#181 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,852 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 18, 2018 - 11:46 AM

Giving credit where it is due, Danny Ainge is an excellent GM.  He's built a solid roster that would have owned the East and at least been competitive in the finals without injuries.  Trade down to take Tatum and get a draft pick, trade aging stars for high draft picks, pull the trigger on the Kyrie deal at just the right time, unloading an overachiving IT and weakening an opponent all in one move.  Recent FA signings of Horford and Baynes.  

The Celtics are still sitting on a mountain of draft picks (4 first round picks next year) and tradeable young talent.

And Stevens ... he's the reason they have gotten this far.

Young talent, excellent coach and draft picks.  Hard to pull that off.  

Credit to Danny Ainge is certainly deserved, but at the same time, the NETS franchise is so TRASH!

3 first round draft picks traded for 2 declining All-Stars in Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnet.  That will probably go down as one of the biggest heist in history.  What Ainge did with those picks though is even better.

• bfc1125roy, LakerGeezer and lakerfan98 like this

#182 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,490 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 18, 2018 - 12:09 PM

Credit to Danny Ainge is certainly deserved, but at the same time, the NETS franchise is so TRASH!

3 first round draft picks traded for 2 declining All-Stars in Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnet.  That will probably go down as one of the biggest heist in history.  What Ainge did with those picks though is even better.

Not to mention the pick swap + lack of protection on all those picks.

#183 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,358 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted May 21, 2018 - 06:21 AM

Holding Rockets to under 90 points is pretty damn impressive.

Love how pretty much anyone on GS can get a rebound (or a pass off a rebound) and either ball handle down the court or make a pass to a teammate in better position to do something.

How many minutes has zaza or javelle even played this series. 

Not many

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#184 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,841 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 23, 2018 - 12:48 PM

great game last night...hoping this goes 7

harden continues to disappoint when the [expletive] really hits the fan though, and that's a bit concerning

cp3 continues to be one of my favorite players going today

Posted Image

#185 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,330 posts

Posted May 23, 2018 - 06:32 PM

Tatum is so damn good.

fXlFKv8.gif

#186 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,973 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 24, 2018 - 07:26 PM

This was a great game but God all this flopping down the stretch. I feel like an old man somebody nut up and make a friggin shot. Quit falling down praying for a whistle. Bunch of [expletive]es lol

Edited by lakerfan98, May 24, 2018 - 07:29 PM.

• Olabebeh likes this

#187 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,358 posts

Posted May 25, 2018 - 04:58 AM

Never saw anyone so unhappy (CP3) after a HUGE win.

If he plays any more games this playoffs i'd be very surprised.

Got to be hurting bad after that fall.

• LakerGeezer likes this

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#188 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,854 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted May 25, 2018 - 07:15 AM

Never saw anyone so unhappy (CP3) after a HUGE win.

If he plays any more games this playoffs i'd be very surprised.

Got to be hurting bad after that fall.

While the supporting cast was never up to it either, you could almost count on a CP3 injury during the POs while he was a Clipper.  That roster was built like a house of cards, and CP3 was a part of that.  Despite his history, Houston bet he could avoid injury at critical times, not looking good right now.  It would be a shame if he is done for the season, I love watching GSW get challenged.

#189 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,182 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 25, 2018 - 09:36 AM

I like that he wasn't beaming.  It's just one win in a series, nowhere near the goal they have in mind.  I don't want my players happy or jumping around after one win.  If/when you win the whole thing and accomplish your goal, then you can be happy.  Until then, it's just another day at work.  A better day for sure, but nothing to freak out about.

#190 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,844 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted May 25, 2018 - 12:22 PM

CP3 out game 6.

#191 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,358 posts

Posted May 25, 2018 - 12:58 PM

CP3 out game 6.

Wow.

Pretty early to call.

Surprised Houston didn't wait till last second to announce

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#192 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 27,855 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 25, 2018 - 06:54 PM

Damn Lebron.  That was dirty.

• Persian Gulf and lakerfan98 like this

#193 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,844 posts

Posted May 26, 2018 - 01:20 PM

Love out of game 7.

#194 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,852 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 26, 2018 - 05:34 PM

I'm in complete and utter shock at what these Rockets have been able to accomplish.

Never have a seen them in the entire regular season buckle up on defense like they have these past few games.  They've completely altered the style of play at which the Warriors play and have made them completely stagnant and more importantly turnover prone.  Love or hate CP3 (I haven't been a fan of his since he joined the Clippers and took on that flopper/arrogant mentality) however he's instilled toughness and grit into that Rockets rotation.

I'll be the first to ear my words cause I never thought the Rockets would be able to do this.  I saw a 4-1 Warriors win with ease.  SHEESH

#195 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,530 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 26, 2018 - 07:34 PM

Warriors die this to themselves a bit. Like the Lakers dynasty or Heat dynasty... They can be a soft team in terms of effort an heart.
Of course this follows a title. You can't muster up the hunger of a team like Houston but when backs against the wall... They beat Houston silly.

#196 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,314 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted May 26, 2018 - 07:39 PM

game 7! lets go. 

#197 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,174 posts

Posted May 26, 2018 - 10:40 PM

Whether Chris Paul plays or not he won’t be close to 100%. Sucks for Houston, as much as I doubted them I think they have/had GS shook. When evaluating that team, all we (I) looked at was their offense, but their defense has come a long way and is the reason they’re 3-3. Game 7 will be nuts.

#198 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,557 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted May 27, 2018 - 11:20 AM

Seeing cp3 and imagine what Kobe could’ve had still makes me mad

ap1.png

#199 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,844 posts

Posted May 27, 2018 - 11:42 AM

Seeing cp3 and imagine what Kobe could’ve had still makes me mad

Right? [expletive]... Instead we have 4 years straight of garbage

#200 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,530 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 27, 2018 - 01:07 PM

Whether Chris Paul plays or not he won’t be close to 100%. Sucks for Houston, as much as I doubted them I think they have/had GS shook. When evaluating that team, all we (I) looked at was their offense, but their defense has come a long way and is the reason they’re 3-3. Game 7 will be nuts.

I disagree. GS blew leads late in 2 of those losses , mostly by being less disciplined than they should.

Like they played the right way then starting playing hero ball. If both team plays the right way... GS wins in 5.
I think Iggy is key for GS in that sense. If Draymond is the heart of the team... Iggy is the brain...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users