113 replies to this topic

#101 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,008 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 15, 2018 - 11:32 PM

He scored very well his last game and prior to this he was immediately thrown out

Think before you talk
  • MaceWindu likes this

#102 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,787 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 16, 2018 - 01:41 AM

Sadly he's probably still our best player

#103 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,688 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 16, 2018 - 05:52 AM

IT needs to understand he's not an all-star anymore, his days in Boston are gone. Come from the bench and produce in some way, and don't play like you're in the best version of yourself because you definetely aren't. I really miss Lonzo :( and I'm starting to worry about the effect that IT has on the team, on both ends. JC was a ball hog, but at least he could get buckets. If the little guy can't score, he's not good to us at all, he just doesn't have much more to offer.

lol it's one game bro

Lonzo has put up shooting performances like that for half the damn season but we cant judge him yet!

Let IT get back healthy

Edited by KidRN, February 16, 2018 - 05:53 AM.

• PurpleNgoldBanners and MaceWindu like this

#104 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,249 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 16, 2018 - 07:11 AM

It is clear he isn't 100% and you can see his rhythm is off. Only 2 games. You can't judge him off those two games.
  • GCMD likes this

#105 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,688 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 16, 2018 - 07:54 AM

It is clear he isn't 100% and you can see his rhythm is off. Only 2 games. You can't judge him off those two games.

Well the first game he played really well

#106 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,334 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 16, 2018 - 08:24 AM

ok isaiah thomas was the cancer of cleveland and since yesterdays game in minneapolis i can say we got the cancer now...

urghhhhhhhhhhhh

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#107 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,602 posts

Posted February 16, 2018 - 09:59 AM

Lakers got another D’Angelo Russell on their hands.
  • UKUGA likes this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#108 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,814 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 16, 2018 - 10:21 AM

IT needs to understand he's not an all-star anymore, his days in Boston are gone. Come from the bench and produce in some way, and don't play like you're in the best version of yourself because you definetely aren't. I really miss Lonzo :( and I'm starting to worry about the effect that IT has on the team, on both ends. JC was a ball hog, but at least he could get buckets. If the little guy can't score, he's not good to us at all, he just doesn't have much more to offer.

I think he still moves well, but his shot is off because he's out of rhythm.  Pretty impressive the work he did with Zubac.

Let's get him a home game, with the crowd behind him, and see what happens.

I'll be honest, though; not only have we lost 3 straight games with him on the roster, but 2 of those 3 we should have won.  However, our defense disappeared and IT couldn't buy a bucket in the second half of either game. 

I understand why he keeps shooting, but this has to be about more than just him trying to get a long-term deal when the season is over.   

• ChichoGarcy likes this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#109 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 2,938 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted February 16, 2018 - 10:51 AM

He needs to develop chemistry with the players here....he's already doing it with Zubac. He's a PnR PG. Yeah, we got one of those again. He's not Lonzo (who is not a PnR PG). 

Anyways, a PnR PG has his uses. Luke needs to devise optimal lineups to put another IT to maximize his impact. 

• GCMD and UKUGA like this

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#110 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,249 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted February 16, 2018 - 10:59 AM

He needs to develop chemistry with the players here....he's already doing it with Zubac. He's a PnR PG. Yeah, we got one of those again. He's not Lonzo (who is not a PnR PG).

Anyways, a PnR PG has his uses. Luke needs to devise optimal lineups to put another IT to maximize his impact.

Werd.

His 1st game...he was used very well.. coming off screens and all. Last nights game, he was trying to do to much.. the PnR game was nice when it was executed
  • GCMD and kray28 like this

#111 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,487 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted February 16, 2018 - 01:56 PM

this is basically why we need Ball back and for him to step up his performance. We want Isaiah to essentially play like ball - control his shot choices, push the ball, be competitive defensively. I really wanna see I.T play SG and Ball at point.

ap1.png

#112 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,745 posts

Posted February 16, 2018 - 07:08 PM

this is basically why we need Ball back and for him to step up his performance. We want Isaiah to essentially play like ball - control his shot choices, push the ball, be competitive defensively. I really wanna see I.T play SG and Ball at point.

I understand what you're saying but I think you mean you want IT to play scoring guard next to Lonzo.  IT at the 2 is like the Lakers playing 4 on 5 defensively.  We'd give up much more than we'd score.

I have no doubt that Lonzo/IT backcourt will get some burn...

Edited by GCMD, February 16, 2018 - 07:09 PM.

tenor.gif

#113 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,880 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted Today, 05:31 AM

Phil would skip having practices during the season on back to backs and long road trips but I don't think we ever went without practicing at all during the season.

I know they say Phil and his Lakers teams never practiced defense...

I remember watching a laker practice at the old training facility maybe around '06 early during the season.

About 200 of us sitting on metal bleachers.

Team was spread out on half the floor about every 5 feet apart below the 3 point line using those roller mats.

Someone from the coaching staff says this is what the team does to 'loosen up'.

Everyone in the stands is whisper quiet...

So i yell out, Looks like their defensive scheme from last year.

I was really proud of that one.

(May have the year wrong but i remember Kobe was injured and didn't practice. Got a big ovation when he came out though)

• GCMD likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#114 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,745 posts

Posted Today, 08:41 AM

I remember watching a laker practice at the old training facility maybe around '06 early during the season.

About 200 of us sitting on metal bleachers.

Team was spread out on half the floor about every 5 feet apart below the 3 point line using those roller mats.

Someone from the coaching staff says this is what the team does to 'loosen up'.

Everyone in the stands is whisper quiet...

So i yell out, Looks like their defensive scheme from last year.

I was really proud of that one.

(May have the year wrong but i remember Kobe was injured and didn't practice. Got a big ovation when he came out though)

You weren't wrong, though.

tenor.gif

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users