496 replies to this topic

#261 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,752 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 08, 2018 - 09:13 PM

BI is going to have a great year. His defense looks much improved and if he can approach or sustain his 3pt% from last year on a few more attempts, i think he's going to be a fringe all-star.

#262 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,820 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 09, 2018 - 12:28 PM

Seems like the kid has more confidence. In how he speaks and answers questions and the way he plays. he just has an overall killer/chill to himself now

or

that is his natural sleepy look. haha

#263 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 965 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted October 09, 2018 - 02:04 PM

Seems like the kid has more confidence. In how he speaks and answers questions and the way he plays. he just has an overall killer/chill to himself now

or

Switched from sativa to indica
  • lildvl10 likes this

#264 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,607 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted October 10, 2018 - 09:22 AM

Been thrilled with how Brandon’s been playing so far. Great energy, didn’t know he had it in him. Hope he keeps it up for the next 20 years.

Bye for now
  • MambaMentality and LACAS like this

#265 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,607 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted October 10, 2018 - 09:30 AM

or

Switched from sativa to indica

Maybe he cut out weed all together. Sativa is a joke. To me it’s no different than smoking cigarettes which also suck. Better off just cutting it out all together.

Bye for now
  • MambaMentality likes this

#266 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 965 posts

Posted October 10, 2018 - 08:40 PM

the secret to his success. the kid will be an all star this year.

Maybe he cut out weed all together. Sativa is a joke. To me it’s no different than smoking cigarettes which also suck. Better off just cutting it out all together.

Bye for now

#267 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,295 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 11, 2018 - 12:43 AM

Frame is the key. Year 5. Beast.....

#268 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 965 posts

Posted October 11, 2018 - 01:39 PM

honestly, if ingram can net us AD anytime between now and the deadline...deal him. love the kid but he's really just playing to increase his trade value, whether or not he realizes it.

• GCMD likes this

#269 LakerBaller24

LakerBaller24

Rookie

• 89 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 16, 2018 - 03:20 PM

To start a franchise Ingram and Lonzo or Jamal Murray and Gary Harris. Thats tough but Ingram and lonzo didnt even reach their peek while the others has imo. 

#270 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,448 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 16, 2018 - 03:31 PM

I honestly don't believe this at all.  I also believe these things to be fluid.  Like the free agency talk.  If Brandon Ingram looks like an all star this year with Lebron, all of the free agency talk is going to die.  I've been saying for 3-4 years, the next star of the Lakers will emerge from the team.  This was also before any of us thought Bron was a possibly but the point still stands.  Everyone is looking to get another star when that player may already be on the team.  

All this noise about Lebron being interested in playing with Lillard is just noise.  Likely front the other camps lol.  AD might be the only exception but if LA wasn't going to deal for Kawhi or Paul George they aren't going to deal for an offense only player like Lillard in the last quarter of Lebron's career.  

honestly, if ingram can net us AD anytime between now and the deadline...deal him. love the kid but he's really just playing to increase his trade value, whether or not he realizes it.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#271 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,568 posts

Posted October 16, 2018 - 07:21 PM

I honestly don't believe this at all.  I also believe these things to be fluid.  Like the free agency talk.  If Brandon Ingram looks like an all star this year with Lebron, all of the free agency talk is going to die.  I've been saying for 3-4 years, the next star of the Lakers will emerge from the team.  This was also before any of us thought Bron was a possibly but the point still stands.  Everyone is looking to get another star when that player may already be on the team.  

All this noise about Lebron being interested in playing with Lillard is just noise.  Likely front the other camps lol.  AD might be the only exception but if LA wasn't going to deal for Kawhi or Paul George they aren't going to deal for an offense only player like Lillard in the last quarter of Lebron's career.  

So if we have a chance to trade Ingram for a top 10 player this year, you think the Lakers turn that down?  I don't.

• bfc1125roy and LakerBaller24 like this

#272 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 965 posts

Posted October 16, 2018 - 08:34 PM

i hope you're right about ingram. but i like AD a lot more.

and miggs.

#273 LakerBaller24

LakerBaller24

Rookie

• 89 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 17, 2018 - 09:28 AM

So if we have a chance to trade Ingram for a top 10 player this year, you think the Lakers turn that down?  I don't.

Yeah i wouldn't turn that down either haha sadly

• GCMD likes this

#274 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,448 posts

Posted October 17, 2018 - 10:41 AM

Depends.  First off no 1 player is netting a top 10 player in the NBA (is Dame actually a secure top 10, not sure we can say that).  So before we get too deep into the woods no team is trading their top 10 player for Brandon Ingram straight up.  

Secondly, if Brandon Ingram plays at near an all star level outside of a top 10 player in the early years of their prime (AD, Giannis) they aren't trading him for.  

I think its very possible they use Ingram as a key piece in a deal for AD.  What they need to add will be determined by how good Ingram is this season.

