Photo

What are your preferences for the Lakers' rebuild?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: What are your preferences for the Lakers' rebuild? (29 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your rebuild preference among the options below?

1. Randle, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart, no Free Agent signings this year (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart, no Free Agent signings this year (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Randle, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart + Paul George (12 votes [41.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.38%

4. Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart + Paul George (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Randle, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart + Paul George + Lebron James (11 votes [37.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.93%

6. Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart + Paul George + Lebron James (1 votes [3.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

7. Randle, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart + Paul George + DeAndre Jordan (2 votes [6.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

8. Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart + Paul George + DeAndre Jordan (2 votes [6.90%] - View)

9. Other (Please specify in thread) (1 votes [3.45%] - View)

Would you want to see Lebron James in Lakers uniform?

1. Yes (11 votes [37.93%] - View)

2. No (7 votes [24.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

3. Only under certain conditions (11 votes [37.93%] - View)

What is the likelihood that Paul George will wear the Lakers jersey next year?

1. Most definitely (4 votes [13.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

2. Good possibility (21 votes [72.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.41%

3. Slim chance (3 votes [10.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

4. No way (1 votes [3.45%] - View)

What is the likelihood that Lakers will be a contender in next 2 seasons?

1. Most definitely (4 votes [13.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

2. Good possibility (17 votes [58.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.62%

3. Slim chance (8 votes [27.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

4. No way (0 votes [0.00%])

Would you consider trading one of the core players (Ingram, Ball, Kuzma) in order to lure a star/superstar?

1. No (18 votes [62.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.07%

2. Only Ingram (2 votes [6.90%] - View)

3. Only Ball (2 votes [6.90%] - View)

4. Only Kuzma (2 votes [6.90%] - View)

5. I would consider trading multiple of them (5 votes [17.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 8,461 posts

Posted February 11, 2018 - 02:30 AM

What are your preferences for the Lakers' rebuild? The votes are public. The more votes come in, the healthier spread we can achieve. So please try to vote all questions.

fXlFKv8.gif

#2 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,745 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 11, 2018 - 09:09 AM

What are your preferences for the Lakers' rebuild? The votes are public. The more votes come in, the healthier spread we can achieve. So please try to vote all questions.

You are not providing all of the options with your questions.  Not everyone wants to answer all of these questions they way you have put them or with the choices you've provided.

1) Rebuild - 2 max players this offseason keeping all of our young players (including Randle for the right price)

2) LeBron - yes

3) PG13 - likely if another star comes too.  Not very likely if by himself.

4) Contenders in 2 yrs - yes if we land 2 max FAs.  No if we don't.

5) Trade a core player - yes for the right player but only after we have signed 2 max free agents.  No if we don't sign 2 max free agents.

• KidRN likes this

tenor.gif

#3 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,787 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 11, 2018 - 11:02 AM

1) Rebuild - PG13 + LBJ (or Cousins) + Randle

2) LeBron - Yes

3) PG13 - Slim chance because we have to show we can WIN (i.e. sign LBJ)

4) Contenders in 2 yrs - Slim chance because we have to sign two max FAs and keep Randle. Would require all things going in our favor, which is rare.

5) Trade a core player - Yes. If we could get a guy like Leonard, Davis, etc. I absolutely would. Don't overrate our young talent like we have in the past. 

#4 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,008 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 11, 2018 - 12:41 PM

Randle the kids George and Brook Lopez
  • Jody Smokes likes this

#5 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,118 posts

Posted February 11, 2018 - 02:15 PM

I’m slowly becoming anti Jordan because of his age. His skill set would be nice but price and age I’m not sure suit where we’re at in this rebuild

For me I like a couple avenues

George, lebron, Randle is the most exciting for me.

George, cousins and Randle is probably my 2nd favorite. If George comes here he knows it’s a process and since cousins is young we can wait out his recovery.

George, Randle, thomas and Lopez is another option I’d like. I’d imagine something like this

Lopez/ Randle
Randle/ kuzma
Ingram/ kuzma
George/ hart
Ball/ Thomas

That’s pretty much it for me.
Posted Image

#6 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,688 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 11, 2018 - 04:29 PM

You are not providing all of the options with your questions.  Not everyone wants to answer all of these questions they way you have put them or with the choices you've provided.

