#41 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 855 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 28, 2018 - 09:51 PM

not to nitpick here, but this sounds more like a "bye" than a "bye for now"

No you don’t get what I am saying but what the hell else is new. It is TBD what Josh Hart is as a player in the NBA. I really can’t judge players careers off one season like some wanted to with Jordan Clarkson or perhaps Julius Randle. Last season as a rookie, Josh showed promise as a solid role player. In this his 2nd year he may surprise(not me) by proving to be MORE THAN a role player and a key contributor in our future. Improvement over his rookie year might actually surprise some. I thought I made myself crystal clear. Maybe I’m not providing enough stats or videos to prove my points, I was never here for that. I won’t be looking to converse any further if all anyone wants to do is nit pick my posts and argue. Why waste the time? To those reading this if you are unable to remove condescending tones in replies I have nothing left to say. Heed this warning and please don’t waste time starting with me. I say this with peace and love. I don’t need the aggravation. I will not be responding further. I. am. done.

Bye for now

#42 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,192 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 29, 2018 - 06:02 AM

Rondo

#43 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,284 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 29, 2018 - 10:43 PM

No you don’t get what I am saying but what the hell else is new. It is TBD what Josh Hart is as a player in the NBA. I really can’t judge players careers off one season like some wanted to with Jordan Clarkson or perhaps Julius Randle. Last season as a rookie, Josh showed promise as a solid role player. In this his 2nd year he may surprise(not me) by proving to be MORE THAN a role player and a key contributor in our future. Improvement over his rookie year might actually surprise some. I thought I made myself crystal clear. Maybe I’m not providing enough stats or videos to prove my points, I was never here for that. I won’t be looking to converse any further if all anyone wants to do is nit pick my posts and argue. Why waste the time? To those reading this if you are unable to remove condescending tones in replies I have nothing left to say. Heed this warning and please don’t waste time starting with me. I say this with peace and love. I don’t need the aggravation. I will not be responding further. I. am. done.

Bye for now

There was no need for this tone.  I meant no offense.  Just making conversation.  If you just want everyone to agree with everything you say, a messageboard isn't the place for you, my friend.

If Josh Hart shows star potential, that will shock everyone.

You described Josh as a Fringe Starter and a very good player off the bench...that would shock no one.

Title of the thread?  Which Laker will Surprise the Most?

I wanted clarification on your meaning based on the subject of this thread.  I didn't misunderstand what you wrote.  It was clear...it just didn't make sense (to me) within the context.

• MambaMentality likes this

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#44 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,486 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted August 01, 2018 - 09:49 PM

I never said I was leaving....let’s be clear...once again...I am done arguing with people on here. They can troll forever and look for my response. It won’t be coming...ever...Haha. When I post something it’s what I mean/feel. I can’t help make people understand and don’t care to. I’m not here trying to beat a dead horse and break down in detail why I feel how I do. I’m not looking to waste time convincing anyone. If you can’t understand my posts it might be easier to put me on ignore and be done with it. Let’s end it for good.

Anyway...back on topic. It’s barely August, let’s see how this thread looks in 2019. It should be good for a laugh by then.

Bye for now

#45 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,544 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 01, 2018 - 10:53 PM

I never said I was leaving....let’s be clear...once again...I am done arguing with people on here. They can troll forever and look for my response. It won’t be coming...ever...Haha. When I post something it’s what I mean/feel. I can’t help make people understand and don’t care to. I’m not here trying to beat a dead horse and break down in detail why I feel how I do. I’m not looking to waste time convincing anyone. If you can’t understand my posts it might be easier to put me on ignore and be done with it. Let’s end it for good.

Anyway...back on topic. It’s barely August, let’s see how this thread looks in 2019. It should be good for a laugh by then.

