417 replies to this topic

#401 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,590 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 11, 2018 - 05:12 AM

You literally said trading Ingram for Markelle Fultz (who can’t shoot, defend, move, or score like Ingram, and frankly is barely an NBA player at this point) makes the Lakers a top 3 team. Please clarify what I misrepresented and took out of context. And please don’t post a UW highlight tape.

Thanks.

your english is so fluent and nice

are you a native english speaker? love it

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#402 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,432 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 11, 2018 - 07:37 AM

I'll start the list; please add to it:

- Jimmy Butler

- Kevin Durant

- Kawhi Leanord

- Bradley Beal

- Damian Lillard

- John Wall

- Kemba Walker

- Kris Middleton 

- Anthony Davis

- Giannis Antetokounmpo

- Klay Thompson

I can't think of anyone else. Lets add as many names to the list as we can. Then we can go down the list. I think this would be a more productive use of our efforts

maybe its our PG play, but the name that stood out to me on that list is Dame. I know KD is out there but if he's not a sure deal, I say we move quickly and not make the same mistakes again. Dame, imo, balances the roster and can do what Rhonzo can do in one package.

#403 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,647 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 11, 2018 - 07:47 AM

maybe its our PG play, but the name that stood out to me on that list is Dame. I know KD is out there but if he's not a sure deal, I say we move quickly and not make the same mistakes again. Dame, imo, balances the roster and can do what Rhonzo can do in one package.

Trading for Dame would be a horrible idea, imo. The asking price will start at BI and Lonzo and we wouldn't stand a chance against the Warriors this season and wont have any means to improve next season.

With Butler off the market i dont think there are any trades out there that make much sense. Beal could be a trade target, but only AFTER we've added a max guy in free agency.

#404 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,432 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 11, 2018 - 08:01 AM

Trading for Dame would be a horrible idea, imo. The asking price will start at BI and Lonzo and we wouldn't stand a chance against the Warriors this season and wont have any means to improve next season.

With Butler off the market i dont think there are any trades out there that make much sense. Beal could be a trade target, but only AFTER we've added a max guy in free agency.

I know. I was just thinking about the name that stood out to me on that list. I was thinking hypothetically in a FA scenario.

#405 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,763 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 11, 2018 - 09:00 AM

barely an NBA player at this point

Fultz and Ball have a nearly identical per 36 stat line lol

Edited by KidRN, November 11, 2018 - 09:03 AM.

#406 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,214 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted November 11, 2018 - 09:15 AM

Ball has been somewhat disappointing and this has nothing to do with scoring... when he wasn't scoring he was still passing the eyeball test but lately not so  much.

• Adam likes this

#407 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,374 posts

Posted November 11, 2018 - 05:04 PM

Fultz and Ball have a nearly identical per 36 stat line lol

Where are you trying to go with this? Nobody evaluates players based only off per 36 stat lines.

There is nothing on an NBA court that Fultz has proven to excel at. Lonzo has objectively been better to anyone with a set of eyes and there is no debate. The fact that someone on this board actually said LAL would be better balanced and a top 3 team with Fultz instead of Ingram is the most absurd and out of touch opinion I’ve seen on here.

Edited by Massacre, November 11, 2018 - 05:13 PM.

#408 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,763 posts

Posted November 11, 2018 - 05:14 PM

Where are you trying to go with this? Nobody evaluates players based off per 36 stat lines.

There is nothing on an NBA court that Fultz has proven to excel at. Lonzo has objectively been better to anyone with a set of eyes and there is no debate. The fact that someone on this board actually said LAL would be better balanced and a top 3 team with Fultz instead of Ingram is the most absurd and out of touch opinion I’ve seen on here.

Im saying outside of defense, Ball isn't much better. Guys pump up his stat line but a guy that you said is barely an nba player can put up similar numbers given the same minutes. Ball hasn't proven anything more than Fultz even though he's played far more games. Fultz has barely played but you think judging him harshly is fair. I guarantee that I've watched far more Ball games than you've watched of Fultz, but I need to be patient with my criticism of Ball...does that make any sense?

Also, I believe GCMD said Beal plus one of those guys.

Edited by KidRN, November 11, 2018 - 05:17 PM.

#409 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,354 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted November 11, 2018 - 06:06 PM

I’ll still take Fultz over Lonzo. Fultz doesn’t fit in with 76ers. Sixers is playing him all wrong

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, November 11, 2018 - 06:07 PM.

#410 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 4,061 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 11, 2018 - 06:19 PM

Im saying outside of defense, Ball isn't much better. Guys pump up his stat line but a guy that you said is barely an nba player can put up similar numbers given the same minutes. Ball hasn't proven anything more than Fultz even though he's played far more games. Fultz has barely played but you think judging him harshly is fair. I guarantee that I've watched far more Ball games than you've watched of Fultz, but I need to be patient with my criticism of Ball...does that make any sense?

Defense is literally half the game bro. GTFO

#411 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,763 posts

Posted November 11, 2018 - 11:35 PM

Defense is literally half the game bro. GTFO

Silly argument especially when talking about a point guard. I'm not even going to entertain this.

Edited by KidRN, November 11, 2018 - 11:35 PM.

