• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#81 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,243 posts

Posted September 02, 2018 - 10:53 PM

Both of these guys seem like they want to challenge Bron and create their own legacy more than joining him. Idk, could be me. What better way to do that than on the garbage ass Clippers, of all franchises.
  • bfc1125roy likes this

#82 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,561 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 03, 2018 - 01:00 AM

Both of these guys seem like they want to challenge Bron and create their own legacy more than joining him. Idk, could be me. What better way to do that than on the garbage ass Clippers, of all franchises.

Actually, that is kind of possible now that I think about it. Still think they both stay in GSW and Boston, respectively. But who knows with Jerry [expletive]ing West...

#83 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,490 posts

Posted September 03, 2018 - 11:10 AM

I think the likeliest stars to move in the next few years are butler, Leonard and Anthony Davis

Lillard is another one but his contract still has some time on it

The positive about lillard is if we start to feel we won’t be able to get Leonard we can make a deal for lillard if lonzo doesn’t show himself to be a fit with lebron

Not a fan of his contract but I like lillard a heck of a lot more than butler
Posted Image

#84 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,704 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 03, 2018 - 11:31 AM

KD would win Finals MVP here
  • MambaMentality likes this

#85 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,003 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 03, 2018 - 11:36 AM

Maybe the Lakers will add Magic Johnson Michael Jordan Charles Barkley Larry Bird and David Robinson, and stay within the salary cap somehow.

How about Lonzo Ball make half his free throws this upcoming season, let's start there.

I'm tired of his "my bad" and pan zoom to a sad look on his face. Strengthen your body, take less vacations while you suck ass, and hit your jumpers.

Punk

What?

Punk

What?

Punk

We have enough wings Pelinka, go out and get us a young athletic defensive big.

You punk.

WTF  

• MambaMentality likes this

#86 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,582 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted September 03, 2018 - 11:53 AM

I really feel bad for Franchises like magic or Charlotte.... fans have no hope like we do to land stars lol

ap1.png

#87 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 1,045 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted September 03, 2018 - 12:35 PM

This is just 4d chess from Kyrie. Get the Lakers to trade for Butler and have Butler leave.

#88 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 460 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kyle Kuzma

Posted September 05, 2018 - 02:56 PM

I let this go on for long enough.

We are not going to give Jimmy Butler or Klay Thompson $120M-$150M (or more, Christ) for 4-5 years.

We are not going to do it.

That is not going to happen.

Why? Because neither of them are worth THAT much. Laker fans really lose their minds sometimes when it comes to potential free agents. I would rather hang in there with our chips on the table than forcing ourselves to go all-in on a weak hand just because we have some superstition that we need to make a move before midnight.

NO - wait for a good situation to come. Magic and Pelinka are doing great so far. They both deserve some sort of award from the league.

That type of money are for players like Lillard or KD. Players where, you put them on Denver or New York, they are suddenly advancing deep in the playoffs and they are in the conversation for a championship.

Both Butler and Klay are system type players. Their not guys that are single handedly making a franchise relevant.

You take Klay out of GS, he's not gonna be as good not getting a lot of the same looks that he was.

GS is a perfect situation for him.

Edited by dbtbandit67, September 05, 2018 - 03:07 PM.

• Navidballack likes this

#89 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 460 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kyle Kuzma

Posted September 05, 2018 - 03:04 PM

Ok, so this is how this is going to go.

Look at this list:

https://www.sbnation...nt-kyrie-irving

Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, and Karl Anthony Towns (I'll add Porzingis if he has a full healthy year, but not if he gets hurt again after recovering) are the only 3-4 players the Lakers are going to offer max dollars to.

AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE

WHAT?

CAUSE STONE

COLD

SAID SO!

#90 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,531 posts

Posted September 06, 2018 - 12:48 AM

I let this go on for long enough.

We are not going to give Jimmy Butler or Klay Thompson $120M-$150M (or more, Christ) for 4-5 years.

We are not going to do it.

That is not going to happen.

