63 replies to this topic

#1 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,759 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 07, 2018 - 06:33 PM

Father time is undefeated and though guys like LeBron and Kobe and Duncan can be effective late in their careers... They are far from their heights.
Bron played no defense in the preseason even in 15 minute per game. His elevation on his dunk was noticably average.

Does anyone else share this concern?

With players backing away from joining Bron could this be a Kobe situation all over?

#2 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,284 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 07, 2018 - 06:42 PM

No.

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#3 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,271 posts

Posted October 07, 2018 - 06:55 PM

Lol.

Seriously, what’s your beef with LeBron?
  • GCMD and fido like this

#4 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,527 posts

Posted October 07, 2018 - 07:14 PM

That dunk was with him running full speed he didn’t really have time to bounce

When he gets lift he has a gallop that he does but that time he literally jumped straight running full speed

Edited by last stand 2.0, October 07, 2018 - 07:16 PM.

Posted Image

#5 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,759 posts

Posted October 07, 2018 - 07:37 PM

No beef. Concern with his age and minutes played

#6 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,345 posts

Posted October 07, 2018 - 08:34 PM

He's already like Top 10 in minutes played in NBA career. We won't get 4 years out of him. But 2 is highly likely.

fXlFKv8.gif

#7 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,527 posts

Posted October 07, 2018 - 08:44 PM

He's already like Top 10 in minutes played in NBA career. We won't get 4 years out of him. But 2 is highly likely.

I’d be happy with 2, and him being a physical specimen unlike any we’ve seen may push to 3

I do believe at 38 we’ll see quite the decline but that’s fine. Hopefully the young guys have become legitimate studs by that point
Posted Image

#8 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,271 posts

Posted October 07, 2018 - 09:06 PM

That dunk was with him running full speed he didn’t really have time to bounce

When he gets lift he has a gallop that he does but that time he literally jumped straight running full speed

Finally, some logic. The guy pushed the ball full speed and takes off a step inside the FT line, but people are worried he’s lost a step. His vert definitely isn’t what it used to be, but him losing a step is still athletically superior to 90% of the league. LeBron will age as gracefully as any athlete we’ve seen in the NBA.

https://www.instagra.../p/BnZdGEUBa_x/

Edited by Massacre, October 07, 2018 - 09:09 PM.

#9 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,529 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 07, 2018 - 10:25 PM

please close this thread

this guy is insane

• Persian Gulf and MambaMentality like this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#10 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,543 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 07, 2018 - 10:43 PM

Father time is undefeated and though guys like LeBron and Kobe and Duncan can be effective late in their careers... They are far from their heights.
Bron played no defense in the preseason even in 15 minute per game. His elevation on his dunk was noticably average.

Does anyone else share this concern?

With players backing away from joining Bron could this be a Kobe situation all over?

I very much doubt it. From what i could tell Lebron just didnt care all that much about preseason.

Dont really agree that players are backing away from joining Lebron.

#11 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,759 posts

Posted October 07, 2018 - 10:49 PM

Time will tell

#12 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,012 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 08, 2018 - 08:18 AM

Why would LeBron go 100% in meaningless preseason games?

Even during the season -- the Lakers are going to have to manage his minutes wisely. However, come Playoff time...LeBron is going to feast. 

#13 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,527 posts

Posted October 08, 2018 - 08:25 AM

I actually think lebron is going to pace himself for the first time in his career. I think we may see him defer more often to Ingram, ball, rondo and kuzma

Obviously not the whole game but I think he’s going to pick his spot more
Posted Image

#14 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,666 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted October 08, 2018 - 08:29 AM

Wow...just wow
  • GCMD, fido and LACAS like this

#15 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,014 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 08, 2018 - 10:03 AM

BBIQ going heel, I love it haha
  • BasketballIQ likes this

#16 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,284 posts

Posted October 08, 2018 - 12:33 PM

LeBron, at age 37 (his 4th year of his Laker Contract, not 38) would probably be better than most of the NBA in their primes.  Will it be enough to be a #1 for a Championship team?  Doubtful...but if we still need LeBron to be our #1, Magic and Pelinka have failed.  I seriously doubt they sit and wait for LeBron to decline.

We have another max slot this summer.  Let's worry about LeBron aging IF we fail to lure a younger Superstar in 2019.

• bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

#17 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,527 posts

Posted October 08, 2018 - 01:40 PM

LeBron, at age 37 (his 4th year of his Laker Contract, not 38) would probably be better than most of the NBA in their primes. Will it be enough to be a #1 for a Championship team? Doubtful...but if we still need LeBron to be our #1, Magic and Pelinka have failed. I seriously doubt they sit and wait for LeBron to decline.

We have another max slot this summer. Let's worry about LeBron aging IF we fail to lure a younger Superstar in 2019.

Well ya, he’s not going to turn into a scrub or average player

I mean kobe would’ve aged gracefully had the Achilles not happened. That’s what people forget

He looked to be someone who’d be an effective 20ppg scorer well into his late 30s
Posted Image

#18 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,866 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted October 08, 2018 - 01:58 PM

BBIQ brings up a valid point.  You can disagree with him, but suggesting that he's crazy for posting this is way off.  Y'll think LBJ is immune from age related decline?

Statistically, non-centers in the NBA decline considerably at age 36 and beyond, even without an injury. 

So far, LBJ has beat Father Time.  So far.  But the decline will happen, its inevitable.  I havent see it yet, but its surely coming.

I'm ok if we get 2 good years out of him, attract another superstar, grow the young talent, and position ourselves for a run once GSW declines.  But there cannot be an expectation that LBJ can lead this team (minutes, scoring etc) after 2 years, its just not realistic.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#19 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,898 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 08, 2018 - 04:52 PM

Lebron's been washed up for some time now.

Preseason games are always the strongest indicator of how players will perform throughout the season.  

We should deal him now while he still has value.

• GCMD likes this

#20 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,284 posts

Posted October 08, 2018 - 06:04 PM

BBIQ brings up a valid point.  You can disagree with him, but suggesting that he's crazy for posting this is way off.  Y'll think LBJ is immune from age related decline?

Statistically, non-centers in the NBA decline considerably at age 36 and beyond, even without an injury. 

So far, LBJ has beat Father Time.  So far.  But the decline will happen, its inevitable.  I havent see it yet, but its surely coming.

I'm ok if we get 2 good years out of him, attract another superstar, grow the young talent, and position ourselves for a run once GSW declines.  But there cannot be an expectation that LBJ can lead this team (minutes, scoring etc) after 2 years, its just not realistic.

His point assumes LeBron has to be the #1 for the next 4 years.  That's a bad assumption.  The Lakers have never suggested they were going to place all of their hopes on 1 Superstar.  It's not accurate to assume that LeBron's aging limits the Lakers Future.  If we fail to land another superstar, maybe...

• bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users