642 replies to this topic

#621 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,136 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2019 - 09:44 AM

Never is a long time for a young guy. He definitely doesn’t look like the guy right now though. His game in general is pretty lacking in a lot of areas. Ball is a different story, I still think he does a lot well enough that the potential is there, but he looks WAY better next to an elite player like LeBron, who doesn’t.

I don't want to give up on Ingram...as this is part of his growth and development curve, and his career may well pan out in a few seasons. The question is if the Lakers (and LeBron) are willing to be similarly patient.

Edited by kray28, January 05, 2019 - 09:44 AM.

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#622 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,063 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 05, 2019 - 09:47 AM

The problem is in a few season players like AD will be in the Finals wearing Celtics Green while we will be watching Lebron on his farewell tour with Ingram stilll “developing”

#623 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,360 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2019 - 09:52 AM

I don't want to give up on Ingram...as this is part of his growth and development curve, and his career may well pan out in a few seasons. The question is if the Lakers (and LeBron) are willing to be similarly patient.

I’m assuming they are going to trade him for someone that can play now. Little known fact, every player in the NBA had potential at one point. Some realize it, some don’t. When you have LeBron you are always in win now mode, so that is what they should do.
  • GCMD and LACAS like this

#624 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,060 posts

Posted January 05, 2019 - 05:49 PM

This was actually a very good thread topic discussion that was created well before the season started.

Many of your concerns about Ingram have been on display this season. 

Edited by Clutch Factor, January 05, 2019 - 05:49 PM.

• GCMD likes this

#625 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 11,929 posts

Posted January 05, 2019 - 09:00 PM

Potentially worse than Wesley Johnson.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#626 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,660 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 05, 2019 - 10:43 PM

I remember a lot of people bashing bfc early in this thread.  I think he deserves an apology.  While I wanted to discuss what Ingram could do to get better, I didn't disagree with Ingram's deficiencies.

That's why people should stop bashing others for not "supporting" or "believing" in Lakers players just because they are Lakers players.  Being a fan doesn't mean suspending logical thinking or analysis.

Edited by GCMD, January 05, 2019 - 10:44 PM.

• bfc1125roy likes this

#627 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,660 posts

Posted January 05, 2019 - 11:01 PM

I can remember saying we should trade Ingram this past offseason while his trade value was high...I was worried his trade value would tank during the season...

I wish people would start listening...

• bfc1125roy likes this

#628 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 11,929 posts

Posted January 05, 2019 - 11:08 PM

^ You should rub it in; for bfc’s sake.
  • GCMD, Busty Bluth and bfc1125roy like this

#629 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 11,929 posts

Posted January 05, 2019 - 11:08 PM

Has anyone heard of bfc? Or did he permanently move to lakersground?
  • bfc1125roy likes this

#630 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,498 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 05, 2019 - 11:10 PM

I can remember saying we should trade Ingram this past offseason while his trade value was high...I was worried his trade value would tank during the season...

I wish people would start listening...

The thing is, no one wants Ingram and most NBA teams are not high on our young pieces like we are. We just have to accept that and stop saying trade this guy for this guy. Hope for a miracle and someone signs with us in FA.

Edited by Jackson, January 05, 2019 - 11:24 PM.

#631 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,360 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 06, 2019 - 06:34 AM

The thing is, no one wants Ingram and most NBA teams are not high on our young pieces like we are. We just have to accept that and stop saying trade this guy for this guy. Hope for a miracle and someone signs with us in FA.

Well according to a lot of people on here we could have traded Ingram and a pick for George or a couple guys for AD. so we can’t have it both ways, either people are high on them or they aren’t. I view them fhe same way I view 90 percent of young players, potential and moments of good play and bad, fine if you aren’t going for a championship.

#632 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,498 posts

Posted January 06, 2019 - 11:36 AM

Well according to a lot of people on here we could have traded Ingram and a pick for George or a couple guys for AD. so we can’t have it both ways, either people are high on them or they aren’t. I view them fhe same way I view 90 percent of young players, potential and moments of good play and bad, fine if you aren’t going for a championship.

See look. We don't know what the Lakers offered the Pacers for PG13 and what the Lakers offered the Spurs for Kawhi. But reports say that the Lakers were NOT willing to give up the whole lot for either player. If this is indeed confirmed true, then it's going to look extremely bad for the Lakers FO.

Right now as it stands, unless we somehow do some Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol type fleecing, no one can be attained this year via trade, simply because the Lakers are not going to offer the young guys for player that bring incremental success, and no team that has a superstar or all star wants what the Lakers have.

#633 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,660 posts

Posted January 06, 2019 - 01:55 PM

Wouldn't surprise me.  People who speak the loudest here are proven to be wrong quite often.

Not true.  Ingram still can be traded.  We just have to make sure we sell to a team that is on Ingram's timeline.  There are teams that will have more patience with Ingram while prioritizing the cap space to be had.

I think the Lakers should trade for a player that fits our team because we could improve that players trade value.  We will have a much harder time improving Ingram's trade value long-term unless Ingram changes how he plays long-term.

