42 replies to this topic

#21 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,150 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted October 26, 2018 - 12:40 PM

This is where the comedians come ok, Lakers will make a move round trade deadline then we push for position in playoffs!

#22 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 526 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted October 27, 2018 - 09:06 AM

This might’ve been said elsewhere but whatevs; I hope they start Kuzma over Ingram. In the beginning of the season it made sense to give Ingram the nod over Kuzma. They’re both good players with different fits but Ingram was the #2 pick. We invested a lot more with him. And just as we can use the fight to justify giving the starting role to Lonzo over rondo, I think we can do the same with Kuzma over Ingram. These are professional athletes with huge egos. Maybe they’re good at putting it to the side, but you can’t make it this far without thinking your legit better than the next guy. The fight gives lakers front office everything they need to make any all adjustments to the rotation.

Plus Ingram + rondo off the bench should give our second unit more punch than Lonzo + Kuzma. It’s worked out pretty well so far.

#23 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 4,122 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted October 27, 2018 - 03:14 PM

This might’ve been said elsewhere but whatevs; I hope they start Kuzma over Ingram. In the beginning of the season it made sense to give Ingram the nod over Kuzma. They’re both good players with different fits but Ingram was the #2 pick. We invested a lot more with him. And just as we can use the fight to justify giving the starting role to Lonzo over rondo, I think we can do the same with Kuzma over Ingram. These are professional athletes with huge egos. Maybe they’re good at putting it to the side, but you can’t make it this far without thinking your legit better than the next guy. The fight gives lakers front office everything they need to make any all adjustments to the rotation.

Plus Ingram + rondo off the bench should give our second unit more punch than Lonzo + Kuzma. It’s worked out pretty well so far.

I agree with ingram coming off the bench but not because kuzma is better but for the simple fact that i think he will greatly help the bench players

#24 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 526 posts

Posted November 05, 2018 - 04:35 PM

We're ten games into the season now. our Record is 4-6. I think we're better than our record looks. We had two close games against the spurs. The timberwolves game was close. Last nights loss to the raptors...that was a bad loss. but it was the second of a back to back, sometimes you get caught with your pants around the ankles. and the raptors are a top four team in the nba right now. but how did they give ibaka a career night? i half expected windu to post a meme about pau gasol and career highs. 

Not happy with our record but I'm also not un-happy. We're making progress and that's what matters. I'm hoping that we finally tighten our rotations so we can build some chemistry and continuity. Lonzo Ball needs to get punched in the face before every game or idk what but he can't play without heart. Something has to happen to light a fire under him. I'll share my thoughts about the rest of the team...later...eventually. Maybe after they can string together a series of good games. They're not as frustrating to watch as they used to be; but given how bad they used to be, that's not a big achievement either. 

Our next five games will tell us a lot. We have the nuggets tonight. Spurs again on Saturday. We really need to win that game for tie breakers. Just in case bc rn we’re both bottom seed playoff teams. Twolves on Monday the 29th. Mavs on the 31. The mavs aren’t complete trash but we should win that game. That’s a game to tell us if we can take care of business. And then we have the blazers again on sat November 3rd.

What I like about this schedule is we get to see what this team is really made of. The spurs and blazers got one over us already. If we beat them, then all this talk of we just need time to gel etc, it becomes real talk and not an excuse. But if we lose...than I’d start to be more concerned. We’re developing a better rotation. Hart’s already taken KCPs spot. Stephenson’s role is becoming more defined. He-can’t-play-because-he-has-Asthma- javale McGee is showing he can ball and play more minutes. He had 26 minutes the other night I think. And he made that nice three so I really liked that. I think all these small adjustments and improvements should enable us to get these wins. I don’t expect us to rip off a 6 game wining streak, but damn it’d be nice. When was the last time it happened?

Anyone care to say what they think will happen?

