2 replies to this topic

#1 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,862 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 02, 2018 - 02:34 PM

Saying that "the dreams are substantially bigger now" for the young Los Angeles Lakers core, Kobe Bryant personally welcomed LeBron James to the Lakers family shortly after James committed to the storied franchise on Sunday.

Bryant told his former rival that he is here to support the newest Lakers superstar and his family and that James' arrival has pushed the Lakers back to "front and center again and top of the conversation" as a destination in the NBA.

"I spoke to him during the playoffs and then I talked to him last night, right after the decision," Bryant told Stephen A. Smith on ESPN radio. "I told him, 'Welcome to the family, man.' It sounds crazy but I said, 'Dude you are part of the family now. So anything you need on my end, I got you. Whatever the case may be, I am here for you.' Just wishing him and his family the best and looking forward to seeing them when they get in."

"Dude, as people, you got to help your brothers do well," added the ultra-competitive Bryant, who goes from rivals with James to being a part of the same franchise. "I had a great run, I played 20 years, it was awesome, I had a great time, we are fortunate enough to win five championships and all that. Now it is somebody else's time. And that is what the Lakers have always been about..."

rest of the article -

http://www.espn.com/...-welcome-family

• JEN, kray28, -Wade- and 3 others like this

Posted Image

#2 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,071 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 02, 2018 - 06:24 PM

Interesting additional piece of gossip: According the Ramona, Jeanie has indicated to her that it was Kobe who told her that she needed to get rid of Jim and Mitch. And she followed through with the advice more or less immediately. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#3 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,774 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted July 02, 2018 - 07:03 PM

It's awesome seeing Kobe welcome LeBron to the family and offer him his full support. Great read! Also fascinating to read that Kobe has good meme magic.

• Persian Gulf and K-Kris like this

0iNkSmB.jpg

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users