https://twitter.com/...5230962688?s=21

#43 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,590 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 12, 2018 - 09:40 PM

lakers said the door is always open for former lakers players to come and workout plus he is a 2 time champion hahahaa

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#44 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,393 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 13, 2018 - 03:49 AM

Dude the man hasn't played ball in 4 years and just recently got back into gym shape.  If anything HE NEEDS the G league.  I guarantee you Wagner would wash him on the court.  If not that says more about the Zu, McGee and Wagner than Bynum...and that I would be concerned. 

Bynum, at his peak, was 10 times the Center Wagner will eve likely be and that's not even controversial or an overestimation.  He was CLEARLY 1b to Dwight's 1a as far as Center.  I seriously doubt he forgot how to play.

If anything, he may be too injured to return...much like Bogut, the talent was there, the will was there but his body was done.  That may be the case with Bynum...

BUT if Bynum is healthy, Wagner doesn't stand a chance.

My thing is no spot should be wasted.  Fans dont ever think that deep into the process b/c they'll fantasy decisions never have real consequences.  

On the C market: 

Mo Speights

Andrew Bogut

Al Jefferson

Lucas Nogueria

All who have actually logged NBA minutes in the past 4 years and have atleast one dependable skill thats worth 2.4M over Bynum.  Unless Bynum has been on HGH heavy the past 2-3 years and will be going fwd he's going to be someone that should never touch the floor.  Which even at the 15th spot should still be worth signing someone that has the ability to stick or contribute something positive.  Bynum is just giving Lakers writers click bait. 

Nogueria is the only guy on that list that would make even a modicum of sense for us.  Speights and Jefferson are super slow and Bogut is done.  

And you keep arguing a point and IGNORING the point I made.  An open roster spot has NOTHING to do with a CAMP INVITE.  NOTHING...I say again, NOTHING.

We can invite him to camp and if he doesn't work out, CUT HIM.

We can offer him a non-guaranteed contract and if he doesn't work out, CUT HIM.

No one is saying we should commit a roster spot to Bynum...NO ONE.  You keep saying that over and over like it's going to make it true...FAKE NEWS.

If Wagner will outplay him, we will see that on the floor.  Won't hurt to find out.

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#45 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,358 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 13, 2018 - 04:25 AM

Bynum was never as good as Dwight.  If he was the Lakers wouldn't have gotten curbstomped by OKC in 2011-12.  Bynum while having a more polished post game was NOT a good defender in pick and roll, lazy at times and never really seemed to have the desire to dominate when it actually mattered.  

Bynum, at his peak, was 10 times the Center Wagner will eve likely be and that's not even controversial or an overestimation.  He was CLEARLY 1b to Dwight's 1a as far as Center.  I seriously doubt he forgot how to play.

If anything, he may be too injured to return...much like Bogut, the talent was there, the will was there but his body was done.  That may be the case with Bynum...

Nogueria is the only guy on that list that would make even a modicum of sense for us.  Speights and Jefferson are super slow and Bogut is done.  

And you keep arguing a point and IGNORING the point I made.  An open roster spot has NOTHING to do with a CAMP INVITE.  NOTHING...I say again, NOTHING.

No one is saying we should commit a roster spot to Bynum...NO ONE.  You keep saying that over and over like it's going to make it true...FAKE NEWS.

If Wagner will outplay him, we will see that on the floor.  Won't hurt to find out.

• Busty Bluth likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#46 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,166 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 13, 2018 - 07:12 AM

Lazy? Prove it

#47 L8kers4life

L8kers4life

Rookie

• 68 posts
  • Fan Since:1979 I was born a Lakers fan
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 13, 2018 - 09:10 AM

Bynum once had a triple double with 10 blocks in a playoff game, then got 30brebounds against Duncan in another playoff series. Did you guys watch the film, he looks to be in great shape, dude is automatic even hurt down low in the post.

#48 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,960 posts

Posted September 13, 2018 - 09:37 AM

He’s been out of basketball for 4 years. Regardless of his “shape” you can’t determine if he’s in basketball shape. They’re 2 totally different things. I think a team will give him an invite if they feel they can afford to have him

If I was the warriors with all of those vets I’d 100% give him a look. You’re the warriors and you have absolutely nothing to lose
Posted Image

#49 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 522 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted September 13, 2018 - 10:40 AM

G-League to get in shape. Call him up later in the season if needed. Quite possible some of the new guys will get more burn in the g-league. And while Zubac is much younger, he didn’t really do much his second year. At least I can’t recall a lot of improvement. And for 10-14 minutes a game? I think Bynum has a legitimate chance of *earning* that. I don’t understand why some would be opposed to giving him a chance.

