102 replies to this topic

#61 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,234 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted July 03, 2018 - 03:00 PM

The average fan really believes Lebron is a team player and that other great players want to play with him.  However, it couldn't be further from the truth.  That guy does not develop and improve teammates contrary to popular media narrative. He's a ball dominant player that does not run a real system. Instead he runs the "LeBron James" system. A ball dominant method that affords him the stats and shine and marginalizes the surrounding talent. Guys are all stars before they join him, and bums by the end of his tenure. He suffocates any growth, he plays just like Westbrook, he's just way more talented and as a result he is able to get good results. He's like a super nova, he explodes, but turns all the planets in orbit around him into dwarf stars. We just blew up the chemistry and culture we were cultivating for a win now approach. Magic caved to the public and media. Bad signing. Mark my words.

i actually agrees with you to a degree. i believe Lebron picked us as a destination is a well calculated move, first he gets paid.  second he is under no pressure to win, since you know he will be developing the youth for another year or two, where as in Cleveland he is under constant pressure to win, which i don't think he can anymore after this year -- the way Boston is coming up and nearly took him out w/o 2 of their top players.  third, he can hitch a ride after 2-3 years when our young core matures and take some if not a lot of credit from Luke.   Lebron is an extremely calculative guy.  I don't think he will be bringing the trophy home anytime soon for Lakers though.  maybe the Conference finals if we are lucky otherwise i don't think we can survive Warriors or the Rockets in the playoffs.

• Aykut Purde likes this

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#62 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 994 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted July 03, 2018 - 03:15 PM

He is also here for his son. After his son gets drafted, he is going to leave us as well

#63 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,837 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted July 03, 2018 - 03:43 PM

He is also here for his son. After his son gets drafted, he is going to leave us as well

He's gonna be 37, so I don't mind.

• GCMD and Persian Gulf like this

#64 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,310 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted July 03, 2018 - 04:09 PM

cant wait for bron to win a ring in his 4 year.. 

#65 Cocobug

Cocobug

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 511 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 04, 2018 - 01:34 AM

i actually agrees with you to a degree. i believe Lebron picked us as a destination is a well calculated move, first he gets paid.  second he is under no pressure to win, since you know he will be developing the youth for another year or two, where as in Cleveland he is under constant pressure to win, which i don't think he can anymore after this year -- the way Boston is coming up and nearly took him out w/o 2 of their top players.  third, he can hitch a ride after 2-3 years when our young core matures and take some if not a lot of credit from Luke.   Lebron is an extremely calculative guy.  I don't think he will be bringing the trophy home anytime soon for Lakers though.  maybe the Conference finals if we are lucky otherwise i don't think we can survive Warriors or the Rockets in the playoffs.

I absolutely believe your assessment, that he left the Eastern Conference, because he knew Boston was coming to take him down next season.  Losing to Kyrie in the ECF would absolutely be a stain on his legacy and pride, so running to the Western Conference was a smart maneuver.  It creates a built in excuse.  "Well, of course Lebron didn't make it to the finals, the West is stacked, and he's 34 years old."  Meanwhile, he continues to accumulate stats and break records to prop up his "goat" argument.  

Edited by Cocobug, July 04, 2018 - 01:34 AM.

The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

#66 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• LN Staff
  • 11,186 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted July 06, 2018 - 12:27 AM

Report: LeBron Studying Michael & Kobe To Evolve Into Post Player

LeBron James is still the best player in the world. That’s not debatable. He’s also 33 years old and though there are few signs of slowing down, everyone knows a decline will happen eventually.

That’s why James is planning ahead, hoping to prolong his career for as long as possible. That’s why, according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst and Ramona Shelburne, the star forward is already looking at ways to evolve his game on his third team and at the fourth stage of his career:

The other key to this new vision for James and the Lakers is a recognition that his game will need to change as he ages over the next four years.

James, who will turn 34 in December, had studied the careers of all-time greats such as Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan and noted how they moved from the wing to the post as they approached their mid-30s. Bryant, for example, averaged 5.5 post-ups a game in his age-36 season in 2014-15 (most among guards) and 2.9 post-ups a game in his age-37 season (still fifth-most among guards).

James’ play in the post has ebbed and flowed over the past decade. He has developed his skills playing there, but has always been pulled to operating from the perimeter, where he’s more comfortable and where his teams often need him.

This shouldn’t be a surprise. James has been moving towards this direction since his Heat days and anyone can see that he’s taking care of his body now more than ever. LeBron has not been exerting the same level of effort on the defensive end in regular season games and has taken breaks mid-season to recover.

In the end, these are good things for the Lakers. They may lose them a few regular season games but with James signed on for at least three years, it’s good that the Lakers are taking the longterm approach. That’s why the team has offered only one-year contracts this summer and given them to players who can handle and pass the ball.

