67 replies to this topic

#21 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,376 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 10, 2018 - 03:39 PM

I wouldn't expect much. He's been out of the league for a long time and it's changed a lot since then. There's no way he can handle being switched onto guards. He was a ball-stopper. And, he had really big character and injury issues.

#22 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 10, 2018 - 04:38 PM

Character issues? We got rondo and beasley and Stevenson

#23 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,512 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 10, 2018 - 09:22 PM

The game has finally evolved to fit Bynum's true abilities.

lol troy murphy and andrew goudelock and devin ebanks

[expletive] my life. what did i witness ???

• LakeShow1o1 likes this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#24 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,211 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 11, 2018 - 06:13 AM

Are we as LA really trying to go back down this road?  Dude has knobby knees, does not fit in this era of bball based on how he played defense and they have 2 C prospects they should be developing.  Bynum likely does not even make an NBA team.  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#25 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,211 posts

Posted September 11, 2018 - 06:14 AM

Zubac, McGee and Wagner are on the roster.  Bynum hasn't played in 4 years.  Im sure LA is good. 

We could use a center.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#26 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,211 posts

Posted September 11, 2018 - 06:21 AM

What's the point in having Bynum as the 15th man unless he's going to return to his all star level?  If Bynum is barely good enough to make the roster that means he shouldn't be getting minutes over the other 3 Centers we have on the roster.  Where is this idea coming from the team is in need of another C?  They have 3 and 1 other guy in Lebron whose going to run the 5 in a death lineup.  Some LA fans love living in the past.  

Shannon Brown is only like 30 as well...should we go sign him too? 

• fido, Busty Bluth and Olabebeh like this

#27 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 11, 2018 - 07:45 AM

Shannon 32. Did u see Bynum?

McGee is no future Laker and Zu hella shaky

#28 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,211 posts

Posted September 11, 2018 - 08:18 AM

Yes I saw both vids.  Nothing he was doing in the videos indicates he can play at an NBA level.  As shaky as Zu is he's still 21 years old and has played NBA basketball in the last 2 years.  Bynum hasn't been on the court since 13-14 season and only played 2 games then.  

If Bynum can make an NBA team after not playing for 4 years and being bad defensively before he left that'd say more about the talent on the team now than him.  

Shannon 32. Did u see Bynum?

McGee is no future Laker and Zu hella shaky

#29 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,205 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 11, 2018 - 09:59 AM

Until he gets a new brain, it won't help.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#30 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,230 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted September 11, 2018 - 10:20 AM

He hasnt played in the league for 4 years. I dont think he would be a better option then the centers we already have. Plus i dont get to excited watching NBA players work out on there own.

#31 LAkerFan85

LAkerFan85

Rookie

• 254 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 11, 2018 - 11:29 AM

There's a bank in every city

• Busty Bluth and Aykut Purde like this

#32 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,489 posts

Posted September 11, 2018 - 11:32 AM

Some of you are funny. You act like it would affect the lakers in any negative way just to bring him in for a workout.

You act like if the lakers brought him in for a workout they’re obligated to sign

You also act like the lakers would sign him if he couldn’t play

That’s kinda the ridiculous part of all of this. I don’t think anyone has said sign him. But work him out? That’s really neither here nor there

If he happened to wow in the workout the lakers would then evaluate the situation, if he didn’t then they’d just let him walk out the gym and decline signing him
  • GCMD and Adam like this
Posted Image

#33 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,376 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted September 11, 2018 - 01:27 PM

Character issues? We got rondo and beasley and Stevenson

I'm not a fan of any of the Lakers' signing other than LeBron.

But, I don't remember Beasley and Stevenson having anywhere near the same type of character issues.

Rondo's time in Dallas is a big concern. And depending on what you believe, his time with the Bulls may be problematic. There were rumors that he and Jimmy Butler clashed because Butler didn't like the young guys on that team. If Rondo's only offense was sticking up for his teammates, than I don't think that's a big problem. I didn't hear any problems with him in Boston, Sacramento, or New Orleans.

Bynum has been a problem everywhere he's been. He injured himself further by bowling. He's clashed with coaches. He once went to practice and did nothing but shoot 3s.

I'm just saying not to expect much. They can bring Bynum in if they want to. They even worked out the likes of LiAngelo Ball. But, Bynum is not realistically going to be a good option for the Lakers.

Edited by Japago, September 11, 2018 - 01:28 PM.

#34 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,211 posts

Posted September 11, 2018 - 05:00 PM

What's the point in working someone out just to waste their time?  The ridiculous part of this is that some fans dont realize these are real people with real lives.  There is 0 point to working out Bynum if all he can do is ride the bench.  They'd also have to pay him 2.4M to do so.  

