27 replies to this topic

#21 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,269 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 04, 2018 - 07:29 PM

Maybe KCP nets something mid season.  I just think Svi has potential to take his minutes.  Im not even sure if there is key guy out there in that salary range along with a team that's willing to trade said guy for a wing on an expiring deal. 

Nikola Vucevic would be perfect.  He's making 12.7M.  He's doesn't provide much rim protection but he's a borderline all star level offensive big.  I hope this is a move they look into if Zubac doesn't turn it around. 

If we could land a legit rim running, rim-protecting lob target, I think the sky's the limit.  If we can convince EVERYONE to gang rebound, set HARD SCREENS and run on misses and makes, we are easily a top 3 team in the West and possibly the entire NBA.  I like where we're going and what we have to work with.

• GCMD likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#22 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 850 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 04, 2018 - 07:51 PM

i think this team would be amazing with AD. 3 straight championships. forget about KD to LA, we need AD to LA.

• GCMD and Busty Bluth like this

#23 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 475 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 04, 2018 - 10:09 PM

Lol the Lakers are looking like death after tonight's game with Sacramento. Kyle Kuzma with the Ed Hardy shirt... Christ dude.

If we're patient something will present itself. The only problem with "young athletic shot blocker who also has adequate fundamentals and is not insanely expensive" is that, the whole entire league is looking for the same thing.

Not sure what KCP nets us except a draft pick but only if we are willing to take another team's unwanted sloppy seconds (salary cap dump, think a Deng but not as many years left).

#24 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 475 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 04, 2018 - 10:13 PM

Here is a song for all the Laker fans in a panic right now:

"Dark Was the Night, Cold Was the Ground"[note 1] is a gospel blues song written and performed by American musician Blind Willie Johnson and recorded in 1927. The song is primarily an instrumental featuring Johnson's self-taught bottleneck slide guitar and picking style accompanied by his vocalizations of humming and moaning. It has the distinction of being one of 27 samples of music included on the Voyager Golden Record, launched into space in 1977 to represent the diversity of life on Earth.

Dark was the night, lonely was the ground fellas.... Dark was the night... Lonely was the ground (vintage polaroids and videos of George Mikan, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain, Magic Johnson, Kareem, Shaq, Kobe, begins tearing up)

smh... smh.... begins sobbing-

Everyone relax, we will be fine lol

Edited by dbtbandit67, October 04, 2018 - 10:15 PM.

#25 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,580 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 11, 2018 - 02:31 AM

Good breakdown of our preseason offense with video clips. Was trying to describe their common sets you see here in the OP. Overall, this is pretty lackluster for an offense, but we've been able to get because of how good the PnR is. But there's a lot more potential here, and I hope Walton sees that.

Excited for the start of the regular season!

#26 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,580 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 11, 2018 - 04:18 PM

I don’t think I’ve played on or been on staff for a team that’s put in fewer offensive sets in preseason than LA’s team this year.

They’d run like 6x the sets at this point last preseason. It’s not hard. Every decent high school team does it fairly quickly with kids/non-pros.

Things can turn around. LA isn’t doomed. By the nature of scheme, if they suddenly get themselves together they can right the ship. But with a 2 year sample + almost full preseason, the indicators aren’t good. There’s hope, but little evidence pointing to good scheme for LA.

#27 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,759 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 11, 2018 - 05:42 PM

I hate this guy

#28 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 3,094 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted October 11, 2018 - 08:05 PM

i think this team would be amazing with AD. 3 straight championships. forget about KD to LA, we need AD to LA.

soon
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users