Why? Because neither of them are worth THAT much. Laker fans really lose their minds sometimes when it comes to potential free agents. I would rather hang in there with our chips on the table than forcing ourselves to go all-in on a weak hand just because we have some superstition that we need to make a move before midnight.

NO - wait for a good situation to come. Magic and Pelinka are doing great so far. They both deserve some sort of award from the league.

That type of money are for players like Lillard or KD. Players where, you put them on Denver or New York, they are suddenly advancing deep in the playoffs and they are in the conversation for a championship.

Both Butler and Klay are system type players. Their not guys that are single handedly making a franchise relevant.

You take Klay out of GS, he's not gonna be as good not getting a lot of the same looks that he was.

GS is a perfect situation for him.

There's a huge difference between what a player should get and what he will get.

And while i agree that LA will focus on adding KD or Kawhi i think if those guys are off the beard, the Lakers will pay whatever necessary to get that 2nd guy.

As for the worth of Klay and Butler i probably agree that a max is a bit steep, but Klay and his ability to shoot off and defend would be an amazing fit with Lebron and Jimmy Butler actually has been a legit MVP candate for these past few seasons.

#91 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 822 posts

Posted September 07, 2018 - 03:30 PM

this is really only true for guys who are on the cusp of being franchise altering talents. otherwise, the gap between earning potential and actual earnings is not that deep. of course, in weird cap years, you have guys like deng and mozgov overachieving with respect to their paychecks.

we are saving that max slot for KD, and when he shows he's healthy, kawhi.

There's a huge difference between what a player should get and what he will get.

#92 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,216 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 07, 2018 - 04:16 PM

Not really.  You really need to get over the fact you just dont like Lebron dude.  As great as KD is if they had the same responsibilities to their respective teams Lebron is still a level better and if you actually watched KD on GS you'd know he ISOs a lot of the team.  It's actually been a gift and curse for them. 

Kd is better than Bron and anyone with eyes and isnt bias can see that. Any of those clutch ahots that Bron made on his run last year could have been made by KD.

Kd prefeers the ball moves not sticks every single.play.

Edited by Jody Smokes, September 07, 2018 - 04:17 PM.

• GCMD likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#93 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,704 posts

Posted September 07, 2018 - 05:34 PM

KD has been a curse for them?

In toght ganes you need iso scoring.
Bron does it
Curry
Harden
Kyrie
Tatum

Good teams move the ball

#94 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,240 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 07, 2018 - 05:40 PM

Not really.  You really need to get over the fact you just dont like Lebron dude.  As great as KD is if they had the same responsibilities to their respective teams Lebron is still a level better and if you actually watched KD on GS you'd know he ISOs a lot of the team.  It's actually been a gift and curse for them. 

I don't even know how people still debate KD vs LeBron.  Until LeBron declines, it's pretty clear to most that LeBron is better than KD in most statistics and as the best player on his team.

I agree that the only explanation is preference...still, they aren't close enough that preference puts KD over the top...not yet, anyway.

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#95 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,240 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 07, 2018 - 05:41 PM

KD has been a curse for them?

In toght ganes you need iso scoring.
Bron does it
Curry
Harden
Kyrie
Tatum

Good teams move the ball

Kd doesn't play well within the GSW scheme.  The only time KD's ISO makes sense is when Steph is banged up.

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#96 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,704 posts

Posted September 07, 2018 - 07:12 PM

So how did he win Finals MVP then?

That 73 win team lost in the Finals. Iso scoring is a oart of every good team.
Utah did it with Mitchell as well

#97 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,216 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 08, 2018 - 05:16 PM

Nothing is wrong with ISO scoring.  It's actually something they needed to go to beat houston.  However, there were plenty of times the team could not find an offensive rhythm b/c of too much ISO ball on KDs behalf.  Utah didn't beat Houston either so Im not really seeing the point in using Mitchell.  It was clear the team needed more than iso sets from Mitchell.  

So how did he win Finals MVP then?

That 73 win team lost in the Finals. Iso scoring is a oart of every good team.
Utah did it with Mitchell as well

• GCMD likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users