Vs nuggets at home - Loss  Win
Vs Spurs away - win  Loss
Vs Timberwolves away - win  Loss
Vs mavs at home - win  
Vs blazers away - win
Vs raptors home back to back - loss

Record: 5-5 through the first ten games

#25 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 526 posts

Posted November 05, 2018 - 05:47 PM

There are 12 more games in November:

11/7 vs Timberwolves   WIN

11/10 @ Kings              WIN

11/11 vs Hawks             WIN

11/14 vs Trail Blazers            LOSE

11/17 @ Magic              WIN

11/18 @ Heat                WIN

11/21 @ Cavs               WIN

11/23 vs Jazz                        LOSE

11/25 vs Magic              WIN

11/27 @ Nuggets                  LOSE

11/29 vs Pacers            WIN

11/30 vs Mavericks       WIN

That's 9-3 over a 12 game stretch. I don't think they'll actually win that many games but 9 of the next 12 games are winnable. 

T-Wolves are weak right now. Gotta take advantage of all their drama. Kings are off to an amazing start but we gotta be able to take care of business. How legit are the kings really? I haven't followed them and don't the quality of their wins. Are they as good as their record would suggest? Please be objective. 

Hawks are weak and adjusting. No game is in the bag but this kind of game, we need to make the layup. Can't give up easy games in the loaded west. Trailblazers won't forget how they lost but it's also a home game. Hopefully if we're coming off a three game winning streak we can carry that momentum and come out with a win. it would be big for playoff seeding and any potential tie breakers with the blazers. There is a legitimate discussion to be had regarding where they are in the western conference hierarchy. Last year they were the third seed with less than 50 wins i believe and there were only like three games between the third and 10! seed. So they could have easily been the 6th seed too. We played pretty well against them the second game so maybe we can do it again. I said it'd be a loss because they're still a legitimate playoff team. And I'm trying to be objective. Already skating the edges of homerism with a 9-3 record; even with this easy month,

Magic and Heat are 3-6 and 3-5 respectively. Cavs are 1-8. We're better than them. Can they beat us? Sure. But at least this time we're not fighting an uphill battle. We should be able to get these three in the bag.

Jazz are 4-5 and Donovan is out with a hamstring injury I believe. They still have Gobert to eat us alive from the inside but this is a team we can beat. Gave the lakers the L to be fair; statistically speaking we won't win these many games in a row but its still all quite possible. 

We have the magic again. Another winnable game. Nuggets are good. Going to be an uphill battle but not one that we can't also sneak out with a win. Most likely a loss though. And we'll be playing in Denver too.

Last two games in november are against the pacers and mavs. Coming off a loss to the nuggets. Now we're playing at home. This will be a close game - the Pacers are 7 and 3 right now or something like that. Idk how they've done against teams in the western conference but I don't think they're as good as their record suggests. I think we can beat them. By game 21 of the season, we might not be firing on all cylinders but we should be good enough. Mavs aren't a doormat but I think we're flat out better than them. This is a game we should win. We choked in the last mavs game but we were able to get away with the W. This time I expect to keep our composure and not give up a double digit lead with minutes remaining in the game.

Final record after 22 games: 13-9. We can be as bad as 10-12 if we go 6-6 and as good as 16-6 if we go 12-0. So I expect that a quarter of the way through the season we'll be at worst, a game or two below 0.500. More likely though we'll be a game or four above that. 

Please share your thoughts on what you think our record will be at the end of November. If possible, also mention which games you think we'll win/lose over the next 12 to get that record.

• Persian Gulf and DanishLakerFan like this

#26 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,649 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 05, 2018 - 10:31 PM

^ Good post.

I think all games are winnable perhaps with exception of the @Nuggets game on the 27th. I dont think 9-3 is out of the question, but i'd say 8-4 is more realistic.

11/18 @ Heat                        LOSE (2nd night on a back2back on the road).

#27 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,770 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 05, 2018 - 11:12 PM

Id say 6-6 maybe. Nothing about this team gives me faith in them winning 8 or 9 of those games.

Edited by KidRN, November 05, 2018 - 11:13 PM.

#28 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,672 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted November 06, 2018 - 12:00 AM

Win as many as they can! 

Edited by Persian Gulf, November 06, 2018 - 12:01 AM.

