190 replies to this topic

#181 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 797 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 12, 2018 - 12:20 AM

top 10 player in the nba at any given point during his career? sure, i'd say in 5 years. a lot depends on the next years of draft classes at the wing.

Another discussion:

Will Brandon Ingram ever (at any point in his career) be a top 10 player?  I seriously doubt it.

#182 DLN

DLN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,494 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted August 12, 2018 - 02:12 AM

Another discussion:

Will Brandon Ingram ever (at any point in his career) be a top 10 player?  I seriously doubt it.

Generally it isn't wise to make these kinds of predictions this early when we're talking about a guy that's only 20 years old and it's a pretty tall order, but he doesn't have flaws in his game that clearly will prevent him from reaching that level and if he keeps improving all around then he has a pretty good chance of at least being an all-star. His combination of tools and skills at that age is pretty damn unique.

He's improved a hell of a lot from his rookie (19yr) to sophomore (20 yrs) season and if he can make a similar jump from 2nd to 3rd season i'd say he would be a lock as an all-star. If he stagnates early on i think they move him.

#183 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,178 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 12, 2018 - 11:41 AM

top 10 player in the nba at any given point during his career? sure, i'd say in 5 years. a lot depends on the next years of draft classes at the wing.

Wing?  The top 10 players won't just be wings...

Generally it isn't wise to make these kinds of predictions this early when we're talking about a guy that's only 20 years old and it's a pretty tall order, but he doesn't have flaws in his game that clearly will prevent him from reaching that level and if he keeps improving all around then he has a pretty good chance of at least being an all-star. His combination of tools and skills at that age is pretty damn unique.

He's improved a hell of a lot from his rookie (19yr) to sophomore (20 yrs) season and if he can make a similar jump from 2nd to 3rd season i'd say he would be a lock as an all-star. If he stagnates early on i think they move him.

Unwise?  Just a discussion.  I can make a case for Tatum, Simmons, Mitchell, Booker, Embiid, and about 6 other young guys being better unless Ingram makes MAJOR strides this year.  It's not like Ingram was a borderline AllStar.  Kuzma put up similar numbers as a rookie and is generally considered to have the most scoring potential of all of our young players.

Could a LOT change?  Yes...but we aren't talking about him getting better.  To be a top 10 player EVER, he'd have to become ELITE at SOMETHING...that something is yet to be determined.

tenor.gif

#184 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 797 posts

Posted August 12, 2018 - 05:23 PM

BI got some serious rotation on his shot now. also working hard on his off hand dribbling and finishing. 20 ppg+ easy, take it to the bank:

Edited by MambaMentality, August 12, 2018 - 05:25 PM.

• BigBaller likes this

#185 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 797 posts

Posted August 12, 2018 - 05:34 PM

BI, zu, rondo, wear, kuzma hooping:

#186 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,221 posts

Posted August 12, 2018 - 05:42 PM

Yawn

#187 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,969 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 12, 2018 - 06:09 PM

Yawn

Based off of the title and cover image, I thought Ingram came out with his own rap song lol

#188 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,178 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 12, 2018 - 06:09 PM

Yawn

What did I say Ingram needs to change/add?

The one thing I didn't agree with is how he took things that Ingram was good at in a very small sample and presented it as if it was a huge part of his game.  If Ingram adds everything in this video, there's a good chance he becomes an AllStar as a reserve within the next 2 years.  If he does not and he continues to work on creating his own shot, he won't be a Laker in March 2019...too much ISO for anyone outside of LeBron isn't going to help the Lakers.

Edited by GCMD, August 12, 2018 - 06:10 PM.

tenor.gif

#189 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 442 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kyle Kuzma

Posted August 14, 2018 - 01:19 PM

Ingram has done a good job of bulking up and taking care of his body. Great high post/mid-post/low-post moves, improved defensively, great dribbling, can score inside... I don't get how his jump shot is that mediocore.

#190 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 797 posts

Posted August 15, 2018 - 08:54 AM

i'm sure he'll get better at balance and setting his feet before taking jumpers. it's not a bad shot, anyway. seems to have more arc and rotation now.

Ingram has done a good job of bulking up and taking care of his body. Great high post/mid-post/low-post moves, improved defensively, great dribbling, can score inside... I don't get how his jump shot is that mediocore.

#191 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 442 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kyle Kuzma

Posted August 16, 2018 - 12:43 PM

i'm sure he'll get better at balance and setting his feet before taking jumpers. it's not a bad shot, anyway. seems to have more arc and rotation now.

F it, if he can be that good defensively, bully his way inside the paint, get himself to the free throw line and dunk on everyone, he is still a great asset even his jump shot continues to need work.

He's putting the work in!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users