49 replies to this topic

#41 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,192 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 29, 2018 - 07:15 AM

If so cheap, why did not we just gave him that? I'm really puzzled with these last couple of moves. Not that i don't trust in Rob and Magic but i just don't get it. Randle for 9 mil a year may be the best deal of the league right now.

True. But if Lebron James is playing in you spot, where do the minutes come from? Not interested in hearing CENTER either. He's going to play 35+ minutes a game in MO. No where near that with us

Edited by lakersince75, July 29, 2018 - 07:17 AM.

#42 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,012 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 29, 2018 - 07:50 AM

Randle made it known that he wanted out. It was unlikely the Lakers and Aaron Mintz (his agent who is also PG and Deangelo Russell's agent) would agree to any deal without it significantly hurting our cap long-term. 

So we let Randle go. Basically what this accomplishes is:

1) Shows that the Lakers consider their player's wishes

2) Gets the Lakers far away from Aaron Mintz 

• -Wade- likes this

#43 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 475 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 13, 2018 - 04:26 PM

Hope he stays relevant in New Orleans. Has the most physical ability of the other young Lakers we let go.

#44 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,985 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted August 13, 2018 - 04:49 PM

Hey live and let live, his style wasn’t going to fit this new group needed better Defense but. What an improvement added years to his career hoping him the best cept vs Lakers!

#45 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,262 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 14, 2018 - 06:31 AM

Randle was going to be a poor fit with Lebron in town anyway.  Im sure had they not gotten Bron they would've resigned him.  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#46 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,282 posts

Posted August 17, 2018 - 12:09 PM

I appreciate Randle's final year.  I think the others were a waste.  If he'd shown up and just stayed UK Randle, we'd have been much further along and he'd have been extended last year.

To be honest, I'd rather have kept Randle than Russell.  I think that if Randle continued setting good hard screens for LeBron, Lonzo and Rondo, he would have been the PERFECT 5 for this team.  He wasn't a great defender though...

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#47 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,898 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 17, 2018 - 12:39 PM

I appreciate Randle's final year.  I think the others were a waste.  If he'd shown up and just stayed UK Randle, we'd have been much further along and he'd have been extended last year.

To be honest, I'd rather have kept Randle than Russell.  I think that if Randle continued setting good hard screens for LeBron, Lonzo and Rondo, he would have been the PERFECT 5 for this team.  He wasn't a great defender though...

Randle would have been the polar opposite of the "PERFECT 5" for this team in my opinion.  He had a decent season, much of his baskets came from easy looks and hustle plays but aside from that, his game hasn't evolved much throughout his tenure in LA.

I wish him nothing but the best but am glad we aren't paying him long term money, especially with the direction we are headed.

#48 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,262 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 17, 2018 - 01:10 PM

The issue is would that have been perfect in Randle's POV and I'm not convinced of that.  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#49 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,758 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 17, 2018 - 01:53 PM

Randle on this team would be very good

Zo
Hart
Ingram
Bron
Randle

#50 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,282 posts

Posted August 18, 2018 - 07:21 PM

Randle would have been the polar opposite of the "PERFECT 5" for this team in my opinion.  He had a decent season, much of his baskets came from easy looks and hustle plays but aside from that, his game hasn't evolved much throughout his tenure in LA.

I wish him nothing but the best but am glad we aren't paying him long term money, especially with the direction we are headed.

This team doesn't need a skilled 5.  It needs a guy that can set screens and finish well close to the basket.  Randle fits perfectly.  His game didn't need to "evolve".  He had a dominant skill from Day 1.  He spent only one year exploiting that skill so the evolution should come AFTER this year.  You don't add to your game until you perfect what got you here, IMHO.

The issue is would that have been perfect in Randle's POV and I'm not convinced of that.  

That's possible though to me, Randle genuinely looked happy this year once he found his nichè.  I don't know why that would change this year if he were to  essentially play the same exact role.  IMHO, playing with LeBron, Rondo and (as we saw last year) Lonzo, Randle would have MORE space to operate and have better passers to finish at the rim.

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)