812 replies to this topic

#801 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,966 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 10, 2019 - 12:03 PM

GCMD hates giving credit...oh well

I expected that kinda response from GCMD...pretty typical of him.  Nobody is asking him to change his tune on BI overall but if you watched the game you'd see it was more than just Kyrie not hitting shots

I have given my reasons.  I have watched the game.  I have exposed the hyperbole.

You're entitled to your opinion...reminder how your stance has been on the wrong side of the argument...but whatev.  Think what you want.

24 points from Kyrie is locked down...

22 from Tatum vs 11 for Ingram...

Time codes for Kyrie vs Ingram

1:20

2:22

3:12

3:27

4:34

4:54

6:49

Ingram spent most of the game dying on picks or switching on other players.  If not, he got burnt.

Even when there is video evidence, you persist twisting and altering the truth to fit your belief.  Confirmational Bias, better known as eye of the beholder.

Kyrie scores 24 - he got shut down.

Tatum goes 9-14 and scores 22 - he got outplayed.

It is what it is, fam.  Ingram is 6-9 with a 7-2 wingspan guarding guys who are 3-6 inches shorter with at least 6" shorter wingspans.  He SHOULD be dominating defensively...though he's not.

Want to know what "lock down defense" looks like?

Before you cry about how good DET was as a team, ignore the help.  How many times Kobe got by Tayshaun 1-on-1?  And even when he does get past him (once due to a screen), Tayshaun quickly gets back into the play.  Tayshaun stayed with one of the best scorers EVER step for step, stride for stride.  That's lockdown defense.

Now is that what Ingram did to Kyrie?  Nope.

Edited by GCMD, February 10, 2019 - 12:07 PM.

• LACAS likes this

#802 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,966 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 10, 2019 - 12:23 PM

Off Topic:

Tayshaun breaks down how defending Kobe and LeBron was different.  What he said about LeBron is what I've been saying we need to do all season long.

Tayshaun said that when he guarded LeBron, he had to fight thru a LOT of Picks all game long.  That's what we should be doing.  Instead of standing and watching LeBron, we should be setting a million picks for him BEFORE he gets the ball, not just after.  If you can wear down the defense or hit a guy enough times that he doesn't fight over the screen in the 4th like he would in the 1st quarter, you set yourself up to win every time.

For those who love the SPORT, you should listen to this segment.  It's relevant to our current Lakers.

Edited by GCMD, February 10, 2019 - 12:24 PM.

#803 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,927 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 10, 2019 - 02:25 PM

Lmao Kyrie was easily getting past Ingram...wtf were you guys watching?
  • Jackson likes this

#804 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,629 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2019 - 04:11 PM

Could we change this thread title to: Why I’m not high on Brandon Ingram, TLDR he isn’t good, except he is better than Jason Tatum and here are some cherry picked stats and hypotheticals not bound by reality that back me up?

#805 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,525 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 10, 2019 - 04:24 PM

Points rebounds assists and fg% along with true shooting percentage is cherrypicked

#806 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,927 posts

Posted February 10, 2019 - 04:47 PM

Points rebounds assists and fg% along with true shooting percentage is cherrypicked

I seriously doubt that there is even one nba gm that would take Ingram over Tatum.

This is silly

#807 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,525 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 10, 2019 - 05:37 PM

Ok.

Tatum had 4 points vs Clippers. Kyrie went down and they blew a 25 point lead. Lol

#808 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,109 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2019 - 05:49 PM

Ok.

Tatum had 4 points vs Clippers. Kyrie went down and they blew a 25 point lead. Lol

Tatum scored 16 points.

#809 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,109 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2019 - 05:53 PM

Why has this become a Tatum vs. Ingram thread?

Tatum is superior offensively while Ingram is better defensively. Both have lots of room to grow, but Tatum has shown more promise particularly because of the 2018 Playoffs against LeBron.

There's no point in belittling Tatum. Let's wait to see how Ingram prefers in a Playoff environment.

#810 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 8,095 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 10, 2019 - 06:15 PM

Tatum and Ingram's game are quite different.

If you'd ask me who I'd rather have next to Lebron and who the league values more, I'd pick Tatum in an instant.  Versatile scorer, solid athlete, and great mindset/swagger in his game.

Ingram is still a project.  An extremely raw and inconsistent one at that.  I'd place Ingram ahead of Tatum in terms of defense, ball-handling, and passing ability.  However, Tatum's the better overall scorer, playmaker, athlete, and shooter.

#811 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,927 posts

Posted February 10, 2019 - 06:40 PM

Tatum and Ingram's game are quite different.
If you'd ask me who I'd rather have next to Lebron and who the league values more, I'd pick Tatum in an instant.  Versatile scorer, solid athlete, and great mindset/swagger in his game.

Ingram is still a project.  An extremely raw and inconsistent one at that.  I'd place Ingram ahead of Tatum in terms of defense, ball-handling, and passing ability.  However, Tatum's the better overall scorer, playmaker, athlete, and shooter.

I'd have to watch more of Tatum before I say Ingram is 100% the better defender. I think Ingram has more defensive potential but right now he isn't a great defender.

I disagree about ball handling. I'd give that to Tatum as well.

#812 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,629 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2019 - 10:26 PM

There isn’t a gm in the league that would in hindsight take Ingram over Tatum. Period. The Lakers would be a better team if you replaced Tatum with Ingram, obviously I can’t say that for sure but I would be willing to take my chances. Also, why is this the Ingram vs Tatum thread?

#813 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,721 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted February 10, 2019 - 10:29 PM

Ingram is a streaky player not a fan so far

ap1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users