I hope he gets that camp invite and he feasts on everyone. It looks like he can shoot a spot up three as well. Saw some videos of JaVale doing the same. We have no idea what bynums lateral quickness looks like - to switch on pick and roll/pops etc. Maginka aren’t blinded by any sentimentality either. So we’ll get a pretty solid evaluation based on talent and fit.

What do y’all think about Jamal Crawford? Camp invite? 15th roster spot?

#50 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,358 posts

Posted September 13, 2018 - 10:44 AM

Zubac was about as good last year as Bynum was in 2014 without the chronic knee and motivation issues

G-League to get in shape. Call him up later in the season if needed. Quite possible some of the new guys will get more burn in the g-league. And while Zubac is much younger, he didn’t really do much his second year. At least I can’t recall a lot of improvement. And for 10-14 minutes a game? I think Bynum has a legitimate chance of *earning* that. I don’t understand why some would be opposed to giving him a chance.

I hope he gets that camp invite and he feasts on everyone. It looks like he can shoot a spot up three as well. Saw some videos of JaVale doing the same. We have no idea what bynums lateral quickness looks like - to switch on pick and roll/pops etc. Maginka aren’t blinded by any sentimentality either. So we’ll get a pretty solid evaluation based on talent and fit.

What do y’all think about Jamal Crawford? Camp invite? 15th roster spot?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#51 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,599 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted September 13, 2018 - 11:14 AM

Lazy? Prove it

Your honor he illegally parked in handicap spaces.

Bye for now
  • fido likes this

#52 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,960 posts

Posted September 13, 2018 - 11:24 AM

I mean my thing is I do like Wagner the most of any of our centers so in that respect I don’t want Bynum here.

However I would like to see where he’s at for the sake of it
Posted Image

#53 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,166 posts

Posted September 13, 2018 - 12:44 PM

I want the most talent.

If Bynum could clog the paint, hit a wide open 3 and help for cheap... why wouldnt we accept him?

#54 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,100 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted September 13, 2018 - 01:39 PM

Zubac was about as good last year as Bynum was in 2014 without the chronic knee and motivation issues

Uhm no. Not even close. 

• GCMD likes this

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#55 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,166 posts

Posted September 13, 2018 - 03:00 PM

Lol. Jody. Next you gone say Derozan

#56 wvlaker

wvlaker

Rookie

• 255 posts
  • Fan Since:8 years old

Posted September 13, 2018 - 05:36 PM

Not commenting on whether I'd like him on this team or not but this got me watching some old clips. I forgot just how much of a monster he was at times. Absolutely destroyed DeAndre Jordan and Marc Gasol a few games. He was one of the only big men I really got excited about watching play.
  • GCMD and Xinxin like this

hey 

#57 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,358 posts

Posted September 13, 2018 - 05:52 PM

Yall do realize Bynum played 26 games in 13-14 and was pretty much terrible right? 

• Busty Bluth likes this

#58 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,393 posts

Posted September 13, 2018 - 06:48 PM

Bynum was never as good as Dwight.  If he was the Lakers wouldn't have gotten curbstomped by OKC in 2011-12.  Bynum while having a more polished post game was NOT a good defender in pick and roll, lazy at times and never really seemed to have the desire to dominate when it actually mattered.  

I said 1b to Dwight's 1a.  If you can't figure out what that means, discussion here is futile.  Dwight was a better defender but Bynum was 10x better offensively.

Yall do realize Bynum played 26 games in 13-14 and was pretty much terrible right? 

Because he was injured...if his body is still a wreck, send him packing.  If it's not, what do we have to lose?  We can still send him packing and it would cost us little to nothing.

I keep saying we shouldn't commit long-term to Bynum.  You agree.  What's the issue with giving him a work out?  You keep skipping over that.

If he's healthy, Bynum has a better chance of being our 2nd C than Wagner...if he gets into game shape, he will likely get more burn than McGee.  McGee is only 3 months younger than Bynum.  Bynum turns 31 in Oct and McGee turns 31 in Jan.  If you ask me who would be the best C if 100% healthy, it's Bynum, hands down.

Problem is, we don't know if he's healthy.

Which leads me back to "why don't you want to find out if Bynum has anything left"?  What exactly do we have to lose?

tenor.gif

#59 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,393 posts

Posted September 13, 2018 - 07:03 PM

I was against DMC unless we landed LeBron.  LeBron has enough clout to control guys like DMC and Bynum.

tenor.gif

#60 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,358 posts

Posted September 14, 2018 - 04:55 AM

1a and 1b is either considered a tie or just splitting hairs.  In reality the gap between the two was like the gap between Lebron and Melo their whole careers. 

• Busty Bluth likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users