64 replies to this topic

#41 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,647 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 28, 2018 - 03:06 AM

I always liked SuperCoolBeas and i think he might be one of the most talented players ever to come into the nba. Much like Lamar Odom and Derrick Coleman he's a bit of a head case and for that reason never reached his potential, but i hope he might be able to find a niche with this Lakers team.

#42 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,393 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 28, 2018 - 06:10 AM

I always liked SuperCoolBeas and i think he might be one of the most talented players ever to come into the nba. Much like Lamar Odom and Derrick Coleman he's a bit of a head case and for that reason never reached his potential, but i hope he might be able to find a niche with this Lakers team.

If you took Luke Walton's brain and put it in Lamar Odom's body, you'd have the perfect basketball player.  I wanted LO to snap out of it so bad for so long but it never happened.  It's rare that it does.

What normally happens is a super-talented player finds a way to be productive next to an elite player.  I can't think of a single instance where someone figures it out and gets anywhere close to their potential this late in their career.  I hope Beasley becomes the first but I'm not holding my breath.

Luke seems like the type of coach who can help him find his niche...that would be good for us.

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#43 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,194 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 29, 2018 - 06:04 AM

Funny how alot of things that were said shouldn't happen by these so-called Big Dogs on this site are actually happening now

#44 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted July 29, 2018 - 11:30 AM

Funny how alot of things that were said shouldn't happen by these so-called Big Dogs on this site are actually happening now

I think i know what you're saying...as in team needed vets to make it competitive.

And i agree with that along with not sacrificing all the youth and trying to empty the cupboard right away.

Whats yet to be seen is whether in crucial stretches of the season (and hopefully a bit of a playoff run) if it'll be kids getting minutes or mores guys like Rondo, Lance and Bease.

In any case, these are much better problems to have then the ones we've had for 2-4 years now 

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#45 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,393 posts

Posted July 29, 2018 - 09:24 PM

If you've been keeping count, most of the players these same people fell in love with aren't even on the team any more.  Trying to build our team like GSW is silly because there's been exactly 1 team to build their team into a Dynasty like that over the past 30 years...and the Lakers was not that team.

We have a proven formula that we shouldn't have used this summer.  Remains to be seen if we use it before February.  Lots of Win Now signings this summer...might as well finish what we've started.

tenor.gif

#46 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,647 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 30, 2018 - 12:07 AM

If you took Luke Walton's brain and put it in Lamar Odom's body, you'd have the perfect basketball player.  I wanted LO to snap out of it so bad for so long but it never happened.  It's rare that it does.

What normally happens is a super-talented player finds a way to be productive next to an elite player.  I can't think of a single instance where someone figures it out and gets anywhere close to their potential this late in their career.  I hope Beasley becomes the first but I'm not holding my breath.

Luke seems like the type of coach who can help him find his niche...that would be good for us.

Beasley wont ever reach the potential he had when he was drafted, but i think the elements are there for him to do well - a superstar leader, a good vibe in the locker room and around the team, a team full of playmakers who can feed him the ball and a coach whose greatest strength is handling and managing personnel.

• GCMD likes this

#47 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,393 posts

Posted July 30, 2018 - 01:15 AM

Beasley wont ever reach the potential he had when he was drafted, but i think the elements are there for him to do well - a superstar leader, a good vibe in the locker room and around the team, a team full of playmakers who can feed him the ball and a coach whose greatest strength is handling and managing personnel.

By niche, I meant role.  I don't think he's going to be a star but whatever he does well, Luke is the type of guy that can find a way to work it in to the offense.

I think we added a lot of guys who can frustrate GSW defensively like the Rockets did in the Playoffs.

I think LeBron, Rondo and Lonzo can set the tone on offense, pushing the ball as fast as possible and getting easy baskets as much as possible.  Beasley could fit in either scheme if everything goes as planned.

tenor.gif

#48 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts

Posted July 30, 2018 - 03:39 AM

Not to be a debbie downer...

But i can see more than a few in season dust ups between Rondo and Beasely relating to professionalism i.e. laying off weed and bringing the team down.

Just saying its out there and Rondo the one to call him on it.

McGhee strikes me as a guy that enjoys his herb too.

Both those guys seem to be important cogs next year and i hope everyone gels.

But anything before january is a bonus imo

If we're 18-12 or so by around then that wouldn't be so bad

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#49 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,150 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 30, 2018 - 06:37 AM

With all teams there’s an adjustment period but that goes to professionalism of each individual With a good mix of vets it will be good overall, I have faith in Luke and staff to just keep order.

#50 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,150 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 30, 2018 - 06:38 AM

With all teams there’s an adjustment period but that goes to professionalism of each individual With a good mix of vets it will be good overall, I have faith in Luke and staff to just keep order.

#51 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,393 posts

Posted July 30, 2018 - 07:07 PM

But i can see more than a few in season dust ups between Rondo and Beasely relating to professionalism i.e. laying off weed and bringing the team down.

