877 replies to this topic

#861 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 27, 2019 - 12:22 PM

With Rajon, I think he lost trust or engaged with the team. In the beginning, he was super engaged and talking in the timeouts. The last game, i saw he was sitting a few chairs a ways while Luke was talking to the squad and Rajon was looking from a distance and did not look like he was interested. When he is engaged and locked in, he is the pg you want to have, but it is not the case anymore

There is no situation in the year 2019 where Rondo is the point guard you want. He is at his absolute best a place holder for a very important position. Bad at defense. Bad at shooting. Statistically one of the worst playing the position this season. Those are just stats. I know yall love the eye test, so he stinks at that as well.

#862 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,588 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 27, 2019 - 02:28 PM

* @B_Ingram13 in February (8 games): 21.1 points on 49.6% FG’s, 41.2% 3’s, 76.4% FT’s, 5.8 rebounds, 3.0 assists. Last 3 games: 29.3 points on 56.6% FG’s, 60% 3’s and 75.9% FT’s, 8.0 rebounds and 2.7 assists.

#863 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,525 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 27, 2019 - 02:30 PM

Rondo should be made into an assistant coach and Caruso should be given more PT

#864 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,831 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 27, 2019 - 02:50 PM

Ingram's biggest roadblock to success is his play style.  If he played more off the ball and less ISO, he could be an elite player right now.  On-Ball ISO players have very little room for error - either they are great scoring or they pull the team down when they are off.  Off Ball players help the team even when they aren't scoring.

Kobe was the last ISO player I felt comfortable handing the franchise over to and letting him create independent of the team.  Might not be fair but I'm not willing to accept that from any other player who doesn't measure up to Kobe.

Team First.

I honestly believe there's something to his advanced stats being so poor. It's one thing if they were slightly bad. But, those kinds of rankings really make me wonder. Again, I'm not saying that there are actually 400+ better players than him. But, I think it calls into question what kind of impact he actually has when any stats portray him that badly.

Ingram just doesn't seem to impact the team performance well regardless of what his box score stats look like. I've noticed that over the years. The Lakers seem to lose a lot of his best  box score games. There might be something to his play throwing off everyone else.

There are some guys who put up nice box score stats who never dramatically affect winning and losing. I wonder if he's one of those guys.

• bfc1125roy likes this

#865 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,817 posts

Posted February 27, 2019 - 02:50 PM

* @B_Ingram13 in February (8 games): 21.1 points on 49.6% FG’s, 41.2% 3’s, 76.4% FT’s, 5.8 rebounds, 3.0 assists. Last 3 games: 29.3 points on 56.6% FG’s, 60% 3’s and 75.9% FT’s, 8.0 rebounds and 2.7 assists.

Ingram has been playing good for a month and a half, he definitely isn't the problem, without him and LeBron we wouldn't even be in these games enough to [expletive] about how they turn out.

#866 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 27, 2019 - 03:33 PM

I honestly believe there's something to his advanced stats being so poor. It's one thing if they were slightly bad. But, those kinds of rankings really make me wonder. Again, I'm not saying that there are actually 400+ better players than him. But, I think it calls into question what kind of impact he actually has when any stats portray him that badly.

Ingram just doesn't seem to impact the team performance well regardless of what his box score stats look like. I've noticed that over the years. The Lakers seem to lose a lot of his best  box score games. There might be something to his play throwing off everyone else.

There are some guys who put up nice box score stats who never dramatically affect winning and losing. I wonder if he's one of those guys.

It's pretty obvious if you watch his playstyle. He disrupts the flow of the offense to try to ISO and score by either attacking the rim or pulling up for a contested midrange shot. He's almost like a black hole at times. He needs to learn how to play off ball and within an actual offense. Somewhere like San Antonio would do wonders for his development.

#867 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,817 posts

Posted February 27, 2019 - 04:24 PM

It's pretty obvious if you watch his playstyle. He disrupts the flow of the offense to try to ISO and score by either attacking the rim or pulling up for a contested midrange shot. He's almost like a black hole at times. He needs to learn how to play off ball and within an actual offense. Somewhere like San Antonio would do wonders for his development.

That is coaching. They need to figure out how to best use him. The guy can very very clearly be an effective player in the league and has been for big stretches of this season, especially the past 6 weeks.