AGAIN, if Bynum after 4 years of not playing in the NBA can make this roster that says more about the NBA talent at the bottom than anything.  Another thing in play is what is the point in signing Bynum to be an inactive C?  Does anyone actually think he's going to play better than Zubac/Wagner/McGee?  If so those guys should be waived immediately. 

Some of you are funny. You act like it would affect the lakers in any negative way just to bring him in for a workout.

You act like if the lakers brought him in for a workout they’re obligated to sign

You also act like the lakers would sign him if he couldn’t play

That’s kinda the ridiculous part of all of this. I don’t think anyone has said sign him. But work him out? That’s really neither here nor there

If he happened to wow in the workout the lakers would then evaluate the situation, if he didn’t then they’d just let him walk out the gym and decline signing him

• Busty Bluth likes this

#35 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 468 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted September 11, 2018 - 09:05 PM

Why is it 2.4mil? I didn’t know the vet min was that much

And a camp invite costs us nothing. And this is a business. Never hurts keep good relationships. Giving him a chance doesn’t cost us anything. If anything it should be even more motivation for those fighting for the 15th spot to work harder. And maybe he has changed. 4 years of not playing nba level basketball...that can be great motivation. I remember bynums antics, but I also remember he was a very skilled center. And that’s a good skill set to have on your roster. Will he be our starting center? Probably not. But can he play ten to fourteen solid minutes? Can he switch? Maybe.

He knows no team is going to sign a defensively challenged center coming off a four year break...or at least I expect him to.

All I’m saying is that as a former champion and former laker - we can give the guy a break. I mean if he can’t get a workout with us, I imagine that’d seriously hamper his chances with others. And the lakers have shown themselves to be a classy organization time and time again.

At the end of the day, I trust magic and rob to make the best decisions for the team. Bynum night not be in it, but as a fan I certainly hope so.

What's the point in working someone out just to waste their time? The ridiculous part of this is that some fans dont realize these are real people with real lives. There is 0 point to working out Bynum if all he can do is ride the bench. They'd also have to pay him 2.4M to do so.

AGAIN, if Bynum after 4 years of not playing in the NBA can make this roster that says more about the NBA talent at the bottom than anything. Another thing in play is what is the point in signing Bynum to be an inactive C? Does anyone actually think he's going to play better than Zubac/Wagner/McGee? If so those guys should be waived immediately.

#36 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,240 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 11, 2018 - 09:45 PM

Giving him a camp invite and a non-guaranteed contract hurts no one.  If he doesn't work out, we waive him and move on.

I don't think he's going to make the team but if he surprises us, we could use him.  It's not like we have a lot of great options at C on the roster.  Wagner will likely spend a lot of time in the G-League so...

Edited by GCMD, September 11, 2018 - 09:47 PM.

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#37 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,211 posts

Posted September 12, 2018 - 07:06 AM

Dude the man hasn't played ball in 4 years and just recently got back into gym shape.  If anything HE NEEDS the G league.  I guarantee you Wagner would wash him on the court.  If not that says more about the Zu, McGee and Wagner than Bynum...and that I would be concerned. 

Giving him a camp invite and a non-guaranteed contract hurts no one.  If he doesn't work out, we waive him and move on.

I don't think he's going to make the team but if he surprises us, we could use him.  It's not like we have a lot of great options at C on the roster.  Wagner will likely spend a lot of time in the G-League so...

• Busty Bluth likes this

#38 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,211 posts

Posted September 12, 2018 - 07:21 AM

My thing is no spot should be wasted.  Fans dont ever think that deep into the process b/c they'll fantasy decisions never have real consequences.  

On the C market: 

Mo Speights

Andrew Bogut

Al Jefferson

Lucas Nogueria

All who have actually logged NBA minutes in the past 4 years and have atleast one dependable skill thats worth 2.4M over Bynum.  Unless Bynum has been on HGH heavy the past 2-3 years and will be going fwd he's going to be someone that should never touch the floor.  Which even at the 15th spot should still be worth signing someone that has the ability to stick or contribute something positive.  Bynum is just giving Lakers writers click bait. 

#39 dazz

dazz

• 1,311 posts

Posted September 12, 2018 - 07:47 AM

Why is it 2.4mil? I didn’t know the vet min was that much

He's an 8 year veteran. The more seasons under the belt, the higher the minimum salary

2s6lb11.jpg

#40 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,512 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 12, 2018 - 08:41 AM

seems like the lakers already invited him to enter their training facility to workout there

lol

there u go 

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users