• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 575 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted November 08, 2018 - 02:11 PM

i actually forgot to consider that if they we get mad cap room. it'd be avery expensive rental though...

There is no doubt that the move is risky and could back-fire, but both Kemba and Butler were to walk we’d still have Lebron and Lonzo and about 45M to spend so it wouldn’t be the end of the world. Don’t think they’d walk though if the money was right. Question is if they’re worth the money it would cost to keep them.

#102 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 10, 2018 - 01:14 PM

Japago, you’re nuts Lakers are not trading Bron, he’s the pride to draw others here as well as fans, this team is just forming guys figuring out what to do and getting it done you have to have some patience trade deadline isn’t even close and this is nonsense talk!

#103 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,685 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 09, 2018 - 12:17 AM

We start 3 wings.

We need another attack guard.

Kuzma is a 4-sized Wing, not a Wing sized 4 but he seems to be a pretty good fit to LeBron.  Ingram is a 3, not a 2 or a 4...definitely not a 1.

Lonzo - Fine

LeBron - 'nuff said

Kuzma - good, not great.

The most important question - 

If we land another max player this summer, who goes?  Ingram?  Kuzma?  Lonzo?

#104 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,798 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 09, 2018 - 10:37 PM

We start 3 wings.

Kuzma is a 4-sized Wing, not a Wing sized 4 but he seems to be a pretty good fit to LeBron.  Ingram is a 3, not a 2 or a 4...definitely not a 1.

Lonzo - Fine

LeBron - 'nuff said

Kuzma - good, not great.

If WHEN we land another max player this summer, who goes?  Ingram?  Kuzma?  Lonzo?

Fixed your post. :)

WHEN we land another rmax player this summer, i think we hold on to all our guys for a potential AD-move. GCMD - Kawhi - Lebron - DanishLakerFan - AD. That team will win a title!

If AD re-sign with the Pellies or is moved somewhere else i think we try to use Ingram to round out the roster. Say we sign a wing such as Kawhi, Klay, Butler, Khriss i think BI will be used to close out the roster.

• GCMD likes this

#105 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,546 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 22, 2018 - 09:56 AM

BI is just a basketball player man.  I dont believe this idea that he has to be pigeon holed into a position.  Im also not full on positionless basketball either.  BI is the type of wing that you can run out with different combos of guys.  He can guard 1-3 and even some less physical 4's.  Look at the top teams they'd have to face.  What 4 out there that BI couldn't check?  

Draymond? Jerami Grant? PJ Tucker?  

Paul Millsap hasn't been good this year and is getting old.  So if BI has to switch on these guys it's not like they are going to cook him in the post.  Imagine had the Spurs given up on Kawhi b/c he wasn't capable of what he's doing today.  Dude is getting there.  LA should be working on Lebron's timeline...thats the one thing we clowned CLE for and now we want our team to do the same.  

He does well vs wings and guards defensively.  If anything positions matter more on defense than offense.  I am with you that we could use another consistent scoring guard or wing but not at the expense of the defensive versatility this team has.  If you want to find that guy I'd move Kuzma for him over BI.  BI/Zo terrorizing the perimeter is going to be so much more impactful in the playoffs than it is during the regular season. 

I will die on that hill 10x...mark my words on this. 

We start 3 wings.

Lonzo - Fine

LeBron - 'nuff said

Kuzma - good, not great.

If we land another max player this summer, who goes?  Ingram?  Kuzma?  Lonzo?

Edited by Jody Smokes, December 22, 2018 - 10:00 AM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#106 LAkerFan85

LAkerFan85

Rookie

• 256 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 22, 2018 - 04:40 PM

We start 3 wings.

Kuzma is a 4-sized Wing, not a Wing sized 4 but he seems to be a pretty good fit to LeBron. Ingram is a 3, not a 2 or a 4...definitely not a 1.

Lonzo - Fine
LeBron - 'nuff said
Kuzma - good, not great.

If we land another max player this summer, who goes? Ingram? Kuzma? Lonzo?

Kuzma reminds me of Robert Horry

Edited by LAkerFan85, December 22, 2018 - 04:41 PM.

#107 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,685 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 22, 2018 - 11:47 PM

BI is just a basketball player man.  I dont believe this idea that he has to be pigeon holed into a position.  Im also not full on positionless basketball either.  BI is the type of wing that you can run out with different combos of guys.  He can guard 1-3 and even some less physical 4's.  Look at the top teams they'd have to face.  What 4 out there that BI couldn't check?  

Draymond? Jerami Grant? PJ Tucker?  

Paul Millsap hasn't been good this year and is getting old.  So if BI has to switch on these guys it's not like they are going to cook him in the post.  Imagine had the Spurs given up on Kawhi b/c he wasn't capable of what he's doing today.  Dude is getting there.  LA should be working on Lebron's timeline...thats the one thing we clowned CLE for and now we want our team to do the same.  

He does well vs wings and guards defensively.  If anything positions matter more on defense than offense.  I am with you that we could use another consistent scoring guard or wing but not at the expense of the defensive versatility this team has.  If you want to find that guy I'd move Kuzma for him over BI.  BI/Zo terrorizing the perimeter is going to be so much more impactful in the playoffs than it is during the regular season. 

I will die on that hill 10x...mark my words on this. 

Jody,

I respect your loyalty to BI but I just can't agree.

Ingram's lack of effort recovering defensively is not a good quality for a wing.  BI can NOT guard ANY PF because he doesn't weigh enough and he's simply not strong enough.  Millsapp would eat Ingram's lunch 10/10 times...so would any other starting PF.  RANDLE would DESTROY Ingram 1-on-1...

Kuzma is a much better fit and is a much more complete scorer.  He's the #2 option when most expected that to be Ingram...both for good reasons.

Lonzo and Kuzma are seamless fits next to LeBron but neither are great attacking or creating off the dribble.  Both can at times but it's not their games.  Lonzo is better facilitating.  Kuzma is better feeding off facilitators.

We need an attack guard.  Ingram isn't it and he's not a guy who will be able to replace LeBron.  You may see him that way but that's not rooted in anything objective. 

Take a look at Ingram vs Tatum.  Tatum is a much more complete player.  He reminds me of Kuzma except Tatum has guard handles and footwork.  He would fit in fine next to LeBron, Lonzo and Kuzma.  He naturally does things you hope Ingram learns.  Tatum has a much better chance of being a legit corner piece or #1 option than Ingram and I'm not joking.

Ingram has potential but that's not the same thing as we should depend on him reaching it.  If we can land players who are already where you HOPE Ingram reaches, we should make that trade.

And CLE got to the Finals 4 straight years and won an NBA Ch'ip.  There was no legit clowning them for that...more like sour grapes.

Edited by GCMD, December 22, 2018 - 11:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users