Bye for now

i got your back bro

• Busty Bluth and MambaMentality like this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#46 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,284 posts

Posted August 04, 2018 - 05:05 PM

Bye for now

Sounds like you want everyone to agree with you all of the time.  Good luck with that.

tenor.gif

#47 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,812 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 04, 2018 - 07:31 PM

I didnt get that at all from what he said

Edited by BasketballIQ, August 04, 2018 - 07:31 PM.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#48 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,486 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted August 05, 2018 - 10:27 AM

Bye for now

i got your back bro

😉You didn’t even have to say it, I know you do my German brother.

Bye for now

#49 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,284 posts

Posted August 05, 2018 - 04:08 PM

I didnt get that at all from what he said

Good for you.

tenor.gif

#50 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,812 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 07, 2018 - 02:42 PM

Ithink the Center position will surprise people.
McGee wilo be solid. Zubac will be at his best. And Mo Wagner is a legit NBA player

#51 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,998 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted August 08, 2018 - 08:39 AM

BBIQ I think Zu is at a crossroads either he gets good enough or has to go, Mo is legit and will surpass him early in the season, another note Svi is a brilliant pick at 47 yes boys and girls 47 best not just shooter in the draft and dropped cause of arm length gimme a break a true steal Knicks can have Mitchell R.he’s still a project we need court ready players and the scouting department hasn’t failed kudos to you groups of rarely recognized hard workers!

#52 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,015 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 08, 2018 - 08:45 AM

Indeed. Contract year for Zu technically. If he plays well he could earn himself some money as a backup somewhere otherwise he'll just end up bouncing around the league.

#53 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,284 posts

Posted August 08, 2018 - 07:57 PM

Indeed. Contract year for Zu technically. If he plays well he could earn himself some money as a backup somewhere otherwise he'll just end up bouncing around the league.

I had high hopes for Zu coming into last year...I have none this year.  It will shock me if he's still on the roster in February...and I'm serious.  I'm almost Ban-Bet sure Zu gets waived if we need a roster spot unless someone else just SUCKS.

• lakerfan98 likes this

tenor.gif

#54 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 475 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted August 14, 2018 - 01:14 PM

Surprise as in nobody is expecting anything from him and he ends up delivering: Rondo.

Josh Hart and Kuzma are both going to have good years.

If Ingram has another lackluster year, I don't see him staying too long.

As far as Lonzo......... Hip-Hop / Lavar Ball / Big Baller Brand. Everything else except taking care of his body and working on his fundamentals. Oh, and more camera pan to sad looks on his face.

Don't mistaken Magic Johnson's jovial nature for being soft and overly forgiving. Dude made $500M after he retired from basketball. He was way overqualified to become President of Basketball Operations, he is probably the wealthiest President of Basketball Operations in the league. There's eventually going to come a point where enough is enough.

#55 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,284 posts

Posted August 14, 2018 - 06:46 PM

Surprise as in nobody is expecting anything from him and he ends up delivering: Rondo.

Josh Hart and Kuzma are both going to have good years.

If Ingram has another lackluster year, I don't see him staying too long.

As far as Lonzo......... Hip-Hop / Lavar Ball / Big Baller Brand. Everything else except taking care of his body and working on his fundamentals. Oh, and more camera pan to sad looks on his face.

Don't mistaken Magic Johnson's jovial nature for being soft and overly forgiving. Dude made $500M after he retired from basketball. He was way overqualified to become President of Basketball Operations, he is probably the wealthiest President of Basketball Operations in the league. There's eventually going to come a point where enough is enough.

Lonzo hasn't done anything to suggest he doesn't prioritize basketball.  He was injured last season?  Yes.  So was Ingram.  That could mean their bodies haven't matured to the point they can handle NBA level contact when attacking the rim.  Can they work on that and should they work on that?  Yes...but we won't know that they didn't until we see them next season.

Before suggesting Lonzo isn't all about basketball, please provide evidence.  Shoe brand, Rap, his Dad...that's life, not evidence of your assertion.

tenor.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users