206 replies to this topic

#21 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 422 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie, Cooper, Ariza

Posted July 21, 2018 - 07:17 AM

Well it's an individual's choice whether to read it or not.

And if you disagree with his argument, present your own argument. The point of this forum is to have peaceful discussions (we all need to work on this part...) where each member can learn from each other's viewpoints and experiences.

But I wouldn’t know not to read it unless I read it. What is wrong with you people?
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#22 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 422 posts

Posted July 21, 2018 - 07:23 AM

Btw, i glanced the OP at first, then quickly read the responses. It seemed to me no one wanted to make the effort to actually read all that monologue. So I did because I was looking for insight.

And I found the argument absolutely dumb.

If you criticize me for my response, only do so if you read every stupid word and processed it. Do not be LAZY

Edited by EddieJones, July 21, 2018 - 08:49 AM.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#23 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,602 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted July 21, 2018 - 07:36 AM

Btw, i glanced the OP at first, then quickly read the responses. It seemed to me no one wanted to make the effort to actually read all that monologue. So I did because I was looking for insight.
And I found the argument absolutely dumb. If
you criticize me for my response, only do so if you read every stupid word and processed it. Do not be LAZY

I didnt read it because I was at work.

#24 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,121 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted July 21, 2018 - 08:25 AM

I may not agree with it but its his opinion and I respect it... 

The insults are juvenile.

• GCMD and Clutch Factor like this

#25 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 422 posts

Posted July 21, 2018 - 08:27 AM

I may not agree with it but its his opinion and I respect it...

The insults are juvenile.

What insults?
And did you read, or just want to add to drama?

Read it. All, of it. Get back to me.

Edit: I see the insult, I called him stupid. You are right. My apologies OP

Edited by EddieJones, July 21, 2018 - 08:35 AM.

• Busty Bluth and MambaMentality like this

#26 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 422 posts

Posted July 21, 2018 - 08:39 AM

(I still think the argument is bad)
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#27 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 795 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James :)

Posted July 21, 2018 - 08:56 AM

Huh? I only saw it was dumb while I read it. EVERY WORD. Sometimes twice. How was I supposed to know not to read it?

If you start a book and the first few chapters are terrible, do you power through to the end? I don't I just find another book.

If you start to watch a movie and it sucks, do you sit there and force yourself to watch it to the end?

If you take a bite of a hamburger and it tastes bad, do you just eat the whole thing so you can really say it was bad?

I just read through all the whole analysis also, and don't agree with a lot of it also. It's hard to compare player to player when each player had a different coach and philosophy as well as 4 different players around them at the time. So doing the BI 2nd year vs Gordon stat comparison does little to nothing for me.

But this is why we follow basketball and are fans. Everyone in entitled to their opinions, and post shaming, just like everyone type of shaming isn't tolerated well these days (hence the varied reactions).

Edited by Artest37, July 21, 2018 - 08:57 AM.

• Oasis Lover and EddieJones like this

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#28 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 422 posts

Posted July 21, 2018 - 09:02 AM

A lot of words and work for nothing, no?
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#29 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 822 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 21, 2018 - 09:35 AM

man, people need to get past the highlight reel dunks. ingram plays like a lite version of tmac. gets to the basket in clever ways, has weirdly long arms that make him versatile on defense, and a similar shooting form. basically everything but the explosive dunks, but who knows, that might come once he gets some more leg strength. i see lebron playing more of the vince carter role this year.

#30 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,953 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 21, 2018 - 10:03 AM

BI has been working hard this off season and those that doubt him will see a new man come season start!

#31 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,367 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted July 21, 2018 - 10:26 AM

I did read it but was waaay too long OP. I definitely got a reasons to get excited about blank thread from years past. Good call on that Tensai. I can appreciate the time it must take to put posts like these together but I honestly feel they are detrimental in the long run. My previous post will tell you why. Anyhow I will disagree about Ingram having a weak midrange. I thought he looked very good last year when he utilized it. I won’t be posting any stats to back it up. But I’m sure others saw what I did and feel the same. Time will tell on Brando. But remember my warning with peace and love, peace and love.

Bye for now

#32 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,953 posts

Posted July 21, 2018 - 10:32 AM

Silly to attempt to
Predict how anything will happen

#33 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,953 posts

Silly to attempt to
Predict how anything will happen

#34 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,953 posts

Didn’t see that comin’

#35 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,223 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 21, 2018 - 11:04 AM

LOL

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#36 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 27,889 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 21, 2018 - 12:09 PM

ATTENTION

OP put a ton of effort into this post. This is great content that we need more in this sub. I don't necessarily agree with it but its probably the most well thought out thread we have had in a while. If you are too insecure about yourself to argue it with evidence or counter points then move on. Posting insults because you are incapable of arguing a coherent point is unacceptable on this forum. I'm keeping this thread open in the hope it gains better discussion but I will close it if it continues and hand out warnings/suspensions. 

• GCMD, -Wade- and bfc1125roy like this

#37 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,377 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted July 21, 2018 - 01:48 PM

The original post does a good job illustrating my concerns that he's generally not that talented AND he's poor fit next to LeBron.

Big takeaways:

He need to stop being used in the pick-and-roll so much based on those numbers. He uses them a whopping 37% of the time and is only in the 24th percentile in efficiency in them.

His spot-up catch-and-shoot numbers are horrendous, being only in the 12th percentile in them.

He generally doesn't have a handle on any kind of offensive play. His post-up percentile is very high, but he uses them so little that I'm not sure it's something you can rely on.

Edited by Japago, July 21, 2018 - 01:52 PM.

• GCMD and bfc1125roy like this

#38 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,602 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted July 21, 2018 - 03:54 PM

man, people need to get past the highlight reel dunks. ingram plays like a lite version of tmac. gets to the basket in clever ways, has weirdly long arms that make him versatile on defense, and a similar shooting form. basically everything but the explosive dunks, but who knows, that might come once he gets some more leg strength. i see lebron playing more of the vince carter role this year.

Arguing against your own criticism? Nobody mentioned any highlight dunks bro.
  • bfc1125roy likes this

#39 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 822 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted July 21, 2018 - 05:28 PM

i mean, fine. i didn't mean to strawman. i've just seen many people compare ingram to a lite version of tmac, and i can see it.

Arguing against your own criticism? Nobody mentioned any highlight dunks bro.

#40 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 422 posts

Posted July 21, 2018 - 05:35 PM

ATTENTION

OP put a ton of effort into this post. This is great content that we need more in this sub. I don't necessarily agree with it but its probably the most well thought out thread we have had in a while. If you are too insecure about yourself to argue it with evidence or counter points then move on. Posting insults because you are incapable of arguing a coherent point is unacceptable on this forum. I'm keeping this thread open in the hope it gains better discussion but I will close it if it continues and hand out warnings/suspensions.

But it’s a horrible argument. Why do I need to put effort to say a post is absurd?

And why should we care that OP went to a lot of trouble to say nothing?
“argue it with evidence or counter “

Edited by EddieJones, July 21, 2018 - 05:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users