I do not think Lillard fits this mold of the player they want to trade their young players potential and versatility for.  A great offensive player whose bad defense is a real thing.  The things that Dame brings to the table as a individual player the Lakers have covered.  They also want a star that can outlast the Lebron era.  I love his game but he's not the guy they are going to trade a combo of Ingram/Kuz and/or Ball for nor should they.  Stars matter but so does depth, defense and versatility.  

Lebron+Dame is an older less capable version of 2016 Bron/Kyrie.  That's not a foundation that wins today and definitely doesnt sustain the Lakers in 3-4 years.  BI (21), Zo (21), Kuz (23) are sustainable AND/OR tradeable in 3 years.  

• Massacre likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#275 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,448 posts

Posted October 17, 2018 - 10:43 AM

Lebron

Steph

KD

Kawhi

Giannis

AD

Harden

Russ

Embiid

CP3

This is probably the undisputed top 10.  11-15 can be debated to the point it's more about preference than anything.  2 years ago Blake Griffin was a top 10 player easy.  

PG13

Dame

Jimmy

Ben Simmons

Kyrie 

Blake

Dipo? 

Wall (im not high on him but some believe so)

Edited by Jody Smokes, October 17, 2018 - 10:46 AM.

#276 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 965 posts

Posted October 17, 2018 - 11:06 AM

I’d switch out CP3 and Embiid for PG13 and Kyrie in your top 10, but your point is taken. I think they start the Ingram for AD rumor mill as early as the all star break, especially if Ingram is playing well. Throw in Kuzma and a [expletive]load of picks, maybe in a 3way deal.

I really hope we get AD. Titles for a decade.

#277 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,462 posts

Posted October 17, 2018 - 11:22 AM

Lebron
Steph
KD
Kawhi
Giannis
AD
Harden
Russ
Embiid
CP3

This is probably the undisputed top 10. 11-15 can be debated to the point it's more about preference than anything. 2 years ago Blake Griffin was a top 10 player easy.

PG13
Dame
Jimmy
Ben Simmons
Kyrie
Blake
Dipo?
Wall (im not high on him but some believe so)

9-12 is very fluid, but I’m still taking Jimmy Buckets and PG over Embiid until he cuts down the turnovers and hits 3’s at a better rate. He should surpass them by the end of this season, there’s too many things he excels at.

#278 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,448 posts

Posted October 17, 2018 - 05:27 PM

Another thing about trading for the next star that's not talked about is loss opportunity.  Trading for Dame requires assets that would be more than required if trading for AD.  

If LA believes they have a shot at AD there isn't a chance in hell they make a trade for Dame.  It's nearly impossible to do both and have a roster with the required depth to compete long term.  

If AD were available today I dont even think LA has the assets to Create the BEST offer and have the team to compete vs the top 2 teams after the fact.  If AD were made available today the best LA could do w/o killing the roster structure and changing the type of team they want would be: Ingram, Wagner, KCP, 2019 1st and some future considerations.  

It's often ignored but Lonzo is the key to this fast paced unselfish pass happy offense they want to play.  AD/Kuz/Bron/Ball would hold them for the present as a great team as well as the future when Bron moves on.  Trading for Dame does give this team the depth or versatility to win in the present.  

Dame while a great scorer does not provide the level of offensive production that can't be filled by what we have.  On the flip side Dame cannot provide the versatility and defensive chops needed for this team. 

#279 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,568 posts

Posted October 20, 2018 - 08:29 PM

Depends.  First off no 1 player is netting a top 10 player in the NBA (is Dame actually a secure top 10, not sure we can say that).  So before we get too deep into the woods no team is trading their top 10 player for Brandon Ingram straight up.  

Secondly, if Brandon Ingram plays at near an all star level outside of a top 10 player in the early years of their prime (AD, Giannis) they aren't trading him for.  

I think its very possible they use Ingram as a key piece in a deal for AD.  What they need to add will be determined by how good Ingram is this season.

I do not think Lillard fits this mold of the player they want to trade their young players potential and versatility for.  A great offensive player whose bad defense is a real thing.  The things that Dame brings to the table as a individual player the Lakers have covered.  They also want a star that can outlast the Lebron era.  I love his game but he's not the guy they are going to trade a combo of Ingram/Kuz and/or Ball for nor should they.  Stars matter but so does depth, defense and versatility.  

Lebron+Dame is an older less capable version of 2016 Bron/Kyrie.  That's not a foundation that wins today and definitely doesnt sustain the Lakers in 3-4 years.  BI (21), Zo (21), Kuz (23) are sustainable AND/OR tradeable in 3 years.  

I don't know how you get from "trading Ingram for AD" to all of this.  It's not that complicated.  AD is that dude.

• bfc1125roy likes this

#280 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,568 posts

Posted October 20, 2018 - 08:31 PM

Make sure you watch this:

Ingram is getting pushed around on the offensive and defensive end...especially the defensive end.  I was worried about his lack of bulk.  I hoped I was wrong...I'm not.

• bfc1125roy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users