#41 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,217 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted July 02, 2018 - 09:55 AM

Alright so we got the biggest raging douche on the planet for the next 3+ years. I will support the team, but I will still always hate Lebron. But this signing also makes us relevant again, so it is what it is..

If the Lakers lose though, it will be a lot easier for me to stomach knowing that Lebron will also lose..

But go Lakers and still [expletive] Lebron. If he ends up [expletive]ing us over in an Albert Pujols type way.....the hate will be indescribable.

Magic and Pelinka have also proven that they are pretty much Godly as well. They just come in here, take over the mess created by the two hill billies, and start spankin' a$s.

Ive never seen you post and if you are cool if we lose you're not a real one.
  • GCMD, Persian Gulf and DaSmoothOperator like this

#42 Hangin n Wangin

Hangin n Wangin

Rookie

• 25 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 02, 2018 - 10:00 AM

Ive never seen you post and if you are cool if we lose you're not a real one.

I said it would be easier to stomach if we lose with Lebron. I still want to win. Basketball doesn't mean nearly as much to me anymore since it's become basically a WWE clown fest. 

So no...I'm not going to get worked up if the Lakers lose, like I used to.

#43 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,217 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted July 02, 2018 - 10:26 AM

I said it would be easier to stomach if we lose with Lebron. I still want to win. Basketball doesn't mean nearly as much to me anymore since it's become basically a WWE clown fest.

I couldnt imagine not liking a player we signed so much that i want to see him fail.

#44 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,786 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 02, 2018 - 10:42 AM

Common Artest Spurs will trade him before allowing him to just fly over here, they don’t like the Lakers at all, tough luck Pops! But Javalle McGhee?, Lance Stevenson? , KCP good move right price too12 m, Javalllle McGheeeee! No more Shaqtin a Phools now!

#45 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,906 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted July 02, 2018 - 12:06 PM

Time for Lebron to prove himself amongst the big dogs in the Western Conference.

• Persian Gulf likes this

#46 rossf

rossf

Rookie

• 238 posts
  • Fan Since:'50s
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 02, 2018 - 01:22 PM

Not seeing the point of even watching here. Hate the mega star of the team. Not so important that they do win, but will hate LeBron even more if they don't win. And the NBA's a farce anyway. Let's just say it's a little confusing. Maybe another form of entertainment would be better?

Fortunately for me, I've been okay with LeBron, even though I wasn't a fan of the teams he played for. Especially liked how he shut the haters up for awhile while taking his underdog team to the Finals this year. Now he's a Laker, so all is good. He'll attract other top talent, and he'll be good for raising the bar for the young Lakers. Still, it's a real tough league, and he's taking on a big challenge here. That'll make it even more entertaining however it turns out.

• kball likes this

#47 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,293 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted July 02, 2018 - 02:32 PM

can’t wait to see what he has in store for us next season

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, July 02, 2018 - 02:33 PM.

• -Wade- likes this

#48 Cocobug

Cocobug

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 511 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted July 03, 2018 - 08:18 AM

He’ll he is arguably the best player in the league right now, should attract more vets to fill roster out but may make Spurs not want to trade Kawhi here why help the hated Lakers?

The average fan really believes Lebron is a team player and that other great players want to play with him.  However, it couldn't be further from the truth.  That guy does not develop and improve teammates contrary to popular media narrative. He's a ball dominant player that does not run a real system. Instead he runs the "LeBron James" system. A ball dominant method that affords him the stats and shine and marginalizes the surrounding talent. Guys are all stars before they join him, and bums by the end of his tenure. He suffocates any growth, he plays just like Westbrook, he's just way more talented and as a result he is able to get good results. He's like a super nova, he explodes, but turns all the planets in orbit around him into dwarf stars. We just blew up the chemistry and culture we were cultivating for a win now approach. Magic caved to the public and media. Bad signing. Mark my words.

• lonlyamongus likes this
The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

#49 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,966 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 03, 2018 - 08:57 AM

All great players do this to some degree man. Celtics big 3 put up better numbers individually before they teamed up. Look at Pipppen's lone season without Jordan....great stats, second round exit. Pau with Kobe. Bosh with LeBron. Fans like you can kick rocks.

#50 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,350 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted July 03, 2018 - 09:17 AM

Any figures yet on how much the Laker Franchise just jumped in value?

Guessing 1/2 a billion - 1 billion (a year from now if not already)

Edited by kball, July 03, 2018 - 09:18 AM.

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#51 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 27,851 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 03, 2018 - 09:25 AM

The average fan really believes Lebron is a team player and that other great players want to play with him.  However, it couldn't be further from the truth.  That guy does not develop and improve teammates contrary to popular media narrative. He's a ball dominant player that does not run a real system. Instead he runs the "LeBron James" system. A ball dominant method that affords him the stats and shine and marginalizes the surrounding talent. Guys are all stars before they join him, and bums by the end of his tenure. He suffocates any growth, he plays just like Westbrook, he's just way more talented and as a result he is able to get good results. He's like a super nova, he explodes, but turns all the planets in orbit around him into dwarf stars. We just blew up the chemistry and culture we were cultivating for a win now approach. Magic caved to the public and media. Bad signing. Mark my words.