Ingram trained this offseason to be a feature player.  He should have trained to be a player who feeds off a feature player.  If we can sell another team on his potential, we can still trade him.

See look. We don't know what the Lakers offered the Pacers for PG13 and what the Lakers offered the Spurs for Kawhi. But reports say that the Lakers were NOT willing to give up the whole lot for either player. If this is indeed confirmed true, then it's going to look extremely bad for the Lakers FO.

Right now as it stands, unless we somehow do some Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol type fleecing, no one can be attained this year via trade, simply because the Lakers are not going to offer the young guys for player that bring incremental success, and no team that has a superstar or all star wants what the Lakers have.

Bradley Beal can be had.

Bradley Beal could increase his trade value next to Lonzo/LeBron/Kuzma.

Some claim it would take us out of Free Agency this summer...that's not true.  Beal would be a better trade chip than Ingram and there are a LOT of teams who would trade nothing for Beal this summer and we re-coup that cap space for a max player.

And the best reason to trade Ingram/KCP for Beal?  Gives us a GREAT chance to win games THIS year.  We should NEVER punt a year when we have LeBron.  Waiting until the offseason to make a move is punting.

• bfc1125roy likes this

#634 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,063 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 06, 2019 - 03:13 PM

Thing is Memphis was never “fleeced” People forget that Marc Gasol was the Center piece of that trade. But.... we cant let Ingram go because he will turn into KD... like all the Duke players that have come into the league
  • Jackson likes this

#635 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,498 posts

Posted January 06, 2019 - 03:16 PM

Ingram trained this offseason to be a feature player.  He should have trained to be a player who feeds off a feature player.  If we can sell another team on his potential, we can still trade him.

Bradley Beal can be had.

Bradley Beal could increase his trade value next to Lonzo/LeBron/Kuzma.

Some claim it would take us out of Free Agency this summer...that's not true.  Beal would be a better trade chip than Ingram and there are a LOT of teams who would trade nothing for Beal this summer and we re-coup that cap space for a max player.

And the best reason to trade Ingram/KCP for Beal?  Gives us a GREAT chance to win games THIS year.  We should NEVER punt a year when we have LeBron.  Waiting until the offseason to make a move is punting.

If it could happen, it would've happened by now. Trade deadline is about a month away now.

BTW I agree that we should never punt ANY season while LeBron is here.

#636 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,663 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted January 07, 2019 - 12:41 AM

I'm still here. Just been pretty busy lately. 

I also feel as though others have been making the same points I would with regards to how some of our young core has (or has not lol) been performing. Nothing new to see on that front. And nothing new for me to add from what I've previously said.

Fingers crossed LeBron gets healthy soon and we can start winning some games again. 

• GCMD likes this

#637 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,596 posts

Posted January 11, 2019 - 02:45 AM

SF’s playing starter minutes with a higher def rating than Brandon Ingram: Ingles, George, Giannis, Tatum, Winslow.

That’s it. Wanted to make the cut off 30 MPG, but Winslow is playing 28 and has been Miami’s starting PG, so wouldn’t make sense to exclude him. Giannis is technically the PF, but he does guard a ton of SF’s.

Like I’ve said before, I don’t like using stats without a combination of other elements to evaluate defense, but Ingram appears to be on his way to playing defense at an elite level.

Now if he’d just take some damn 3’s.

https://thepurpleand...elite-defender/

#638 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,663 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted January 11, 2019 - 11:01 AM

SF’s playing starter minutes with a higher def rating than Brandon Ingram: Ingles, George, Giannis, Tatum, Winslow.

That’s it. Wanted to make the cut off 30 MPG, but Winslow is playing 28 and has been Miami’s starting PG, so wouldn’t make sense to exclude him. Giannis is technically the PF, but he does guard a ton of SF’s.

Like I’ve said before, I don’t like using stats without a combination of other elements to evaluate defense, but Ingram appears to be on his way to playing defense at an elite level.

Now if he’d just take some damn 3’s.

Honestly, looking at this list holistically, I don't see any of those players other than George (maybe Ingles on a good day) locking down the best SFs in this league, or at least slowing them down. 

We know who the best defensive wings are. Leonard, Durant, George, Butler, Covington, Holiday, etc...

Ingram is getting better, but he's not there yet. Despite what any stats say. 

• GCMD likes this

#639 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,269 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 11, 2019 - 12:26 PM

Speaking of PG remember when some posters didn't want him to sign here? Not worth the max, defense overrated, streaky shooter etc. I don't mean the backlash after he re-signed in OKC I mean before that lol
  • GCMD, bfc1125roy and LACAS like this

#640 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,320 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 11, 2019 - 12:56 PM

Noknife and a few others, you dont sacrifice the team for one player, and doing it to possibly win now is risky at best! Instead we shouild be wise and patient and see what the free agent market brings. As there are a lot of great players availible and we have cap space too! Love to see Kawhi and Klay or KD but thats along ways off. The young core is getting better and soon Bron will return and Rondo so we can make a serious run "this " year too! And talking about firing ther coach is just frustration talking after a loss but with the last few wins its subsided, we like this coach for now and the future!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users