Which Laker will surprise the most?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,350 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted July 07, 2018 - 04:31 AM

So this past season i think we can all agree it was Kuz by a wide margin.

Maybe BI was 2nd here?

But what about this season?

My money is on Rondo for some reason.

Not sure how minutes will be divided, but i think the minutes 'may' be there for him if Lakers get out to a good start and need a steady vet w a ton of playoff experience.

We went from like zero playoff experience, to quite a lot adding LBJ, Rondo, Lance, Javelle even

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#2 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,485 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 07, 2018 - 06:24 AM

Ingram will surprise the nay sayers
  • Tensai likes this

#3 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 648 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 07, 2018 - 07:11 AM

Lebron James. His post game will evolve into what it should have been in years past. I see an MVP season this year again.

#4 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 994 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted July 07, 2018 - 07:24 AM

Prob Ingram. I got high expectations for him. Hope he continues his run from last year, but being more consistent. For Bron, I think he'll play a lot of small ball 5. He'll get his stats.

#5 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 07, 2018 - 09:12 AM

this team making it back to the playoffs DAMMIT!!!!

• LACAS likes this

#6 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,045 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 07, 2018 - 09:14 AM

I think Brandon Ingram will be an all star numbers wise.  Due to the loaded WC he may not make the team though.  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#7 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,306 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 07, 2018 - 09:33 AM

Rajon

#8 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 2,075 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted July 07, 2018 - 09:36 AM

Brandon Ingram

#9 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,027 posts

Posted July 07, 2018 - 11:14 AM

Lonzo.  His stats were better than Ingram's as a rookie.  Ingram shot 40% from 3 at Duke, 29% from 3 as a rookie and 39% as a soph.  Lonzo shot 41% from 3 at UCLA and 30% as a rookie.  If Lonzo gets close to 40% from 3 this season, the game will slow down immensely for him.

Rookie Lonzo 10/7/7

Even if those numbers move to just 12/8/8, he will have made a massive jump considering we have Rondo and LeBron, #4 and #2 (respectively) in apg last year.  We could have the best passing and defending team in the NBA...and that's not a stretch considering Lonzo was #8 in apg (7.2apg).

And Lonzo's rookie stats compared to the player he's most similar to?  Jason Kidd's and Lonzo's rookie stats:

11.7ppg / 7.7apg / 5.4rpg / 1.9spg / 0.3bpg / 3.2 TOv | 10.8FGAs / 38.5% FG / 27.2% 3pt

10.2ppg / 7.2apg / 6.9rpg / 1.7spg / 0.8bpg / 2.6 TOv | 10.8FGAs / 36.0% FG / 30.5% 3pt

The major difference is FTAs and FT%...if Lonzo puts in the work, no reason he can't correct this also.

For reference, Kidd started as a TERRIBLE outside shooter and became a decent outside threat.  He ranks 9th alltime in 3pt FGs made.

I think you can substitute any other player on this team with a similar player and the team IDENTITY not change.  I think that if you remove Lonzo, this isn't the same team.

Edited by GCMD, July 07, 2018 - 11:18 AM.

• bfc1125roy and LACAS like this

tenor.gif

#10 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,419 posts

Posted July 07, 2018 - 11:29 AM

I have to see what the final roster is but as of now my bet would be on Ingram’. If he’s here I think he’ll have an easy time scoring. Lonzo will look better than he was last year but I think with rondo and lebron here his numbers won’t be flashy.

If Ingram is here I wouldn’t be remotely surprised with 20ppg 50% FG and 40% 3FG

Which if that happens I’m all for trying to create a lebron, khawi and Ingram trio.

I think kuzma will have a good year as well.

But again who knows if some of these guys will even be here
  • GCMD likes this
Posted Image

#11 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,837 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted July 07, 2018 - 02:15 PM

Ingram, because otherwise it's going to be frustrating to have the best player in basketball and be bounced in the 2nd round.

#12 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,786 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 07, 2018 - 02:32 PM

I’m going wY out and bet on the two rookies Svi and Mo gotta think Issac is a project but could surprise on offense end

#13 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,430 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 07, 2018 - 03:55 PM

Young guys: I think Ingram and Kuzma. Both have been working super hard. I would add Ball to this list, but I don't think he can train the way he wants with his injury.

Older guys: I think Rondo will surprise. He will mentor the youngins well, and shine in this defensive minded team we have created. 

#14 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,027 posts

Posted July 07, 2018 - 06:39 PM

Rondo is made for this offense.

In fact, come to think of it, Rondo's transition from NOP's offensive system will be seamless.  Gentry was Kerr's offensive assistant when he went to GSW and NOP was #1 in pace, IIRC.

I'd be seriously tempted to start Rondo and Lonzo.  You could argue that Rondo's a better defender than KCP and Lonzo is better rebounder than both.  Would depend on Lonzo's catch-and-shoot ability this coming year...we should find out how he does in that aspect fairly early in the season.

• bfc1125roy and Adam like this

tenor.gif

#15 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,485 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 07, 2018 - 07:55 PM

LeBron defense gonna surprise some of yall

#16 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,165 posts

Posted July 07, 2018 - 08:00 PM

LeBron defense gonna surprise some of yall

He was pretty bad last season, reg season and playoffs, but it definitely wasn’t due to ability. He’ll be better this season just off the fact that he won’t have to deal with the burden and fatigue of being the entire offense anymore + playing under a coach who practices and emphasizes defense.

Edited by Massacre, July 07, 2018 - 08:01 PM.

#17 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,165 posts

Posted July 07, 2018 - 08:03 PM

Ingram is the popular answer, but I’m curious to see how Kuzma comes in. He’s supposedly been putting in 3 a day workouts. I think he’ll eat next to LeBron.
  • GCMD and bfc1125roy like this

#18 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,314 posts

Posted July 07, 2018 - 09:43 PM

Personal answer: Lebron

Will I come to like him?

Team answer: Ball

I think he may improve a ton.

Those who say Ingram must not have high expectations.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

fXlFKv8.gif

#19 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,786 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 08, 2018 - 12:11 AM

This is quite a group of players assembled interesting to see how they match up on and off the court!

#20 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,430 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 08, 2018 - 12:50 AM

Rondo is made for this offense.

In fact, come to think of it, Rondo's transition from NOP's offensive system will be seamless.  Gentry was Kerr's offensive assistant when he went to GSW and NOP was #1 in pace, IIRC.

I'd be seriously tempted to start Rondo and Lonzo.  You could argue that Rondo's a better defender than KCP and Lonzo is better rebounder than both.  Would depend on Lonzo's catch-and-shoot ability this coming year...we should find out how he does in that aspect fairly early in the season.

I think our best lineup could be Rondo/Ball/KCP/Leonard/James

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users