Are you really saying signing the most dominate basketball player in the game was a bad idea. Is this jim Buss?

• GCMD and lakerfan98 like this

#52 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 676 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted July 03, 2018 - 09:41 AM

what win now approach? looks like we just signed 1 year contracts and are not willing to trade the farm for kawhi. sounds like he's not playing LeGM to me.

#53 Julien

Julien

Off The Bench

• 1,984 posts

Posted July 03, 2018 - 09:51 AM

I still can’t believe it! I’m so happy!

#54 Cocobug

Cocobug

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 511 posts

Posted July 03, 2018 - 09:59 AM

Are you really saying signing the most dominate basketball player in the game was a bad idea. Is this jim Buss?

Thats exactly what I'm saying.  

#55 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,966 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 03, 2018 - 10:10 AM

Bruh you think Kobe didn't marginalize players?

#56 Cocobug

Cocobug

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 511 posts

Posted July 03, 2018 - 10:42 AM

There were many times when Kobe absolutely did.  However, that window from 2007-2010, Kobe truly learned to be a leader and effectively empowered the cast around him.  Pau, Odom, Sasha, Shannon, etc. all those guys had their best seasons playing with Kobe during that time.  With the young core we have, and the culture that Luke has been instilling, Lebron is the last thing we need.  He will absolutely stifle the growth of our budding team, and reverse the share the ball culture that Luke has brought over from Golden State.  Lonzo needs the room to continue to blossom and be the engine of the offense, Lebron will demand the ball, and demand that everyone play off of him as the hub of the offense.  It's why they never practiced in Cleveland, because Lebron doesn't run a real system, he plays the Lebron James system.  We were going in the right direction, and now that growth will be retarded.  We mortgaged our future, in order to be what Lakers fans demand that is: attract the huge stars and win now.  With the cap space we had, there were/are big FA's available this year and next year that would fit infinitely better with the direction we were heading.  It would have paid much better dividends long term.  But you don't have to believe me now, just watch as it unfolds.

Edited by Cocobug, July 03, 2018 - 01:17 PM.

#57 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,809 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, Brandon & Isaiah

Posted July 03, 2018 - 11:08 AM

Crazy how having him on the squad changes things overnight

• Persian Gulf likes this

EyMlHkX.jpg

#58 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,837 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted July 03, 2018 - 12:10 PM

There were many times when Kobe absolutely did.  However, that window from 2007-2010, Kobe truly learned to be a leader and effectively empowered the cast around him.  Pau, Odom, Sasha, Shannon, etc. all those guys had their best seasons playing with Kobe during that time.  With the young core we have, and the culture that Luke has been instilling, Lebron is the last thing we need.  He will absolutely stifle the growth of our budding team, and reverse the share the ball culture that Luke as brought over from Golden State.  Lonzo needs the room to continue to blossom and be the engine of the offense, Lebron will demand the ball, and demand that everyone play off of him as the hub of the offense.  It's why they never practiced in Cleveland, because Lebron doesn't run a real system, he plays the Lebron James system.  We were going in the right direction, and now that growth will be retarded.  We mortgaged our future, in order to be what Lakers fans demand that is: attract the huge stars and win now.  With the cap space we had, there were/are big FA's available this year and next year that would fit infinitely better with the direction we were heading.  It would have paid much better dividends long term.  But you don't have to believe me now, just watch as it unfolds.

Trust me, LeBron is not going to be spared here in LA. This is not a gullible team nor is its fan base. If LeBron is going to BS (which I honestly doubt he will), he will be called out on it. The signings by the Lakers FO so far tells me that the Lakers FO is making independent decisions, which is a good direction so far.

#59 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,786 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 03, 2018 - 12:51 PM

Yo Cocobug; yes it will be different but y’all been whining for so long actually it’s been short as an old head Lakerfan we had it much tougher as we had a great team but just couldn’t win the chip for s while, but I really enjoyed West Chamberlain and Elgin during the earlier times of course Showtime and Kobe/Shaq Kobe/Pau and the youth now let’s see how this group comes togetherD is so very important let’s see who brings it! Go Lakers!!

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, July 03, 2018 - 12:52 PM.

#60 Cocobug

Cocobug

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 511 posts

Posted July 03, 2018 - 01:21 PM

Yo Cocobug; yes it will be different but y’all been whining for so long actually it’s been short as an old head Lakerfan we had it much tougher as we had a great team but just couldn’t win the chip for s while, but I really enjoyed West Chamberlain and Elgin during the earlier times of course Showtime and Kobe/Shaq Kobe/Pau and the youth now let’s see how this group comes togetherD is so very important let’s see who brings it! Go Lakers!!

I always respect the opinions and perspectives of my elders, and those that have observed the game far longer than I have.  I do like the optimistic approach, and hopefully it all works out.  i just see this signing as the complete opposite direction of where the ship was sailing.  With Lebron, chances are, we'll have some immediate playoff success over the next few years, but at the cost of a brighter and more lasting long term future.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users