The perfect season for the Lakers would be:
1) Signing Paul George to a 3 year (guaranteed) at $23M/yr with a team option (meaning he is a Laker if WE want, if we don't he's a FA) on a 4th year for $16.5M with $5M's worth of performance based bonuses for Year 4
2) Signing Demarcus Cousins to a 2 year (guaranteed) deal with Year 1 paying him $12.5M and Year 2 paying him $30.5M with a team option on Year 3 for $25M with $5M's worth of performance based bonuses
3) Trading Luol Deng along with draft picks to the Atlanta Hawks (the Hawks will do it)
4) Picking up Liangelo Ball off waivers after the draft (hoping Mark Cuban or Pat Riley doesn't draft him just to spite us) and put him on the G-League
5) Begin a dialogue with RC Buford on Kawhi Leonard, and actually broker some sort of deal giving them Brandon Ingram and a future conditional 2nd round pick 3 seasons from now (the condition being, if we are less than a .500 team at a time, they do not get the pick and we keep it)
6) Sign some sort of B- PG to a 4 year contract paying off $20M total. This will give us leverage on Lonzo and Lavar as a sort of, if you want to leave cause we won't sign the brothers and let Lavar Ball become President of basketball operations, we are more than fine letting Lonzo go. We got enough good players.
7) Keep cancer LeBron out of the Lakers. F U LeBron. Where were you when we needed you? Where were you when Kobe was hurt and past his prime? Now that the fruit is ripe your trying to come along and enjoy a free ride. F U. Go juice up on your "organic supplements" somewhere else and force that team to sign your useless friends alongside with you. You cancer.
I'm not if some of those contract provisions would be possible, but generally, the players we go after, and the price ranges should be something like that.
If all those things happened would we be title contenders? HELL YEAH we'd be title contenders. Sure it would take 25 games or so for the guys to gel. But it would be dissappointing if we didn't win the title.
If Cousins injury will give us leverage in the negotiations we should go for it just as long as we don't overcommitt. If he can still give 14/12 a game still demanding double teams in the post, he will have been worth it on a short term deal, and he wouldn't be hard to trade if he got a long term deal, so long as he can at least get 10/10 and there's only 1 year left on his deal.
Edited by dbtbandit67, April 04, 2018 - 11:11 PM.