Photo

Would you give up Ball, Ingram and/or Kuzma for Leonard?

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#21 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,442 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 16, 2018 - 05:51 PM

Well if Phx is willing to trade that no.1 like it is being said as of late

The Suns plan to explore a potential Kawhi Leonard trade involving the No. 1 pick. (via @KevinOConnorNBA)

Just read somewhere Suns not willing to trade #1 pick. Now I have to find it.

#22 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,442 posts

Posted June 16, 2018 - 05:54 PM

Yes I would give up any of the young guys for KL. I'd even be willing to drive them to the airport. That being said can we do a sign and trade with Julius along with a another to the Spurs?

• GCMD likes this

#23 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,378 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 16, 2018 - 06:17 PM

Sure but thats ALL based on if Julius wants that.  Teams have 0 control over a sign and trade. 

Yes I would give up any of the young guys for KL. I'd even be willing to drive them to the airport. That being said can we do a sign and trade with Julius along with a another to the Spurs?

• GCMD and MaceWindu like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#24 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,409 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 16, 2018 - 08:35 PM

Yes, I'd give up 2 of those players for Kawhi.

People are infatuated with what is "possible".  They completely discount what is reality.  We HOPE Ingram or Kuzma become top 5 players in the NBA.  Kawhi IS a top 5 player in the NBA.

Plus, if you don't offer 2 of those players, you can't realistically expect SAS to make that trade.  I think landing Kawhi is worth 2 young players especially since it almost guarantees we move Deng's contract too.  

2 Birds.  1 Stone.

Not sure what the downside could possibly be (assuming Kawhi agrees to sign an extension with us).  We upgrade our talent NOW and clear finishing cleaning up the past mistakes.

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#25 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,406 posts

Posted June 16, 2018 - 08:39 PM

No.

fXlFKv8.gif

#26 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,409 posts

Posted June 16, 2018 - 08:40 PM

No.

Yes.

tenor.gif

#27 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,803 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted June 16, 2018 - 10:06 PM

No matter how you slice it, everybody wants this team to win, be it sooner or letter. These debates give me a lot of hope that the Lakers are going to able to sign a free agent (or 2) and make this team a contender.
  • GCMD likes this

#28 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 4,075 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted June 17, 2018 - 08:21 AM

Anyone who would have a problem with trading any 2 of these guys and possibly all 3 of the them (tho that isn't necessary, and won't happen) has very little understanding of the game.  It isn't any coincidence that the NBA finals every season features the best players in the game.  Kawhi is on the short list of best players in the game.  All of those guys have potential, they could work out, or they could stay exactly where they are (unlikely).  Kawhi being a great player is guaranteed, he has been a great player for many seasons and is about to enter the absolute prime of his career.  I don't think even the most myopic Laker fan would agree that Kuz, BI, or Lonzo has the potential that Kawhi has already realized.  I think the most likely move would be BI, Kuz, sign and trade Randle.  That gives the Spurs some youth on decent contracts and they can feel as good as you can about losing your best player while the Lakers get the best player that they have had since Kobe was in his prime.

• GCMD likes this

#29 Xinxin

Xinxin

Rookie

• 22 posts

Posted June 17, 2018 - 11:13 AM

Yes no doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#30 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,409 posts

Posted June 17, 2018 - 12:41 PM

Anyone who would have a problem with trading any 2 of these guys and possibly all 3 of the them (tho that isn't necessary, and won't happen) has very little understanding of the game.  It isn't any coincidence that the NBA finals every season features the best players in the game.  Kawhi is on the short list of best players in the game.  All of those guys have potential, they could work out, or they could stay exactly where they are (unlikely).  Kawhi being a great player is guaranteed, he has been a great player for many seasons and is about to enter the absolute prime of his career.  I don't think even the most myopic Laker fan would agree that Kuz, BI, or Lonzo has the potential that Kawhi has already realized.  I think the most likely move would be BI, Kuz, sign and trade Randle.  That gives the Spurs some youth on decent contracts and they can feel as good as you can about losing your best player while the Lakers get the best player that they have had since Kobe was in his prime.

Isn't Randle from Texas?  That would probably be the best possible package we could come up with, IMHO.  I'd take that over BOS's assets, TBH.  Only way BOS beats that is to offer Rozier/Tatum with some lottery pick(s).  I'm not as high on Jaylen Brown as others.

