48 replies to this topic

#1 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,553 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 05, 2018 - 09:07 PM

[Wojnarowski] LeBron James and Paul George will have a conversation about teaming up together in Los Angeles closer to July

Source: ESPN Draft Special

Think the credibility of Woj merits its own topic

Edited by bfc1125roy, June 05, 2018 - 09:07 PM.

• Persian Gulf likes this

#2 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,553 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 05, 2018 - 09:21 PM

Start at 28:00

#3 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,625 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 05, 2018 - 09:54 PM

Bron staying East

#4 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,573 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted June 06, 2018 - 05:38 AM

I think that it's common sense that these two will discuss teaming up regardless of if it's in LA.
  • GCMD, fido, Jody Smokes and 1 other like this

#5 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,161 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 06, 2018 - 09:46 AM

Wouldn't it be interesting if a team that has cap space, young players and wanted LeBron leaked the info about Colangelo?

LeBron has trust issues with Execs.

Philly has 2 very good players and a max slot.

If Philly allowed their GM to do things like that, would LeBron and his FAMILY want to put themselves in that situation?

If I were a former SuperAgent or Legendary player with connections and sources around the NBA and I wanted to hurt direct competition...

tenor.gif

#6 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,771 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted June 06, 2018 - 09:57 AM

It could all be a ploy to get his old GM. All.speculation though

#7 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,147 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 06, 2018 - 10:32 AM

Woj didn't actually say this would happen, rather he said it's something they'd have to do. 

• MaceWindu likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#8 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,874 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 06, 2018 - 10:44 AM

Wouldn't it be interesting if a team that has cap space, young players and wanted LeBron leaked the info about Colangelo?

LeBron has trust issues with Execs.

Philly has 2 very good players and a max slot.

If Philly allowed their GM to do things like that, would LeBron and his FAMILY want to put themselves in that situation?

If I were a former SuperAgent or Legendary player with connections and sources around the NBA and I wanted to hurt direct competition...

It would be interesting but it was internal, it wasn't done by an opposing NBA Franchise.

Some of the tweets and accounts were made several years ago.  Long before Magic and Pelinka were even in the FO.

#9 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,625 posts

Posted June 06, 2018 - 11:26 AM

Woj didn't actually say this would happen, rather he said it's something they'd have to do.

Right

#10 martin90

martin90

Off The Bench

• 2,106 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 06, 2018 - 01:04 PM

i don't think there is much competence to sign both if they decide to play together, no other team has the cap space.

• DaSmoothOperator likes this

#11 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,879 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted June 06, 2018 - 02:17 PM

Agree but I’d say players do discuss what certain combos and destinations.

#12 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,147 posts

Posted June 06, 2018 - 02:27 PM

I honestly dont think players that are in the middle of a series and trying to win are discussing free agency.  That's something fans think about.  When PG was trying to beat Utah do you think he was trying to think about where he was gonna ball next year?  

• KidRN likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#13 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,996 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 06, 2018 - 02:34 PM

Perhaps it's a passing thought but not something they're focusing on. Come mid June they'll be talking to each other. Not just LeBron and PG but NBA players in general.

#14 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,147 posts

Posted June 06, 2018 - 04:12 PM

Oh sure but I seriously doubt Lebron and PG are talking anytime before the season is over.  These guys believe they can win when they play.  Well the best players do.  

Perhaps it's a passing thought but not something they're focusing on. Come mid June they'll be talking to each other. Not just LeBron and PG but NBA players in general.

#15 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,213 posts

Posted June 06, 2018 - 05:33 PM

LeBron and PG talked last summer about teaming up in CLE. They’ll talk again.

Who knows what LeBron is thinking. He most likely doesn’t even know what he’s doing yet. I personally think it’s LA, Houston or Cleveland. Winning matters, and the guy has also come out and said his family is the most important thing and it’ll be a collective decision. He’s got 2 fat cribs in Brentwood and there were rumors he was checking out a private school not too far from the area a while ago. As much as he’s dominating the East it’s hard for me to keep ignoring small details. Keep in mind he was visiting Cleveland schools in 2014 before returning there. Like I said, who knows. July is almost here.

#16 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,161 posts

Posted June 06, 2018 - 06:24 PM

It would be interesting but it was internal, it wasn't done by an opposing NBA Franchise.

Some of the tweets and accounts were made several years ago.  Long before Magic and Pelinka were even in the FO.

I was talking about exposing it.  Even if it was internal, that doesn't mean someone, like a Super Agent, wouldn't know.  Anonymous tip to Silver who tells Philly to clean it up or he will have.

Remember, Colangelo was put there by the NBA...lots of egg on their face if they had to investigate their own personnel decision...

tenor.gif

#17 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,342 posts

Posted June 06, 2018 - 07:52 PM

Organizing such a move means "title or bust" in LA. Neither Lebron has what it takes to pull it, nor Lakers has what it takes to win in 1st year. It wouldn't make sense for Lebron, but it would be a great coverage for media. That is why they are so hell-bent on trying to sell Lakers to him.

I think Lebron has finally hit the wall. He is 34. If he wants to continue ring-chasing, he should go to Houston. But he has nothing to show for it story-wise. I'm not sure how much he considers his family at this point either.

fXlFKv8.gif

#18 martin90

martin90

Off The Bench

• 2,106 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 06, 2018 - 07:59 PM

Lebron is calling PG right now

#19 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,625 posts

Posted June 06, 2018 - 09:28 PM

Man. I want KD.

#20 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,460 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted June 07, 2018 - 06:15 AM

LeBron and PG talked last summer about teaming up in CLE. They’ll talk again.

Who knows what LeBron is thinking. He most likely doesn’t even know what he’s doing yet. I personally think it’s LA, Houston or Cleveland. Winning matters, and the guy has also come out and said his family is the most important thing and it’ll be a collective decision. He’s got 2 fat cribs in Brentwood and there were rumors he was checking out a private school not too far from the area a while ago. As much as he’s dominating the East it’s hard for me to keep ignoring small details. Keep in mind he was visiting Cleveland schools in 2014 before returning there. Like I said, who knows. July is almost here.

Notre Dame HS.  I mentioned back when this story broke, i grew up like 4-5 blocks from there. 

Didn't go there as it was private and i went to public schools. (Did play a lot of tennis there on their outdoor courts)

Also, this is at least a 25 minute drive from brentwood

To me its the best indication he is at a minimum, seriously considering Lakers.

Edited by kball, June 07, 2018 - 06:17 AM.

• Massacre likes this

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users