1) Rebuild - 2 max players this offseason keeping all of our young players (including Randle for the right price)
2) LeBron - yes
3) PG13 - likely if another star comes too.  Not very likely if by himself.
4) Contenders in 2 yrs - yes if we land 2 max FAs.  No if we don't.
5) Trade a core player - yes for the right player but only after we have signed 2 max free agents.  No if we don't sign 2 max free agents.

WOW!

100% agree with this

I'd add that we try to keep IT as well...for the right price of course
  • GCMD likes this

#7 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,685 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted February 11, 2018 - 04:53 PM

Keep & build around Deng, Ennis and Caruso

#8 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,505 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 11, 2018 - 05:27 PM

As big as I am on winning I'd prefer we didn't sign Lebron and hope he stays in CLE.  I want a fun and organic situation we can cheer for years to come. Lebron feels like a hired hand.  The next 3-4 years will be his last.  I also think a team full of guys that want to be dominant is not a good thing.  Paul George by himself is enough to allow Kuzma, Ingram and Ball to find their games.  Add Lebron to that mix then everyone has to become something else. 

That's great if Lebron is 26-27.  At this stage I just don't want to root for a team built around an older Lebron.  Regardless if it means running into the Warriors next year and challenging them.  I want Kuz, BI and Ball to be the guys that spearhead the next big Lakers run. 

• FranklinPeanuts, Saber, JGuez and 3 others like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#9 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 770 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Lonzo Ball BBB!

Posted February 11, 2018 - 05:32 PM

1. 2 max contracts (LeBron and PG)
2. Let Julius walk (I think his price will be too high). Save money for other things , see 3 below.
3. Gamble on DMC 1 year contract (it took Kobe 8+ months to come back from that and he’s smaller, lighter and a work out nut. Giving DMC a year which puts his comeback at 1/2019, but might be worth a 1 year gamble)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#10 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,685 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted February 11, 2018 - 07:50 PM

As big as I am on winning I'd prefer we didn't sign Lebron and hope he stays in CLE.  I want a fun and organic situation we can cheer for years to come. Lebron feels like a hired hand.  The next 3-4 years will be his last.  I also think a team full of guys that want to be dominant is not a good thing.  Paul George by himself is enough to allow Kuzma, Ingram and Ball to find their games.  Add Lebron to that mix then everyone has to become something else. 

That's great if Lebron is 26-27.  At this stage I just don't want to root for a team built around an older Lebron.  Regardless if it means running into the Warriors next year and challenging them.  I want Kuz, BI and Ball to be the guys that spearhead the next big Lakers run. 

100%

This is exactly what Ive been saying and have gotten ripped for "not wanting Bron."

• MaceWindu likes this

#11 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,899 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted February 11, 2018 - 10:38 PM

All this LBJ coming to LA... I wonder how Kuz and Ingram must feel about that? I mean, those are "the corner stone for the future" and "the untouchable" according to this FO.
Saying no to LBJ could be a huge mistake, the guy takes your team to the playoffs for sure. But watching all this Cleveland drama, Ingram getting really better, Kuz as a real talent, it is not an easy choice.
Of course Magic and Rob will go for it, buy I'm not convinced is the right way to move forward.

#12 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,664 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 01:47 AM

As big as I am on winning I'd prefer we didn't sign Lebron and hope he stays in CLE. I want a fun and organic situation we can cheer for years to come. Lebron feels like a hired hand. The next 3-4 years will be his last. I also think a team full of guys that want to be dominant is not a good thing. Paul George by himself is enough to allow Kuzma, Ingram and Ball to find their games. Add Lebron to that mix then everyone has to become something else.

That's great if Lebron is 26-27. At this stage I just don't want to root for a team built around an older Lebron. Regardless if it means running into the Warriors next year and challenging them. I want Kuz, BI and Ball to be the guys that spearhead the next big Lakers run.

Pretty much this, but a lot of guys are so desperate to win that they’ll accept anything. Never really understood that from a fans perspective. I want my team to win, sure, but I want it to feel earned and organic. I’m seeing more and more people weirdly obsessed with it.

