54 replies to this topic

#21 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 954 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 08, 2018 - 02:00 AM

I expect Ingram to take a step forward, so I wouldn’t be surprised by it. I think I’ll be most surprised by Rondo, not expecting too much from him so if he balls out that will be nice.

I think all the young guys are going to improve this year, and then all the people complaining about not trading all of the for KL will look stupid.
  • DaSmoothOperator likes this

#22 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,134 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 08, 2018 - 10:28 AM

If Lonzo shoots 40% or near 40% from 3 I'll eat my shirt. 34-35% would be a big improvement. I hope he improves but I wouldn't start comparing him to other players who improved from year one to year two. It's not like he's got solid mechanics and he just had a slow start or a bad year. If it's true he's spending the summer focusing on strength and conditioning I wouldn't get too excited about his shot improving.

#23 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,622 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 08, 2018 - 10:31 AM

I just want competition in practice. We need leadership and I’m happy rondo and James are here
  • DaSmoothOperator likes this

ap1.png

#24 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 938 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted July 11, 2018 - 09:45 PM

luol deng.

#25 manaro90

manaro90

All-Star

• 5,601 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 11, 2018 - 10:56 PM

lebron

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#26 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,408 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 11, 2018 - 11:03 PM

If Lonzo shoots 40% or near 40% from 3 I'll eat my shirt. 34-35% would be a big improvement. I hope he improves but I wouldn't start comparing him to other players who improved from year one to year two. It's not like he's got solid mechanics and he just had a slow start or a bad year. If it's true he's spending the summer focusing on strength and conditioning I wouldn't get too excited about his shot improving.

Anyone else, yes.  I'd worry about the adjustment after the strength and conditioning.

Lonzo's shot (mechanics) defies logic.  If he gets the reps in, it would not shock me to see him shoot 37-40% this year as a spot-up shooter.  Kinda hard to mess up mechanics that funky...people normally shoot that way for a reason.  It won't be affected by working out, IMHO.

What would worry me more is if he tried to break his shot and create a more traditional shot...that takes a LOT of hard work and thousands upon thousands of reps every week to essentially teach him to shoot all over again...that would be a 2 year project at least.

• bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#27 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted July 12, 2018 - 01:59 AM

Anyone else, yes. I'd worry about the adjustment after the strength and conditioning.

Lonzo's shot (mechanics) defies logic. If he gets the reps in, it would not shock me to see him shoot 37-40% this year as a spot-up shooter. Kinda hard to mess up mechanics that funky...people normally shoot that way for a reason. It won't be affected by working out, IMHO.

What would worry me more is if he tried to break his shot and create a more traditional shot...that takes a LOT of hard work and thousands upon thousands of reps every week to essentially teach him to shoot all over again...that would be a 2 year project at least.

He will be a better defensive player this year but sadly will still be bad on offense

#28 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,408 posts

Posted July 13, 2018 - 03:20 AM

He will be a better defensive player this year but sadly will still be bad on offense

You can't really say that.  Randle and IT were the biggest threats offensively beside Lonzo last year.  Kuzma came off the bench and Ingram wanted to prove he could create for himself.

Lonzo tried to wear a lot of hats last year.  He had to create for himself and others and try to push people to their spots.  He got a lot of people easy points but he didn't have much aggressive talent to work with on the offensive end.  That changes this year.  LeBron, Lance, Rondo...KCP at times...especially if we get Kawhi...Lonzo will go back to being the transmission OR the engine, not both...I think you will see him shine without so much pressure on him.

And last year, the Lakers Circus revolved around Lonzo...that won't be the case this year.  Psychologically, that takes a toll on a rookie.  Pressure's off now.

tenor.gif

#29 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,193 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 13, 2018 - 08:16 AM

Lonzo 3rd most aggressive past season?

You didn't stay up and watch games huh?
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#30 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Off The Bench

• 2,204 posts
  • Name:William

Posted July 23, 2018 - 02:02 PM

I can’t believe people are still riding Lonzo’s d*** until now. This dude is just not that good. I hope I am wrong but until proven otherwise, my thinking won’t change.

#31 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,154 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 23, 2018 - 02:52 PM

Hold ya horses Lonzo won’t become Steph but will improve significantly, BI will fulfill his promise, Mo Wagner will get my vote!