#29 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,046 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 06, 2018 - 05:44 AM

I don't think we're a team that can mark down W's for games that we should win. 

Aside from all the current struggles posted in other threads, we're a terrible 4th quarter team. We almost lost to the Mavs at Staples Center. We should have been able to beat the Spurs at least once. 

Hopefully by January/February this team finds its stride. 

#30 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,504 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted November 07, 2018 - 04:48 PM

I think the Kings game is probably a loss. Who knows if they can keep it up? But, they're just playing a lot better right now. They're the 2nd best 3pt shooting team. De'Aaron Fox is looking like he might have a break-out year. Willie Cauley-Stein should dominate inside.

And I concur with Clutch Factor, I don't feel good about predicting wins and losses for the Lakers. I don't trust them to take care of the bad teams. I feel like the Mavericks could've figured the Lakers out at the end of their last game and might take that over into their next game.

Edited by Japago, November 07, 2018 - 04:56 PM.

• bfc1125roy likes this

#31 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,177 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 07, 2018 - 06:52 PM

Ok

#32 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,504 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted November 07, 2018 - 10:57 PM

It's good to see Ingram play well and the Tyson Chander signing immediately paid off. The Lakers' defense against the T'Wolves really improved in the 2nd half.

But, I need to see a lot more from them before I feel confident about them going on a run. A close home win against a team that now has twice as many losses as wins isn't all that impressive when talking about the Lakers turning a corner and starting to go on a winning streak.

• bfc1125roy likes this

#33 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 526 posts

Posted November 08, 2018 - 09:50 AM

That's one in the bag and 11 more to go! 

Some notes from around the league:

- the thunder are on a six game winning streak and they're now 6-4. Rockets on a three game win streak are 4-5. 

- the 4th seeded Spurs are 6-4 and the 12th seeded rockets are 4-5 (13-15 have already lost 8 games a piece)

- the western conference is going to be a real dog race this year and I just hope our losses to the spurs don't come back to bite us in the but. 

- we're only 5-6 but we're much better than our record suggests. the teams that are ranked higher than us have mostly the same returning teams so they have a lot of continuity. besides the clippers and the kings, all the other teams were expected to be in the race. So despite all the advantages they have, especially chemistry, continuity, and experience, we're right there with them. 

- we had one of the hardest starts to the season and it's now being followed by one of the easiest stretches of the season (league wide I believe). I saw this stat in some article and it was based on opponents ranking (I imagine that meant seeding). It's not the best stat out there because i doubt it factors win/loss versus east/west conference teams or versus playoff teams from last year. 

we have a back to back versus the kings and hawks this saturday and sunday. we're playing in sacremento on saturday and then staples center on sunday. It's close enough I don't think that travel should be a factor against us. Kings and hawks I think are also pretty young so they'll have fresh legs but we hands down have a better roster. I don't think these will be blowout wins but we should control both games. Here's hoping for two more wins and a three game winning streak!

^ Good post.

I think all games are winnable perhaps with exception of the @Nuggets game on the 27th. I dont think 9-3 is out of the question, but i'd say 8-4 is more realistic.

11/18 @ Heat                        LOSE (2nd night on a back2back on the road).

• lakerfan98 likes this

#34 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,649 posts

Posted November 09, 2018 - 11:24 PM

11/10 @ Kings              WIN (solid win)

11/11 vs Hawks             WIN (the Zo-bron-BI-Kuz lead a 15pt lead, that the bench away. But a win nonetheless)

Next up:

11/14 vs Trail Blazers            LOSE (The Blazers are good right now, but we're 1-1 so far and we've beaten them on the road, so who knows).

Edited by DanishLakerFan, November 11, 2018 - 10:51 PM.

• Adam likes this

#35 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 526 posts

Posted November 12, 2018 - 08:12 AM

I didn’t realize this until I read the opposing fans reactions thread...but the hawks are tanking. What other teams are racing to the bottom? It’d help me adjust my estimates for the schedule.

#36 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,649 posts

Posted November 14, 2018 - 08:51 PM

A couple of good games tonight.

