101 replies to this topic

#41 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,150 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted October 04, 2018 - 06:47 AM

I am not offended if that was your purpose, but try to be objective in constructing critiques; example it is vague to say “I don’t know anything” which if true would prove you insane for conversing with me but I am posting a new thread so get ready!

#42 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,225 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted October 13, 2018 - 09:27 AM

82-0

#43 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,046 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 19, 2018 - 06:39 AM

I suppose time will tell, but the Lance and Beasley signings really confound me. 

I also feel Randle would have helped this team quite a bit. He was our best player last season, and having him as a small ball 5 would have been far better than Kuzma or Beasley.

Not to mention his vastly improved switch defense and elite rebounding would have helped this team. It just sucks he had the same agent as Paul George who seemed to make it personal against the Lakers...

#44 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,177 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 19, 2018 - 07:19 AM

Randle didn't want just one year either which means no Bron likely bc no way I get 2nd FA

#45 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,225 posts

Posted October 19, 2018 - 09:00 AM

Im not even trippin', I thought we played well, we simply couldn't hit the 3, that poor deep shooting display shouldn't happen again or often.

#46 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,252 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted October 19, 2018 - 09:20 AM

I suppose time will tell, but the Lance and Beasley signings really confound me.

I also feel Randle would have helped this team quite a bit. He was our best player last season, and having him as a small ball 5 would have been far better than Kuzma or Beasley.

Not to mention his vastly improved switch defense and elite rebounding would have helped this team. It just sucks he had the same agent as Paul George who seemed to make it personal against the Lakers...

We told Randle he would have a lesser role and he didnt want to come back. Can we please stop talking about Randle.

#47 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 4,122 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted October 19, 2018 - 11:05 AM

Im not even trippin', I thought we played well, we simply couldn't hit the 3, that poor deep shooting display shouldn't happen again or often.

I totally agree plus staukas matching his career high. we need to be better defensively(but thats what happens when we play so fast, improve on rebounding and stop with luke being stubborn on keeping it small ball all the time.

#48 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,046 posts

Posted October 19, 2018 - 11:33 AM

We told Randle he would have a lesser role and he didnt want to come back. Can we please stop talking about Randle.

It wasn't because Randle would have a lesser role. He did want out (most likely due to his agent convincing him to do so) and the Lakers were also looking to preserve cap space for next season. 

#49 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,252 posts

Posted October 19, 2018 - 12:55 PM

It wasn't because Randle would have a lesser role. He did want out (most likely due to his agent convincing him to do so) and the Lakers were also looking to preserve cap space for next season.

We told him his role would be lessen and he asked us to let him go.

#50 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,046 posts

Posted October 19, 2018 - 01:31 PM

We told him his role would be lessen and he asked us to let him go.

He asked the Lakers to renounce him because he thought his role would be lessened, not because the Lakers told him his role would lessen. There is also the Aaron Mintz connection -- he didn't like the fact that we traded away Russell and that we didn't trade for George a year ago. Hence, he most likely advised Randle to move on.

Randle aside, I felt there were better options instead of Lance and Beasley.  

#51 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,225 posts

Posted October 19, 2018 - 01:32 PM

Boy bye!

#52 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,252 posts

Posted October 20, 2018 - 12:49 AM

He asked the Lakers to renounce him because he thought his role would be lessened, not because the Lakers told him his role would lessen. There is also the Aaron Mintz connection -- he didn't like the fact that we traded away Russell and that we didn't trade for George a year ago. Hence, he most likely advised Randle to move on.

Randle aside, I felt there were better options instead of Lance and Beasley.

Thats not what was reported at the time. But who cares

#53 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,225 posts

Posted October 25, 2018 - 10:28 AM

This team is confusing... whats our best starting 5?

I presently prefer Rondo > Ball (for now)

I presently prefer Kuz > BI (for now) 

#54 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,150 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted October 27, 2018 - 04:02 PM

#55 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,405 posts

Posted October 27, 2018 - 10:45 PM

Find a sub for McGee already. Everyone on this roster has one alternative, except McGee. And more McGee shines, less bearable it is becoming because it is becoming obvious to how we should be playing.

Cut Zubac if necessary.

fXlFKv8.gif

#56 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,177 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 27, 2018 - 10:47 PM

Tyson Chandler would be an excellent addition

#57 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,158 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 29, 2018 - 09:58 PM

This squad needs a buyout candidate asap.

This is exactly how I thought this season would play out from the beginning. Getting absolutely murked in the paint and on the boards. Shame on the FO for thinking we'd be able to stay afloat with just McGee and Kuzma playing spot minutes at the 5. Zu was never going to be the answer and as much as I love his hustle, Williams is just too small and won't hold up.

Too much redundancy at the wing is really rearing it's ugly head now that we see how helpless we are at the big positions.

Hopefully we find a buyer for KCP as soon as he's eligible to be moved. Dead money from the start.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#58 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,378 posts

Posted October 30, 2018 - 02:20 PM

I’ll get flamed for this, but the FO [expletive]ed up by not prioritizing Ju. We could say he wanted out or wouldn’t be willing to take a lesser role, but he’s barely racking up 20 MPG off the bench in NOLA. That whole situation could’ve been handled better, even though his agent seemed to have beef with the current regime.

I would much rather have given him Rondo’s 9M or KCP’s 12M and added another year to that. We can talk about priotizing a big FA, but there is no scenario where a productive 24 year old on a one-year deal isn’t movable for free.

As thrilled as I’ve been with the FO, that was a blunder. He provides a lot of what this team is currently lacking. It was sickening watching KAT’s soft ass bully this team last night. There are encouraging signs, but the defense and rebounding need to improve dramatically before this team goes anywhere. Let’s see what Mo can do.
  • Busty Bluth and Lakerace24 like this

#59 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,378 posts

Posted October 30, 2018 - 02:24 PM

Also, KCP has been butt cheeks. He might turn it around, but Hart is flat-out better at this point. He needs to be given the Luol Deng treatment so we can unload him at the deadline after he waives his NTC.

Edited by Massacre, October 30, 2018 - 02:24 PM.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#60 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 936 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 30, 2018 - 04:17 PM

I’ll get flamed for this, but the FO [expletive]ed up by not prioritizing Ju. We could say he wanted out or wouldn’t be willing to take a lesser role, but he’s barely racking up 20 MPG off the bench in NOLA. That whole situation could’ve been handled better, even though his agent seemed to have beef with the current regime.

I would much rather have given him Rondo’s 9M or KCP’s 12M and added another year to that. We can talk about priotizing a big FA, but there is no scenario where a productive 24 year old on a one-year deal isn’t movable for free.

As thrilled as I’ve been with the FO, that was a blunder. He provides a lot of what this team is currently lacking. It was sickening watching KAT’s soft ass bully this team last night. There are encouraging signs, but the defense and rebounding need to improve dramatically before this team goes anywhere. Let’s see what Mo can do.

JR was good, and a viable trade chip. No more. We should have kept him to package for AD.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users