#412 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 4,061 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 12, 2018 - 08:00 AM

Silly argument especially when talking about a point guard. I'm not even going to entertain this.

My dude, you just did. Your contribution is noted and appreciated, you have added a lot to the discussion.
  • lakerfan98 likes this

#413 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,763 posts

Posted November 12, 2018 - 01:23 PM

My dude, you just did. Your contribution is noted and appreciated, you have added a lot to the discussion.

Stating that you won't engage in an argument about a specific topic is not the same as arguing a position. This is getting silly.

#414 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,374 posts

Posted November 12, 2018 - 08:05 PM

Ball is a much better defender and while they’re both lacking offensively, one has shown a willingness to shoot (and do so more efficiently thus far) and also make plays for others. Lonzo has been relegated to a 3/D player as he plays alongside Rondo and LeBron, but let’s not confuse ability with opportunity. Fultz’ ability to probe and his ball-handling is about the only thing going right now. I’m hoping he can improve and he’s shown signs, but he’s not the player or prospect he was coming out of college. Far from it.

Nope.

#415 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,393 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 12, 2018 - 08:52 PM

You literally said trading Ingram for Markelle Fultz (who can’t shoot, defend, move, or score like Ingram, and frankly is barely an NBA player at this point) makes the Lakers a top 3 team. Please clarify what I misrepresented and took out of context. And please don’t post a UW highlight tape.

Thanks.

If you want to keep repeating the same thing knowing it's untrue, there's no reason for us to discuss anything.  I won't play these games anymore.  I'm very serious about being over petty arguments and debates.

My point was clear.  Ingram is a 3.  LeBron is a 3.  I have seen nothing from Ingram to suggest his future is at the 2 nor does he do anything on the court that isn't a duplication of what LeBron does much better.

We need a scoring 2.

I listed players who fit the TYPE of scoring 2 we need.

You misrepresented what I said.  If you don't like Markelle Fultz or you think he's not a good player, COOL.  Good for you!  That's not a reason to argue or debate.  He was an EXAMPLE, not a target.

Please, PLEASE put me on your ignore list if you can't understand why I don't want to argue silly things like "Fultz is trash".  It's not worth it.

• bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#416 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,763 posts

Posted November 13, 2018 - 03:29 AM

Ball is a much better defender and while they’re both lacking offensively, one has shown a willingness to shoot (and do so more efficiently thus far) and also make plays for others. Lonzo has been relegated to a 3/D player as he plays alongside Rondo and LeBron, but let’s not confuse ability with opportunity. Fultz’ ability to probe and his ball-handling is about the only thing going right now. I’m hoping he can improve and he’s shown signs, but he’s not the player or prospect he was coming out of college. Far from it.

Nope.

Fultz still has the same potential, I'm not sure why you think he doesn't. Ball didn't play with Rondo or Bron last year, and Fultz currently plays with Simmons as well. Fultz, imo, also isn't a bad defender.

As of right now, they are pretty much a toss up depending on the type of player you prefer. Both are struggling, both have shown flashes, and both have flaws in their games.

#417 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,374 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:29 PM

If you want to keep repeating the same thing knowing it's untrue, there's no reason for us to discuss anything. I won't play these games anymore. I'm very serious about being over petty arguments and debates.

My point was clear. Ingram is a 3. LeBron is a 3. I have seen nothing from Ingram to suggest his future is at the 2 nor does he do anything on the court that isn't a duplication of what LeBron does much better.

We need a scoring 2.

I listed players who fit the TYPE of scoring 2 we need.

You misrepresented what I said. If you don't like Markelle Fultz or you think he's not a good player, COOL. Good for you! That's not a reason to argue or debate. He was an EXAMPLE, not a target.

Please, PLEASE put me on your ignore list if you can't understand why I don't want to argue silly things like "Fultz is trash". It's not worth it.

Not really sure what you’re complaining about or trying to defend with this block of repetitive text. You specifically stated Markelle Fultz (and 5 others) for Ingram would make the Lakers a top 3 team. I called it the worst take I’ve ever read on this forum and there’s still been no defense or reasoning behind it.

Ball a toss-up with Fultz...Fultz for Ingram making LA top 3...would love to see this forum if Fultz was a Laker and the other 2 weren’t.

Edited by Massacre, Yesterday, 03:31 PM.

#418 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,950 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted Yesterday, 06:30 PM

I’ll still take Fultz over Lonzo. Fultz doesn’t fit in with 76ers. Sixers is playing him all wrong

I had Fultz as the slighly better propsect then Lonzo out of college...

However, with all things taken into consideration now, it's a no brainer Lonzo is better... I don't know what you've been watching.  If you're claiming that Fultz isn't being utilized properly, than one can make the exact same argument for Zo.

It's more than evident that Fultz has a case of the yips and to be quite frank, I don't know if he'll ever FULLY recover.

What's funny is alot of people whom aren't fans of Lonzo claim that he lacks killer instinct, confidence, and consistency in his jumper. Yet a guy like Fultz whom has the yips, hasn't taken a single 3PT attempt in his last 8 games played, and has only made 1 in his last 10 games is somehow a clear cut better player...

BLASPHEMY

Edited by LakeShow1o1, Yesterday, 06:33 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users