Edited by GCMD, June 17, 2018 - 12:42 PM.

tenor.gif

#31 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,396 posts

Posted June 17, 2018 - 12:53 PM

Randle picks where he goes. And the Lakers aren’t trading all 3 for Kawhi. No team will offer anything near that.

#32 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,648 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 17, 2018 - 01:12 PM

Give them whoever they want, as long as PG and Bron are coming too. 

• GCMD and MaceWindu like this

#33 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,409 posts

Posted June 17, 2018 - 06:04 PM

Randle picks where he goes. And the Lakers aren’t trading all 3 for Kawhi. No team will offer anything near that.

https://www.basketba.../randlju01.html

Julius Randle

Julius Deion Randle ▪ TwitterJ30_RANDLE

Position: Power Forward and Center ▪ Shoots: Left

6-9250lb (206cm, 113kg)

TeamLos Angeles Lakers

Born: November 291994 (Age: 23-200d) in Dallas, Texas us

College: University of Kentucky

High School: Prestonwood Christian in Plano, Texas

Recruiting Rank: 2013 (2)

Draft: Los Angeles Lakers, 1st round (7th pick, 7th overall), 2014 NBA Draft

NBA Debut: October 28, 2014

Experience: 4 years

If the Spurs are willing to pay him the right kind of money, there is no reason he would NOT want to play (relatively) near home.  He'd also be going to a state with no state income tax from a state with the highest state income tax in the United States.

I can't see him turning that down.

I agree Randle controls his destination but you haven't presented a reason he wouldn't agree if the money is right.

tenor.gif

#34 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,409 posts

Posted June 17, 2018 - 06:04 PM

Give them whoever they want, as long as PG and Bron are coming too. 

Pretty easy call, IMHO.

• bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

#35 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,442 posts

Posted June 17, 2018 - 06:30 PM

You guys think Rob and Magic can pull off some Jedi mind trick to get Julius to agree on a S&T?

#36 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,409 posts

Posted June 17, 2018 - 06:42 PM

You guys think Rob and Magic can pull off some Jedi mind trick to get Julius to agree on a S&T?

LOL...no.  What are his options?  You think he turns down a S&T to the Spurs while  ALSO getting a 5th year to go to another team for 4?

tenor.gif

#37 manaro90

manaro90

All-Star

• 5,602 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 17, 2018 - 10:01 PM

if we get lebron kahwi and pg we are going in WIN NOW MODE.

but if we are giving up kuz and ingram, WIN FUTURE is over

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#38 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,623 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 17, 2018 - 11:10 PM

How? Pg and Kl would be here last lebrons tenure. We could even trade either guys down the line of egos max out and get an even greater return. Point is.. if we get the top sf in in the game.. let’s face it we would have the top 3 out of 5 sf/two way players in the game..we would be in a winning position for YEARS to come.
  • GCMD likes this

ap1.png

#39 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,409 posts

Posted June 18, 2018 - 02:19 AM

PG is 28.

Kawhi is 27.

For reference:

KD - 29

Steph - 29

Klay - 27

Draymond - 27

First, please explain what YOU mean by "FUTURE".   2 years from now?  5? 10? 

Second, please explain why we wouldn't be able to win in the future while GSW is considered a Dynasty for the foreseeable future?  I didn't even add in LeBron who could play at an elite level for the next 3-4 years with Kawhi and Paul George as his "sidekicks".  People seem to forget that Jordan had Pippen to do a lot of the dirty work that allowed Jordan to be the best.  He didn't even make it to the NBA Finals by himself.

I bet on LeBron finding a way to beat GSW with Kawhi and Paul George.  LeBron beat GSW (w/o KD) with Kyrie and Kevin Love!  Kawhi is much better than Kyrie and PG13 is MUCH better than K-Love.  Defensively, the comparison isn't even close.

Win a few Ch'ips in this DECADE and winning in the future will take care of itself.  Ask every player in the NBA Draft when was the last year the Lakers made it to the WCF.  I'd be surprised if you find 5 players who knew the answer to that.  Why?

Those guys were in middle school or even elementary school the last time the Lakers were legit contenders.

Edited by GCMD, June 18, 2018 - 02:22 AM.

• bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

#40 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,623 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 18, 2018 - 05:12 AM

Yep - can’t type it as well ok my iPhone but I always agree with your thoughts gcmd. The state of our franchise would change but to a potential dynasty and barring freak injuries there’s no way we wouldn’t be the all time leader in championship banners at the end of that and maybe be ahead a couple when the dust clears

ap1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users