The Lakers are doing everything they can to ease the pressure on LeBron, something the Cavaliers were ultimately unable to do the last few seasons.

We all know that LeBron is a pretty good all around player. He improved his jump shot a little bit this year. Imagine him with a post game like Mike and Kobe to be a complete player!  :jawdrop:

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, July 06, 2018 - 12:31 AM.

#67 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,485 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 06, 2018 - 08:37 AM

Complete includes defense which his game lacks

#68 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,467 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 06, 2018 - 09:38 AM

when will lebron be introduced?

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#69 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,027 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 09, 2018 - 05:57 PM

Complete includes defense which his game lacks

You keep saying that when everyone knows its not true.

tenor.gif

#70 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 3,049 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted July 09, 2018 - 06:44 PM

Alright so we got the biggest raging douche on the planet for the next 3+ years. I will support the team, but I will still always hate Lebron. But this signing also makes us relevant again, so it is what it is..

If the Lakers lose though, it will be a lot easier for me to stomach knowing that Lebron will also lose..

But go Lakers and still [expletive] Lebron. If he ends up [expletive]ing us over in an Albert Pujols type way.....the hate will be indescribable.

Magic and Pelinka have also proven that they are pretty much Godly as well. They just come in here, take over the mess created by the two hill billies, and start spankin' a$s.

yeah I can relate to how you feel. I still [expletive]en hate Kobe and his selfish ass who him, jim and Mitch put us in for some years.
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#71 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 09, 2018 - 08:02 PM

yeah I can relate to how you feel. I still [expletive]en hate Kobe and his selfish ass who him, jim and Mitch put us in for some years.

Not kobes fault at all. Completely front office that has now been revamped

ap1.png

#72 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 27,851 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 09, 2018 - 09:09 PM

https://instagram.com/p/BlCXlFkjecS

BI Speaks!!!

#73 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 11,754 posts

Posted July 09, 2018 - 09:43 PM

when will lebron be introduced?

My sentiments exactly, when the [expletive] is the press conference?

And what of the signings of Stephenson & McGee?

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#74 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,837 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted July 09, 2018 - 11:58 PM

Then why is your avatar a picture of him and you have him as one of your favorite Lakers?

• DeeZee, kray28, bfc1125roy and 1 other like this

#75 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 10, 2018 - 04:53 AM

^^ beat me to it.

#76 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 27,851 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 11, 2018 - 09:18 PM

Dh4OgruUcAA6v35.jpg

• DeeZee, Persian Gulf, Tensai and 3 others like this

#77 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,467 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 11, 2018 - 09:42 PM

Dh4OgruUcAA6v35.jpg

wow

when i see those pictures of lebron man

i can not wait for media day hahaahhaa

• Persian Gulf likes this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#78 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted July 12, 2018 - 03:08 PM

I gotta give my kid credit....he still thinks with his heart, and to him, Kobe s the GOAT forever and LeBron in LA just aint right in his universe. He doesn't care if it means more wins, he just can't stand all the LeBron stans spamming the boards now saying that he's the best Laker ever, way better than Kobe.

It's like these trolls just want to come into our space and make it toxic for everyone....even reasonable people like me who love Kobe, but want to reconcile that with LeBron coming onto the Lakers and doing his own thing his way. 

RE: the mural. Just want to say I would never vandalize that mural, but I kind of understand why a guy who has played 0 games for us so far being called the "King of LA" might ruffle some feathers. Let him earn that title here first.

• Persian Gulf likes this

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#79 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted July 12, 2018 - 03:11 PM

Not kobes fault at all. Completely front office that has now been revamped

And if you listen to Jeanie, Kobe is one of the key reasons why the front office is revamped....he told Jeanie she had to get rid of Jim and Mitch. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#80 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,310 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted July 12, 2018 - 04:54 PM

I gotta give my kid credit....he still thinks with his heart, and to him, Kobe s the GOAT forever and LeBron in LA just aint right in his universe. He doesn't care if it means more wins, he just can't stand all the LeBron stans spamming the boards now saying that he's the best Laker ever, way better than Kobe.

It's like these trolls just want to come into our space and make it toxic for everyone....even reasonable people like me who love Kobe, but want to reconcile that with LeBron coming onto the Lakers and doing his own thing his way. 

RE: the mural. Just want to say I would never vandalize that mural, but I kind of understand why a guy who has played 0 games for us so far being called the "King of LA" might ruffle some feathers. Let him earn that title here first.

Well said! 

I love any legends and play for the Lakers however claiming the best Laker all time is ridiculous and haven't worn the jersey yet and also only spending the last quarter of the your career here.. Doesnt it pass it. If Bron gets an MVP, Championship and pushes for success for the team. His jersey will be up beside the greats. but doesnt win one. nope!

Do you think Wilt jersey be up there if lakers didnt win it at all?

• kray28 likes this

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users