#868 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,125 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 28, 2019 - 09:15 AM

If we make the Playoffs, I have a feeling BI is going to have a huge series.
  • K-Kris likes this

#869 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,499 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 28, 2019 - 01:59 PM

Who is Caruso?? lol Andre Ingram should have been brought up already he shoots defends well enough and isn't getting any younger! Oh and you still hold to not being high on BI this season? he's been really consistent lately!

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, February 28, 2019 - 02:02 PM.

#870 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,817 posts

Posted March 01, 2019 - 08:18 AM

If we make the Playoffs, I have a feeling BI is going to have a huge series.

He is gonna have to have a really strong offseason to get there in the first place, he has played well this season, not my favorite and I don't know how his fit is, but he is definitely an NBA player that can put up some solid offensive numbers and play good defense when he gets to actually defend his position (which isn't happening right now)

#871 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,588 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 01, 2019 - 07:21 PM

Post All-Star Break Stats

Brandon Ingram: 27.8 ppg/ 3.0 ast/ 7.3 rpg/ 54% 3pt/ 56% fg

Jayson Tatum: 13.5 ppg/ 0.8 ast/ 5.5 rpg/ 37% 3pt/ 45% fg

#872 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,167 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 01, 2019 - 08:55 PM

BRANDON MOTHER[expletive]ING INGRAM THE BOY IS HERE

#873 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,817 posts

Posted March 01, 2019 - 10:01 PM

Post All-Star Break Stats

Brandon Ingram: 27.8 ppg/ 3.0 ast/ 7.3 rpg/ 54% 3pt/ 56% fg

Jayson Tatum: 13.5 ppg/ 0.8 ast/ 5.5 rpg/ 37% 3pt/ 45% fg

Dude. You are obsessed. You should just ask Tatum out. But seriously. BI is killing it and Tatum has taken a step back. I still don’t think you find a GM in the league who would swap them, maybe another season like this and we can talk about it, credit where it’s due, BI has been spectacular and I would definitely have him in my future plans if I’m the Lakers.

#874 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,870 posts

Posted March 02, 2019 - 12:09 AM

lI still don’t think you find a GM in the league who would swap them, maybe another season like this and we can talk about it

Sorry, but the gap has NEVER been that big. Ingram has been outplaying Tatum for quite some time now.

Edited by Massacre, March 02, 2019 - 12:10 AM.

#875 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,604 posts

Posted March 02, 2019 - 01:06 AM

Jayson Tatum

Oct-Dec: 16.2 ppg 6.6 rpg 1.8 apg on 45.4 fg% 37.4 3p%

Jan-Mar: 16.4 ppg 5.7 rpg 1.9 apg on 46.2 fg% 34.7 3p%

Brandon Ingram

Oct-Dec: 16 ppg 4.2 rpg 2.3 apg on 47.4 fg% 31.4 3p%

Jan-Mar: 20.4 ppg 6 rpg 3.7 apg on 51.5 fg% 31.7 3p%

[expletive] Tatum.

fXlFKv8.gif

#876 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,870 posts

Posted March 02, 2019 - 09:55 AM

@T1m_NBA
Does the number one defense in the NBA send double teams at Jayson Tatum? Asking for a friend.

@getnickwright
Brandon Ingram is currently having a better game than Jayson Tatum ever has.

@ComplexSports
Brandon Ingram last five games:
31 points, 8 rebounds
23 points, 6 rebounds
32 points, 6 rebounds
29 points, 5 rebounds
27 points, 13 rebounds

@UniqueSportplus
Brandon Ingram Started the Year Scoring 15.5PPG on 44% FG%

Once Lebron Got Injured he started Scoring 20.0 PPG on 53% FG%

Since Lebron returned he is averaging 21.1 PPG on 51% FG

Since All star break he is averaging 26.0 PPG on 55.6% FG%

Lebron - “He’s Got Next”
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this

#877 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,817 posts

Posted March 02, 2019 - 11:09 AM

Sorry, but the gap has NEVER been that big. Ingram has been outplaying Tatum for quite some time now.

I don’t disagree. But perception is reality, and the perception is that Tatum is better. Ingram has had a much better season.

#878 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• 316 posts
  • Fan Since:84
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James aka King James

Posted March 02, 2019 - 01:01 PM

Tatum's public perception is better because he played Postseason last year.   Throughout this regular season, people are cooling off on him...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users