Photo

Would you give up Ball, Ingram and/or Kuzma for Leonard?

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#161 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,071 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 01, 2018 - 05:24 PM

I think Ingram/Kuzma/Picks is a good haul.

Pop can get a lot out of Ingram.  He's made for that system.

Kuzma is a guy that provides a lot of value and is another guy SAS can plug&play into Pop's system.

On most teams, I'd say that would not be enough for Kawhi.  Popovich and the Spurs have a way of getting players to do what's best for the Spurs AND for the players.  IMHO, Ingram provides good clay to mold and Kuzma provides the fire that can be unleashed.

At this point, with LeBron here, I would not give SA that much at all, not when we can just wait for Kawhi next year. The Spurs would be better off cutting their losses now...but we know they won't do that. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#162 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,288 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 01, 2018 - 06:48 PM

At this point, with LeBron here, I would not give SA that much at all, not when we can just wait for Kawhi next year. The Spurs would be better off cutting their losses now...but we know they won't do that. 

Not concentrating on what we give up...just thinking about what LeBron/Kawhi would look like together...and I'm enjoying the thought immensely.

• bfc1125roy and KidRN like this

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#163 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,787 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted July 01, 2018 - 07:56 PM

Not giving SA Kuzma and Ingram. Let them sweat it out.
  • Persian Gulf likes this

#164 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 877 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 01, 2018 - 08:08 PM

That's Jordan-Pippen...

Not concentrating on what we give up...just thinking about what LeBron/Kawhi would look like together...and I'm enjoying the thought immensely.

#165 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,412 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted July 01, 2018 - 09:47 PM

Man, screwing our young studs for a player that might walk away next year. 

Wait an year and then sign him. 

#166 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 671 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 04, 2018 - 08:58 AM

Why is the media trying hard to get the Lakers to get rid of Lonzo Ball?  I have never seen any player get attacked this much, frankly it's disgusting.  Here are a couple of articles in recent days.  Is the hate for Lavar ball that bad?

With each leak, the foundation of Lonzo Ball and the Lakers’ relationship seems to weaken.

It is no secret that Ball and his ever-volatile father, LaVar, were determined to have him get drafted by the Lakers and build their legacy there. Ball had a respectable rookie season for the Lakers when healthy, but with LeBron James in Los Angeles and in need of another star, Ball’s future there is as precarious as ever.

The Lakers have been in talks with the Spurs for the disgruntled Kawhi Leonard, but the Spurs seem more enamored with Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart and future draft picks than they do Ball. Any chance of Ball being included in that trade, however, seemed to end when it was reported last week that the former UCLA star was recovering from a torn meniscus.

https://nypost.com/2...and-the-lakers/

and this article

http://www.chicagotr...0702-story.html

The arrival of LeBron James with the Los Angeles Lakers means the exit of LaVar Ball, count on it. Big Daddy's time as a Kardashian is up. For months he's been fighting the inevitable tow toward obscurity, but now the shadow of the greatest player of a generation has moved over him like one of those Star Destroyers blotting out the light, and the future will be nothing from here but poorly-lit gyms and homemade podcasts.

James isn't going to put up with that mess. You think the 33-year-old who remains in ring-seeking "championship mode" signed with the Lakers so he can warm up to the courtside music of LaVar Ball's toxic armchair braying? You notice I have yet to mention the name of Lonzo Ball. That's because he's not the real player on that team; his pappy is. But now that the kid has come up, you think LeBron is going to spend a lot of time on the floor with a guard whose shot looks like a bent wire hangar, who misses more than half his free throws, and whom everyone in the league knows you can sit on? LeBron James is not going to carry that kid. He's done hauling the heavy sled of rosters with liabilities and chemistry problems, that's clear.

Edited by BORNINLA, July 04, 2018 - 08:59 AM.

#167 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted July 04, 2018 - 10:28 AM

Bet LaVag (perhaps i'm misspelling?) clams up for now.

Or he may find his son exiled exactly like Nick the quick was.

(for those that don't know the Van Exel story he was chanting Can Cun Can Cun in the huddle of a playoff game when lakers were down 0-3. Lakers didn't hesitate and soon shipped him to Denver who stunk. Man denver was about the worst team in the league back then too) 

• GCMD likes this

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#168 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,598 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 04, 2018 - 12:26 PM

That's Jordan-Pippen...

Better. Cause Leonard can also give you 25 ppg and be the primary option on a championship team.

Edited by bfc1125roy, July 04, 2018 - 12:26 PM.

#169 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,325 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted July 04, 2018 - 12:54 PM

Tell you the turtle out of all three I would def trade Lonzo before I trade Kuzma and Ingram

#170 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,412 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted July 04, 2018 - 08:38 PM

Tell you the turtle out of all three I would def trade Lonzo before I trade Kuzma and Ingram

Damn, you dont see anything in Lonzo?

#171 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 04, 2018 - 10:09 PM

Man, screwing our young studs for a player that might walk away next year.

Wait an year and then sign him.

Ice been saying this you be paying for a rental like D12 he could walk!

#172 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,288 posts

Posted July 04, 2018 - 10:59 PM

I love Lonzo but if the Spurs wanted him, BYE.

Name on the front, not the name on the back.  

People get too attached to players that aren't even here in a year or 2...see Russell and Randle...Ingram/Kuz up next.

tenor.gif

#173 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,282 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 05, 2018 - 05:45 AM

Because people have nothing to talk about.  If Lebron had an issue with playing with Lonzo and dealing with LaVar he wouldn't have signed. 

Why is the media trying hard to get the Lakers to get rid of Lonzo Ball?  I have never seen any player get attacked this much, frankly it's disgusting.  Here are a couple of articles in recent days.  Is the hate for Lavar ball that bad?

https://nypost.com/2...and-the-lakers/

and this article

http://www.chicagotr...0702-story.html

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#174 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 3,101 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted July 05, 2018 - 11:30 AM

Fk Lonzo trade him for picks
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#175 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,862 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 05, 2018 - 11:36 AM

In the context of his injury and pensing FA... no

#176 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,325 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted July 05, 2018 - 12:16 PM

Damn, you dont see anything in Lonzo?

Nah I do. it’s just.. I see more from the other two.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, July 05, 2018 - 12:18 PM.

#177 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 877 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted July 05, 2018 - 12:56 PM

Yeah f Lonzo trade him for Dame or Butler

#178 Drift

Drift

Rookie

• 250 posts
  • Name:John

Posted July 06, 2018 - 01:38 PM

I do not want to lose Ingram. I think he has the most potential

Posted Image

#179 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,288 posts

Posted July 06, 2018 - 07:49 PM

Because people have nothing to talk about.  If Lebron had an issue with playing with Lonzo and dealing with LaVar he wouldn't have signed. 

LeBron hasn't actually played with Lonzo...we don't know what was said behind closed doors.  We do know that Lonzo is not untouchable in trades.

We do know that LeBron has had verbal spats with LaVar in the past...and LeBron isn't going to put up with LaVar trying to 1-up him constantly in the media.

I'm on record as saying I don't care what LaVar says.  I do care when LaVar says something aimed at a current or future Lakers player.  If Lonzo stops co-signing everything that LaVar says, no problem.  LaVar can go back to being a loud mouth parent...I've dealt with many of them in my days...but Lonzo is a part of the Lakers.  If he's standing in a pig-pen with white shoes, he's walking out dirty.

tenor.gif

#180 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,593 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 08, 2018 - 10:47 AM

All Lonzo has to do - not even through the media to disparage his father publicly- is say in the locker room that he doesn’t agree with his father and stands with the team

ap1.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users