Philly lost to Magic - dysfunction with Philly is always nice.

Toronto lost to Detroit - good.

OKC and Memphis won, which sucks.

But NO lost and SA lost (to Phx?)

And Donovan Mitchell - the second coming of Earl The Goat Manigault - couldn't prevent the Mavs from beating them by ...50! LOL.

#37 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,378 posts

Posted November 14, 2018 - 10:37 PM

Utah “2nd best in the West” Jazz lost by 50 to a lottery team and have a worse record than the Lakers. Yikes. Imagine if that happened here, guys would have a meltdown, lol. This team will be fine...can’t wait to watch them get better and silence a lot of the doubters.

Edited by Massacre, November 14, 2018 - 10:38 PM.

• DanishLakerFan likes this

#38 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,969 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:45 AM

Utah “2nd best in the West” Jazz lost by 50 to a lottery team and have a worse record than the Lakers. Yikes. Imagine if that happened here, guys would have a meltdown, lol. This team will be fine...can’t wait to watch them get better and silence a lot of the doubters.

Oh you mean the same people that whine and complain and say that the 76ers are so far ahead of us yet oh look they have more losses than us

It’s funny how all of these teams are supposedly so far ahead yet their records are relatively the same
  • LACAS likes this
Posted Image

#39 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 526 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:05 AM

we got a big win against the blazers tonight. we're 8-6 and have 8 games remaining in November. most likely games to lose are against the nuggets and the pacers. the rest i think we can reasonably win. i have us going 6-2 to close November for a final record of 14-8.

actually we're on a 4 game winning streak. my estimate calls for a further 5 game winning streak to make it a nine game winning streak. law of large numbers tells me we're more likely to not do that. so I'll agree with @DLF that we might lose the second game of a b2b against the heat. so losses against the heat (purely for statistical reasons), nuggets (they're better), and the pacers (they're legitimately a good team and have been for a while; we're still catching our stride right now - and I'm trying not to be a homer and say we're going to win everything lol). Go 5-3 through the end of November to finish 13-9. 

11/10 @ Kings              WIN (solid win)

11/11 vs Hawks             WIN (the Zo-bron-BI-Kuz lead a 15pt lead, that the bench away. But a win nonetheless)

11/14 vs Trail Blazers    WIN LOSE (The Blazers are good right now, but we're 1-1 so far and we've beaten them on the road, so who knows).

Next up:

11/17 @ Magic              WIN            (we honestly just have a better team; but can't write anyone off. we're not that good yet)

11/18 @ Heat                WIN            (2nd night on a back2back on the road; otherwise we have a better team but can't write anyone off)

11/21 @ Cavs               WIN             (they're in full tank mode; they're trying to lose - if we can't win that's kind of sad)

11/23 vs Jazz                WIN             (jazz look like a hot mess right now, day after thanksgiving, and home court so im hoping all of this will give                                                              us the edge. i also think we have a better team but the jazz were really good all of last year, one bad stretch                                                            doesn't erase that and one good stretch for us doesn't make us either)

11/25 vs Magic              WIN             (think we're better but can't be overconfident)

11/27 @ Nuggets                   LOSE  (the nuggets look like the real deal this year. pieces finally coming together. players coming into their                                                                         potential. they're really good from three point range. can kill you inside as well. very solid team. this is the                                                                 game i feel we're most likely to lose in the month of november)

11/29 vs Pacers                     LOSE  (pacers are one of the top teams in the east. idk what their record this year against playoff and western                                                                    teams are, but they have a very solid team. still think we can edge out a win here though. home court                                                                       advantage has to count for something? they also have a b2b against the jazz and suns, then one day off                                                                 before us. hopefully thrashing the suns will make them overconfident?)

11/30 vs Mavericks       WIN             (mavs are good but we had their number for almost the entire game last time we played them. hopefully we                                                              do a better job closing out this time)

#40 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,672 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted Yesterday, 09:18 AM

I say Heat and Nuggets games which the Lakers will lose. 

End the month with 14-8 and keep building it in december!

• Adam likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Jackson, Google (1)