#1 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 1,002 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 24, 2018 - 12:33 PM

Jimmy Butler's open to the idea of moving on from the Timberwolves to play alongside LeBron in LA, per @EricPincus http://bit.ly/2P3WMJF

Edited by b.diddy2417, September 19, 2018 - 10:01 AM.

#2 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 1,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted August 24, 2018 - 01:09 PM

Jimmy in Minnesota like

tenor.gif?itemid=5042489

• GCMD likes this

#3 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,582 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 24, 2018 - 01:23 PM

No thanks

ap1.png

#4 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,367 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted August 24, 2018 - 01:34 PM

I’m not really interested in paying him the max, but he could be useful. No way would I trade the core for him. Minnesota should be trading Wiggins weak ass he and Thibs are the problems.

Bye for now

#5 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,886 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 24, 2018 - 02:10 PM

Jimmy Butler is the in the DeRozan / Blake Griffin / Mike Conley type tier.

Talented star players whom place up quality numbers but obviously aren't worth their max price tag.

Smaller / Mid Level Franchises will be willing to offer them large paychecks, however there's no reason to hand-out that much money considering the position we are in.

• Jody Smokes and Olabebeh like this

#6 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,367 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted August 24, 2018 - 03:06 PM

Jimmy Butler is the in the DeRozan / Blake Griffin / Mike Conley type tier.
Talented star players whom place up quality numbers but obviously aren't worth their max price tag.

Smaller / Mid Level Franchises will be willing to offer them large paychecks, however there's no reason to hand-out that much money considering the position we are in.

You forgot to mention a certain Paul George...as well.

Bye for now

#7 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,886 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 24, 2018 - 03:36 PM

You forgot to mention a certain Paul George...as well.

Bye for now

I think George is in a different tier. I would have been willing to offer him the max no questions asked.

Just off the top of my head.

Tier A

Lebron / Davis / Durant / Kawhi / Steph / Westbrook / Giannis / Harden / Kyrie / etc.

Tier B

George / Lilard / Wall / Towns / Embiid / Klay / Draymond / Paul (on the decline) / etc.

Tier C

Butler / DeRozan / Beal / CJ Mc. / Conley / Walker / (and a majority of the so called "stars" in the league)

Many may disagree with my ranking of certain guys but that's just how I value the following players given their skillset, the landscape of the league, and the style of play that's currently being valued.

Edited by LakeShow1o1, August 24, 2018 - 03:36 PM.

• GCMD, Olabebeh and LACAS like this

#8 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,228 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 24, 2018 - 03:43 PM

Jimmy's a great player but he's always been a grinder on every team he's been on.  I don't know how you pay a guy a max deal like that in order for him to conform to a way of basketball that he may not even be worth 30-35M a year in.  

Im sure GCMD will come in and call me crazy but I just dont see Jimmy Buckets as a franchise gamechanger worth forking over 30-35M a year for when they have key players that can give you the production Jimmy is capable of for much less with more depth and cap to spend elsewhere.  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#9 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,228 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted August 24, 2018 - 03:44 PM

The only max player Im truly interested in is Kawhi Leonard.  Outside of him I dont see the rest as players that are complete franchise game changers on their own.  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#10 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,245 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 24, 2018 - 05:05 PM

Jimmy's a great player but he's always been a grinder on every team he's been on.  I don't know how you pay a guy a max deal like that in order for him to conform to a way of basketball that he may not even be worth 30-35M a year in.  

Im sure GCMD will come in and call me crazy but I just dont see Jimmy Buckets as a franchise gamechanger worth forking over 30-35M a year for when they have key players that can give you the production Jimmy is capable of for much less with more depth and cap to spend elsewhere.  

You continue your string of wrongness and constantly calling my name for no reason, in your wrongness.

CM7k.gif

I wouldn't want to pay Jimmy Butler the max at this point.  I'd rather try to get Kawhi.  I do think you could get Butler cheaper than Kawhi meaning you could land a lesser star but keep more kids in a trade.  That's a plus.

But no...what you said is false, as usual.  (Before you flip out, I tried to match your tongue in cheek...this wasn't an insult/attack).

Edited by GCMD, August 24, 2018 - 05:07 PM.

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#11 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,000 posts

Posted August 24, 2018 - 06:28 PM

Kawhi, KD, and Klay would be the premier targets. It's been stated that Klay is staying with the Warriors, but anything can happen. I don't see KD joining LeBron -- personally I hope he goes East. Leaving the Warriors and the Western Conference in general would make indirectly improve the Lakers. 

Kawhi will be the wild card. 

• Busty Bluth and bfc1125roy like this

#12 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 1,046 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted August 24, 2018 - 07:46 PM

He'll prob end up in New York with Kyrie. 

• BasketballIQ likes this

#13 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,532 posts

Posted August 24, 2018 - 10:23 PM

Jimmy Butler's open to the idea of moving on from the Timberwolves to play alongside LeBron in LA, per @EricPincus http://bit.ly/2P3WMJF

Would be fantastic to get Jimmy Butler. Not going to get into what we might have offered the Spurs for Kawhi, but if we held back on that deal it would seem strange to offer up more in a Butler deal since Kawhi clearly is a superior player.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#14 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,532 posts

Posted August 24, 2018 - 10:24 PM

He'll prob end up in New York with Kyrie. 

NY dont have enough cap space to get both Kyrie and Jimmy - not if they wish to keep Porzingiz .

#15 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,245 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 24, 2018 - 11:04 PM

Kawhi, KD, and Klay would be the premier targets. It's been stated that Klay is staying with the Warriors, but anything can happen. I don't see KD joining LeBron -- personally I hope he goes East. Leaving the Warriors and the Western Conference in general would make indirectly improve the Lakers. 

Kawhi will be the wild card. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but even if KD left GSW and went East, GSW is still the favs to win it all, no?  Especially if KD is their only loss.

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#16 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,710 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 24, 2018 - 11:22 PM

No. Lose KD and that team with Bogut and Barnes and a younger and more effective Iggy is not the team they were.

I think KD might play with Bron and win Finals MVP. He's that good

#17 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,532 posts

Posted August 24, 2018 - 11:27 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but even if KD left GSW and went East, GSW is still the favs to win it all, no?  Especially if KD is their only loss.

Yeah, probably. Maybe if he goes to Philly they can make moves that put them over the top.

• GCMD likes this

#18 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,000 posts

Posted August 25, 2018 - 07:31 AM

They're probably still the likely favorites. But if they lose KD and we get another star (especially Kawhi), I think we're the favorites. 

Warriors showed they can be beaten last year, even with KD. So if they lose the #2 best player in the NBA, we have a legitimate shot with LeBron,

• GCMD likes this

#19 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,516 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 25, 2018 - 12:09 PM

bla bla bla

• Busty Bluth likes this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#20 Yaboy

Yaboy

Starter

• 4,642 posts

Posted August 25, 2018 - 01:41 PM

Dude is always missing games and doesn't seem to be a good locker room presence for the young fellas... no thanks.

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users