42 replies to this topic

#21 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 795 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James :)

Posted August 05, 2018 - 09:18 AM

Ya in the NBA Africa game he looked like that old guy at the YMCA that could still play and score, but on D you could easily go around him and then he'd just  hard foul or grab you to keep you from scoring :) 

I'm not Luke but I don't think that's the switching type of defense he's going for.

• GCMD, Busty Bluth and bigfetz like this

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#22 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,366 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted August 05, 2018 - 10:14 AM

He wants out now

I offer my help and this is how he responds.

Bye for now

#23 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,994 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 05, 2018 - 11:47 AM

Deng is the last negative (in terms of salary + length of contract) piece from the previous regime. 

When we traded away Russell with Mozgov, we at least got a late 1st (which turned out to be Kuzma) and an expiring contract in Brook Lopez (who was a very serviceable center that could stretch the floor). 

With Deng, we'd have to give up one of our top assets (apparently teams wanted Lonzo, Ingram, or Kuzma) and practically only get expiring contract(s) in return. Highly unlikely we'd get anything of value like we did in that Mozgov deal. It's best just to wait out another year, and then Deng will have some value as an expiring contract. 

Edited by Clutch Factor, August 05, 2018 - 11:48 AM.

• bfc1125roy likes this

#24 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,489 posts

Posted August 05, 2018 - 03:27 PM

Dude is the oldest 33 year old in the nba I mean seriously. He should’ve been a contributor up until at least 35. And tbh the luol deng we signed should’ve been a starter for us at the 4

I almost wish he’d get in shape but idk if that’s the only issue. He’d help quite a bit if he was even 70% of what he used to be

But we’re pretry crowded at the forwards now
  • bfc1125roy likes this
Posted Image

#25 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,366 posts

Posted August 05, 2018 - 05:55 PM

Dude is the oldest 33 year old in the nba I mean seriously. He should’ve been a contributor up until at least 35. And tbh the luol deng we signed should’ve been a starter for us at the 4

I almost wish he’d get in shape but idk if that’s the only issue. He’d help quite a bit if he was even 70% of what he used to be

But we’re pretry crowded at the forwards now

No way in hell he’s 33.

Bye for now
  • lakerfan98 likes this

#26 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,531 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 07, 2018 - 02:20 AM

I really hope they can somehow find a role for him or perhaps move him for someone on an equally bad - or slightly better - contract that can serve a purpose.

Maybe

Demarre Carroll - expiring.

George Hill - same contract, but non-guaranteed the 2nd year.

Allen Crabbe - solid shooter. Same deal.

Kent Bazemore - same contract, but he's a productive 3s/D wing.

Gorgui Dieng - a year longer on his deal, but a quality defensive big, who just came off a bad year.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, August 07, 2018 - 02:31 AM.

#27 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,531 posts

Posted August 07, 2018 - 02:39 AM

Hell, even straight up for Joakim Noah would be a better way to go, than to have him rot on the bench.

Would allow both a chance to redeem themselves.

#28 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,240 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 08, 2018 - 12:34 AM

Hell, even straight up for Joakim Noah would be a better way to go, than to have him rot on the bench.

Would allow both a chance to redeem themselves.

Bite your tongue.  Noah is done too and he makes more than Deng over the next 2.  HARD pass.

• bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#29 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,531 posts

Posted August 08, 2018 - 12:42 AM

Bite your tongue.  Noah is done too and he makes more than Deng over the next 2.  HARD pass.

Are you kidding?

Noah makes 19.3M for 19/20 and Deng makes 18.8M which is a difference of only 160k once they're stretched, which makes their salary completely irrelevant.

#30 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,240 posts

Posted August 08, 2018 - 08:23 PM

Are you kidding?

Noah makes 19.3M for 19/20 and Deng makes 18.8M which is a difference of only 160k once they're stretched, which makes their salary completely irrelevant.

What?

Did you forget what MORE means?  I didn't bring up stretching anyone and the point was Noah's not worth it and neither is Deng...and Noah makes more than Deng (more is still more).  What are YOU talking about?

tenor.gif

#31 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,531 posts

Posted August 08, 2018 - 10:55 PM

What?

Did you forget what MORE means?  I didn't bring up stretching anyone and the point was Noah's not worth it and neither is Deng...and Noah makes more than Deng (more is still more).  What are YOU talking about?

The difference in salary is completely and utterly insignificant in the grand scheme of things. That is what i'm talking about. 

The way you are reacting with your "bite your tongue" and "hard pass" suggest that you aren't aware of that.

#32 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 10, 2018 - 08:48 AM

The difference in salary is completely and utterly insignificant in the grand scheme of things. That is what i'm talking about.

The way you are reacting with your "bite your tongue" and "hard pass" suggest that you aren't aware of that.

And "punt"

#33 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 822 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted August 10, 2018 - 09:39 AM

DLN just shows up and starts beefing with all the heavy hitters on the forum.

i like it.

#34 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,994 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 10, 2018 - 06:39 PM

What's up with sudden name change? I liked your old username lol

#35 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,531 posts

Posted August 10, 2018 - 11:18 PM

I'll change it back soon.
  • Clutch Factor likes this

#36 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,366 posts

Posted August 11, 2018 - 10:38 AM

I'll change it back soon.

I vote you keep it. It’s almost as if we got another good poster to join up. If you dump the name I might just pick it up in tribute.

Bye for now

#37 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,240 posts

Posted August 11, 2018 - 06:50 PM

The difference in salary is completely and utterly insignificant in the grand scheme of things. That is what i'm talking about. 

The way you are reacting with your "bite your tongue" and "hard pass" suggest that you aren't aware of that.

It was actually a joke.  "Bite your tongue" isn't meant to be taken literal.  Hard Pass was just my personal objection.  Noah makes more than Deng, which is what I said.  Noah isn't worth what he makes either, which is what I said.

Please explain to me what I said to trigger you.  If you didn't understand the phrase "bite your tongue", I apologize.  If you took exception with "Hard Pass", I have the right to my opinion.  Everything else is just facts.

tenor.gif

#38 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 460 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kyle Kuzma

Posted August 14, 2018 - 01:35 PM

If he's going to have that type of attitude, we might as well just cut our losses, waive him, bite the [expletive]ing bullet, and let this be a lesson not to do stupid [expletive] again.

#39 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,531 posts

Posted August 14, 2018 - 10:25 PM

If he's going to have that type of attitude, we might as well just cut our losses, waive him, bite the [expletive]ing bullet, and let this be a lesson not to do stupid [expletive] again.

In my opinion, its fair that he isn't happy. Of course, he's making a lot of money and should do what is asked, but at the same time, if they aren't planning on using him at all i think the most fair thing to do would be to make a lateral move of sorts.

#40 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,240 posts

Posted August 16, 2018 - 11:06 AM

In my opinion, its fair that he isn't happy. Of course, he's making a lot of money and should do what is asked, but at the same time, if they aren't planning on using him at all i think the most fair thing to do would be to make a lateral move of sorts.

Players who aren't happy and want to play more than they want to get paid usually agree to a buy out.  I don't see him giving back enough money to make this realistic for the Lakers.  I could be wrong.

Going to BRK would help him...Lin for Deng/2 late FRPs works...LOL.

tenor.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users