Just saying its out there and Rondo the one to call him on it.

McGhee strikes me as a guy that enjoys his herb too.

Both those guys seem to be important cogs next year and i hope everyone gels.

I think we will be better than that.

The players we signed are naturally gritty.  All Luke has to do is emphasize DEFENSE and that tough guy mentality across the board and let LeBron/Rondo/Lonzo push the tempo to get easy buckets...at least that's what I hope.

I'll go on record and say we will be 22-8 through our first 30.  If Ingram or Ball are injured during that stretch, I agree 18-12 will be ok.

• bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

#52 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,167 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 30, 2018 - 08:09 PM

22 and 8?

I wouldnt be surprised if it was 14-16

#53 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,393 posts

Posted July 30, 2018 - 09:49 PM

22 and 8?

Really?  Maybe we should have gotten LeBron more help if thats the best Ingram can contribute.  LeBron by himself will get us to 15 and 15.

tenor.gif

#54 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts

Posted July 31, 2018 - 03:37 AM

I think we will be better than that.

I'll go on record and say we will be 22-8 through our first 30.  If Ingram or Ball are injured during that stretch, I agree 18-12 will be ok.

22 and 8?

Really?  Maybe we should have gotten LeBron more help if thats the best Ingram can contribute.  LeBron by himself will get us to 15 and 15.

I'm more inclined to agree w BBQ on this.

I think all are 'possible'

But of either 22-8 or 14-16, probability of 14-16 seems more likely.

Part of that may be me not wanting to be disappointed with high unreasonable expectations.

And ironically, a few of our guys hurt again in preseason (Lonzo for one if it comes to pass) may actually work to our favor in any fast start as that would eliminate one more thing for Walton to figure out which i still think he's not very good at, namely minute distribution

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#55 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,167 posts

Posted July 31, 2018 - 08:05 AM

Really? Maybe we should have gotten LeBron more help if thats the best Ingram can contribute. LeBron by himself will get us to 15 and 15.

Cavs had K Love on weak east and started unser .500. Bron teams have started slow for a while now
  • GCMD likes this

#56 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,167 posts

Posted July 31, 2018 - 08:16 AM

Lebron exhausted himself.in the playoffs and beat some weak teams. Competed with GS for 1 game and they didnt play hard that game. Don't forget the ups and downs of Bron all season bc he beat Boson without stars ...indy has 1 star less than the Cavs

#57 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,393 posts

Posted July 31, 2018 - 06:53 PM

I'm more inclined to agree w BBQ on this.

I think all are 'possible'

But of either 22-8 or 14-16, probability of 14-16 seems more likely.

Part of that may be me not wanting to be disappointed with high unreasonable expectations.

And ironically, a few of our guys hurt again in preseason (Lonzo for one if it comes to pass) may actually work to our favor in any fast start as that would eliminate one more thing for Walton to figure out which i still think he's not very good at, namely minute distribution

Check our pace.  We could score on and with anyone.  We were missing a closer last year and I think we have the best in the NBA right now.

Cavs had K Love on weak east and started unser .500. Bron teams have started slow for a while now

2014-2018

18-12

21-9

23-7

22-8

Those were the records the Cavs posted the past 4 seasons through 30 games.

The Last time they were under .500 (2014-2018)

6-7

0-1

0-0

6-7

The pace of those teams -

25th

28th

15th

12th

We were either 2nd or 3rd last year in pace.  With LeBron closing, if we keep up that pace, ZERO chance we start at or under .500.

Please explain what you're talking about...

tenor.gif

#58 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,393 posts

Posted July 31, 2018 - 06:56 PM

Lebron exhausted himself.in the playoffs and beat some weak teams. Competed with GS for 1 game and they didnt play hard that game. Don't forget the ups and downs of Bron all season bc he beat Boson without stars ...indy has 1 star less than the Cavs

You're making a case for the Lakers needing to get LeBron real help right now.  He overcame those odds last year.  We shouldn't expect him to continue to be able to do so as he gets older.

Edited by GCMD, July 31, 2018 - 06:56 PM.

tenor.gif

#59 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,977 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted August 20, 2018 - 01:58 PM

DlEp3ukUUAAKa-o.jpg

Those fingernails though. :glasses:

• GCMD likes this

0iNkSmB.jpg

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#60 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,374 posts

Posted September 08, 2018 - 07:23 PM

@T1m_NBA
Michael Beasley was a sneaky good signing for LA.

His @The_BBall_Index grades:

Perimeter Shooting: B
Off Ball Movement: A
One on One: A
Finishing: A-
Roll Gravity: A
Playmaking: B
Post Play: A
O Rebounding: A-
Perimeter D: C
Interior D: B-
D Rebounding: B+

Edited by Massacre, September 08, 2018 - 07:23 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users