for him.

I don't see the Lakers purposefully shutting things down. But, the Lakers' schedule is so tough that they're going to lose a lot of games anyway.

#395 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 10,223 posts

Posted February 07, 2019 - 11:47 AM

Lol why the [expletive] did I even open this thread.
  • lakerfan98 likes this

#396 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,943 posts

Posted February 07, 2019 - 02:07 PM

I think the Kings will get the 8th seed. The Clippers play hard, so I don't think go away immediately. But, it's tough to lose Tobias Harris.

#397 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,636 posts

Posted February 07, 2019 - 08:52 PM

For reference

Before the trades:

Record: 27-27

FG%: 47.3 (#6)

3P%: 33.4 (#29)

REB: 47.2 (#4)

ORtg: 107.5 (#21)

DRtg: 108.2 (#9)

Pace: 103.2 (#4)

• Adam likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#398 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,588 posts

Posted February 07, 2019 - 10:07 PM

Tonight’s win will help a lot. I had this as a sure loss.

#399 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,344 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 07, 2019 - 10:38 PM

Tonight’s win will help a lot. I had this as a sure loss.

Won't matter if we continue to lose games we're supposed to win.

#400 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts
  • Fan Since:84
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James aka King James

Posted February 07, 2019 - 10:56 PM

Kings have an easy schedule....gonna be tough for Lakes to make it, but I have hope!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users