#32 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,154 posts

Posted July 23, 2018 - 03:04 PM

BTWIts not necessary for Zo to change his shot just make more baskets be an actual threat so assists are more open. This will be a must watch season! Luke will get tested before Xmas by vet players but I think he’ll come out fine! Fitting everyone on time wise will be the first challenge. And getting guys to play D throughout the game esp when we’re up by 20, lol. Great times coming!

#33 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,154 posts

Posted July 24, 2018 - 05:58 AM

Oh ya being way too critical on Lonzo he was just 20 and a rookie nor set up to play 82 games but this year sans injury recovery he’ll show his true game. Both his shooting and overall game will increase substantially just watch!

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, July 24, 2018 - 05:59 AM.

#34 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 938 posts

Posted July 24, 2018 - 08:29 AM

https://www.silversc...rriors-analysis

Oh ya being way too critical on Lonzo he was just 20 and a rookie nor set up to play 82 games but this year sans injury recovery he’ll show his true game. Both his shooting and overall game will increase substantially just watch!

#35 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,602 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted July 24, 2018 - 09:04 AM

The Eagle. Josh Hart. Showed improvement in SL and finished last season quite strong. It will all depend on his minutes (obviously)but I do believe he will be one of our better young players this year. If he is consistent with his 3 ball he could push for extended minutes. His defense and rebounding abilities alone will get him solid back up minutes since those are areas we need help. I really hope everyone does well but I see Hart stepping up and surprising people.

Bye for now
  • -Wade-, lildvl10, Clutch Factor and 1 other like this

#36 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,154 posts

Posted July 24, 2018 - 10:19 AM

So MM ya gonna drop some nonsense that some joker put online hell it wasn’t me! And if they said Kevin Hart was to be the center of the AllStar game c’mon with this! The facts are the gentleman is very young too early to throw out the baby with the bath water no?

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, July 24, 2018 - 10:20 AM.

#37 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,408 posts

Posted July 28, 2018 - 06:15 AM

The Eagle. Josh Hart. Showed improvement in SL and finished last season quite strong. It will all depend on his minutes (obviously)but I do believe he will be one of our better young players this year. If he is consistent with his 3 ball he could push for extended minutes. His defense and rebounding abilities alone will get him solid back up minutes since those are areas we need help. I really hope everyone does well but I see Hart stepping up and surprising people.

Bye for now

I get what you're saying but what would be the surprise about this?  Hart was a 4 year player at a very good program.  You just described a good role player, which is what most people expect from Hart, right?

tenor.gif

#38 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,154 posts

Posted July 28, 2018 - 09:53 AM

And Hart got Magic and Brons eye 👁

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, July 28, 2018 - 09:54 AM.

#39 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,988 posts

Posted July 28, 2018 - 11:05 AM

I get what you're saying but what would be the surprise about this? Hart was a 4 year player at a very good program. You just described a good role player, which is what most people expect from Hart, right?

I think the only way hart surprises is if he ends up starting which would be a surprise because if he does it would be surprising that I think mathematically we’d have either equal or more money tied to the bench potentially than the starting 5. But in terms of play the surprise was last year when he was probably the most consistent young player on all ends of the floor. Didn’t have the highs of the other guys obviously but also had no lows. He shows up on both ends all the time. He’s a premier role player prospect (whatever that means) but he has a chance to be one of the leagues best role players if he keeps on his track

Edited by last stand 2.0, July 28, 2018 - 11:06 AM.

Posted Image

#40 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,602 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted July 28, 2018 - 03:18 PM

Bye for now

I get what you're saying but what would be the surprise about this?  Hart was a 4 year player at a very good program.  You just described a good role player, which is what most people expect from Hart, right?

No you don’t get what I am saying but what the hell else is new. It is TBD what Josh Hart is as a player in the NBA. I really can’t judge players careers off one season like some wanted to with Jordan Clarkson or perhaps Julius Randle😉. Last season as a rookie, Josh showed promise as a solid role player. In this his 2nd year he may surprise(not me) by proving to be MORE THAN a role player and a key contributor in our future. Improvement over his rookie year might actually surprise some. I thought I made myself crystal clear. Maybe I’m not providing enough stats or videos to prove my points, I was never here for that. I won’t be looking to converse any further if all anyone wants to do is nit pick my posts and argue. Why waste the time? To those reading this if you are unable to remove condescending tones in replies I have nothing left to say. Heed this warning and please don’t waste time starting with me. I say this with peace and love. I don’t need the aggravation. I will not be responding further. I. am. done.

Bye for now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users