Bron looks like aging legend

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,527 posts

Posted October 11, 2018 - 12:45 PM

Well I think lebron is so mentally advanced at basketball that he’s going to exert himself in the right situations

You saw it yesterday. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if there’s a few games where he lets rondo, ingram, lonzo and kuzma take some of the workload and he kinda takes a step back

Sure we’ll play the rockets, warriors and Celtics and he’ll be more assertive and there’ll probably be games when it’s not clicking so he has to go into bull mode but overall I think you’ll kinda see him dictate tempo, distribute and attack less often than past years

This team has the most fellow creators he’s ever played with. It’s always been him and one other guy or him and no other guys

Now he has about 3-4 guys who can get their own points and help get other people points

Obviously no wade or Irving but overall it’s a group he can kinda play on court coach with and attack when he really has to

Sure he could probably do that for 82 games but I have a feeling he’ll want to conserve himself because come playoff time he’ll probably have to be 2017 lebron a bit more and if he’s healthy and the guys have allowed him to take that step back he’ll be even more ready to potential upset some of the higher up teams
  •     likes this
Posted Image

#42 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,266 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 11, 2018 - 01:23 PM

Judging Lebron's defense or overall production in the regular season should be a wash at this point.  I thought it was bull[expletive] up to 2016 playoffs but dude just has another gear he can tap into at will.  I hate the narrative that he carried the Cavs for 4 years but last year he actually did have to carry that team.  KD would not have gotten past the Pacers with that Cavs team.  

I believe KD is close but being in GS cannot be ignored.  He's not under any pressure to perform at an extremely high level until the 2nd round to get that team to win.  GS record without Steph also speaks to how impactful his play was last year as well.  KD is damn near unguardable but Lebron like Kobe did has mastered the game of basketball.  I just wish we got to see Kobe that mastered the game (12-13 season) in a better situation.  

Thanks.
I still think KD right there. AD bc of defense. Steph and Harden as individual scorers and offensive forces

•     likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#43 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,338 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted October 11, 2018 - 07:16 PM

I cant wait to bump this up at the end of year. Lebron is force. 

#44 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,666 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted October 12, 2018 - 03:31 AM

Lebron has a much better overall team than he had in Cleveland last season. He's the only guy on this roster that I'm not worried about at all.
  • GCMD likes this

#45 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,151 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted October 12, 2018 - 05:13 AM

Bron is going to be Bron... we have a solid 2-years of Bron being better than anyone else (definitely top 3).

#46 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,266 posts

Posted October 12, 2018 - 06:29 AM

Not only more talent but they are built to battle against GS.  Mostly b/c they have some of the same weaknesses.  

Lebron has a much better overall team than he had in Cleveland last season. He's the only guy on this roster that I'm not worried about at all.

• LACAS likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#47 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,527 posts

Posted October 12, 2018 - 09:16 AM

I will say weirder than seeing him in the uniform is hearing Stu and bill announce him for us. I still haven’t gotten used to it

I mean this guy has been such an enormous part of the nba for the last 15 years so hearing his name for us is still very strange

And the warriors game was the weirdest because lebron has battled those guys so much and now he’s doing it with us

I think if healthy we may give the warriors hell in the playoffs. Once things start to gel. I think the lakers will be a 4 or 5 seed because of early struggles and will be the team that no one wants to play because they will have hit their stride
  • Saber and LACAS like this
Posted Image

#48 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,527 posts

Posted October 12, 2018 - 09:33 AM

One thing I think the lakers have potential to be moreso than any team outside of the warriors is efficient, I think the lakers may be one of the higher field goal percentage teams. They have a lot of guys who shoot solid percentages.

And with as many passers as they have it may be their calling card. Tough defense and shooting well.
Posted Image

#49 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,012 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 12, 2018 - 12:07 PM

One thing I think the lakers have potential to be moreso than any team outside of the warriors is efficient, I think the lakers may be one of the higher field goal percentage teams. They have a lot of guys who shoot solid percentages.

And with as many passers as they have it may be their calling card. Tough defense and shooting well.

If I heard correctly last game, we were 2nd in the fastbreak points and points in the paint. Adding LeBron should generate better shots and hence a higher FG% overall. 

Where we struggled was 3's, free throws, and closing out games. 2/3 of those factors seem to still be an issue. 

#50 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 850 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted October 12, 2018 - 12:43 PM

It’s going to be fascinating to see the “productive pace” philosophy square up against the ‘Antonio three and D philosophy. I think the warriors are moving towards the latter at their detriment.

#51 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,527 posts

Posted October 12, 2018 - 12:59 PM

If I heard correctly last game, we were 2nd in the fastbreak points and points in the paint. Adding LeBron should generate better shots and hence a higher FG% overall.

Where we struggled was 3's, free throws, and closing out games. 2/3 of those factors seem to still be an issue.

I think one of our biggest issues that kept us at below 45 wins was closing games. Lebron alone fixes that

The 3 and free throws will probably be game to game lol. Some games we’ll be hot and probably win relatively easily
Posted Image

#52 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,759 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 14, 2018 - 10:38 AM

Don't like the idea of Bron and Rondo starting together

#53 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,898 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 14, 2018 - 11:11 AM

Don't like the idea of Bron and Rondo starting together

They likely won't for a majority of the season.

Lonzo will eventually be handed the starting role and Rondo will help control the 2nd unit.

I think some people are getting a bit ahead of themselves after these 2 Warriors victories.  We're still far from where we need to be but I see a vision and an evident style of play Luke and Co. are trying to establish.

As far as Lebron, it's so obvious that he's been half-fasting preseason.  He knows when to take a back step and can immediately flip the switch.  This wasn't something he was able to do earlier in his career, but after last season, it's evident that he can turn it on whenever.

#54 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,759 posts

Posted October 14, 2018 - 11:56 AM

Turning on and off switch is what old players do. Next step is not being able to turn switch on and off when they want. Then they just decline sharply

#55 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 850 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted October 14, 2018 - 12:52 PM

we get it, bron is old and he's going to decline. what's your next prediction, lowIQstradamus?

Turning on and off switch is what old players do. Next step is not being able to turn switch on and off when they want. Then they just decline sharply

#56 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,759 posts

Posted October 14, 2018 - 01:54 PM

Well his draft class notables are all on the brink or retired... we saw it with karl malone on the lakers

#57 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,246 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted October 14, 2018 - 02:56 PM

Well his draft class notables are all on the brink or retired... we saw it with karl malone on the lakers

Malone wasnt the best player in the league the year before. Thats a bad comparison. You really cant compare Lebron t anyone

#58 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,151 posts

Posted October 14, 2018 - 03:17 PM

The only thing that can slow down Bron this year or next to where he's no longer a top 5 player is a significant injury, otherwise he has 2 years as a top 3 player and the following 2 as a top 25.

• GCMD likes this

#59 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,266 posts

Posted October 15, 2018 - 01:41 PM

I believe at the most Lebron has this year and next year at this level, barring anything major he's still a better basketball player than most top players.  I can't forsee him being anything less than a top 5 guy during his tenure.  

With the way the team functions we are already seeing that his transition to not having to carry a huge load is in place.  Lebron isn't going to have to probe every single possession for a mismatch in ISO or to create an open look for a shooter all game.  I predict there will be games where he just isn't the most productive guy on the court but in the playoffs things will turn up as they should.  

• GCMD, LakerBaller24 and LACAS like this

#60 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,151 posts

Posted October 15, 2018 - 03:12 PM

^100%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users