Look at the last 10 rings. Yeah we had Shaq and Kareem, but Magic and Kobe both came up thru the org and they were true “Lakers.” As corny as it sounds. Especially with LeBron, who is already established and already late into his career...would almost seem like a cheat code. Part of the process and being a fan are the ups and downs. Before we three peated, Shaq and Kobe got spanked by Malone and Jazz and the Twin Towers. Kobe lost to Phoenix, then we finally landed Gasol (who I liken to PG...both can be embraced by the city and didn’t have the body of work to be recognized as all-time greats just yet) to get us over the hump. A lot of you want to build something overnight with Bron...just don’t get it. That ain’t our guy...and that would probably be the cheapest ring this franchise ever won.

Edited by Massacre, February 12, 2018 - 01:50 AM.

• JGuez, K-Kris, Jody Smokes and 1 other like this

#13 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 8,461 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 04:43 AM

It is quite incredible to see that Jody came to argue the point which I've discussed with him at length 3-4 months ago. It shows me there is still hope GCMD will come around some day.

fXlFKv8.gif

#14 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,688 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 12, 2018 - 06:44 AM

It is quite incredible to see that Jody came to argue the point which I've discussed with him at length 3-4 months ago. It shows me there is still hope GCMD will come around some day.

No way GCMD will say something as insane as "I dont want Lebron on the Lakers."

PG will be on his third team, so would Boogie. Everybody wanted KD a few years ago as well. Nobody said this about Nash or Howard either.

I think that this feeling you guys are having is based on the fear that Bron will somehow surpass Kobe in Laker history. Which makes very little sense.
  • GCMD likes this

#15 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,505 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 12, 2018 - 06:53 AM

We never made the same point though.  A lot of you guys just simply didn't want Lebron b/c you didn't like him or you didn't want him to "challenge" Kobe's legacy lol.  There were guys on this board saying this in 2014 when he first became a free agent.  Back then there wouldn't have been any logical argument against signing him if you could. 

• JGuez and Rekal like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#16 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,899 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 10:45 AM

That's not enterely true. There were guys not sold on LBJ because they wanted this kids to develop together, as a team, and saw him as a problem for that. Seeing him as a diva that may bring trouble is not just to dislike him, I mean that side of him is getting pretty visible and because of that it was and it is ok to have doubts about bringing him.

#17 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,745 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 01:09 PM

LeBron at age 34 would be the best PF in the NBA offensively and defensively and it wouldn't even be close...if you provide me a good enough reason, I won't want LeBron.  Wanting the kids to grow up ASSUMES one of them has the potential to reach LeBron status, EVER.

2-3 years of LeBron as a top 3 player in the NBA is almost guaranteed.

2-3 years of Ball/Ingram/Kuzma as a top 3 player in the NBA is not.

I don't care about people's subjective opinion about how we win.  Only SPOILED LAKERS fans talk about wanting to compete ON THEIR TERMS!!!!   LOL...as if competition is our birth right?

LeBron and PG give us a legit chance to win.

Kuzma, Ingram and Lonzo - even if they went into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber Goku uses to reach new Super Saiyan, there is no guarantee they EVER reach that level.

Let's make this clear:  I'm not advocating trading any of them.  I believe adding PG13 and LeBron helps the young guys, not hurts them.  This isn't the same situation as Kobe.  I was FIRMLY against Kobe's extension and I felt he should have retired after the Achilles' injury.  We'd be much farther along if he had.

tenor.gif

#18 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,008 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 12, 2018 - 01:20 PM

Defensively Bron is the best PF?

Kd better. Draymond better. Julius already better.

Also kd kust better. Period
  • Jody Smokes likes this

#19 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,745 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 01:29 PM

Defensively Bron is the best PF?

Kd better. Draymond better. Julius already better.

Also kd kust better. Period

I rarely respond to your posts.  This is exactly the reason why.

tenor.gif

#20 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,899 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 01:35 PM

LeBron's D has been terrible this season, it's like he doesn't even care. Reminds me a lot of Kobe's final years.

Edited by ChichoGarcy, February 12, 2018 - 01:36 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Tensai