351 replies to this topic

#41 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,185 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 09, 2018 - 07:54 PM

you guys need to learn what trolling means

A person that says things that are obviously meant to rile up people and cause discord.  I know because people try to label me that way though I present logic and rational thought, not controversy.  

You have a reason for your pessimism but that's not the same as there being no reason for others to have optimism.  That's what you're missing.  Not everyone wants to look at things "glass half empty" and there is nothing wrong with that.

We just made a major trade that accomplished everything we wanted to do, had 2 teams accuse us of "tampering" and have the room to sign 2 max players while having one of those players (PG13) already say he's LIKELY coming to LA.

Not sure why you're so incensed by optimism...if anything, your pessimism is less rational, given recent developments.  You're pretending nothing has changed when it has.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.  The plan may be the same but we are OBVIOUSLY doing things differently.

Edited by GCMD, February 09, 2018 - 07:55 PM.

• UKUGA, kray28, Xinxin and 2 others like this

tenor.gif

#42 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,888 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 09, 2018 - 08:21 PM

Lol fo sho! The FO has done very well esp gaining a pick, no one knows who and why FA’s choose their teams. LA is a desirable locale imo. The picks and trades have all been wise, hoping IT surprises! Frye is a great locker room guy too so that’s a plus, a late 1st round pick better than no pick!!
  • UKUGA likes this

#43 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted February 09, 2018 - 09:06 PM

A person that says things that are obviously meant to rile up people and cause discord.  I know because people try to label me that way though I present logic and rational thought, not controversy.  

Its almost as if you're a stable genius. 

• GCMD likes this

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#44 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted February 10, 2018 - 06:42 AM

You have a reason for your pessimism but that's not the same as there being no reason for others to have optimism.  That's what you're missing.  Not everyone wants to look at things "glass half empty" and there is nothing wrong with that.

We just made a major trade that accomplished everything we wanted to do, had 2 teams accuse us of "tampering" and have the room to sign 2 max players while having one of those players (PG13) already say he's LIKELY coming to LA.

Not sure why you're so incensed by optimism...if anything, your pessimism is less rational, given recent developments.  You're pretending nothing has changed when it has.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.  The plan may be the same but we are OBVIOUSLY doing things differently.

THIS.

Preach!

• GCMD likes this

#45 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,587 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 10, 2018 - 07:42 AM

CAP SPACE!!!

Part 3
  • Jackson likes this

#46 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 11,777 posts

Posted February 10, 2018 - 08:38 AM

Where is Channing Frye's thread?

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#47 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,996 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 10, 2018 - 09:58 AM

Even if we don't sign a star it's apparent that this FO has confidence and direction.  There's a reason behind everything they do. 

The previous regime made some solid moves getting Lin and a pick, signing Lou Williams, trading Lou Williams, drafting well.  But they also made some really stupid moves and it felt like we were in a sort of purgatory regarding the future of the team.  Having Kobe around didn't help but still.  When they signed Deng and Moz they sealed their fate.

Rob seems like he's got multiple backup plans for every scenario.  Cap space and flexibility may be a tired mantra but from top to bottom the Laker organization is in a much better position then it was 2-3 years ago.  

• GCMD likes this

#48 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts

Posted February 10, 2018 - 10:14 AM

Even if we don't sign a star it's apparent that this FO has confidence and direction.  There's a reason behind everything they do. 

The previous regime made some solid moves getting Lin and a pick, signing Lou Williams, trading Lou Williams, drafting well.  But they also made some really stupid moves and it felt like we were in a sort of purgatory regarding the future of the team.  Having Kobe around didn't help but still.  When they signed Deng and Moz they sealed their fate.

Rob seems like he's got multiple backup plans for every scenario.  Cap space and flexibility may be a tired mantra but from top to bottom the Laker organization is in a much better position then it was 2-3 years ago.  

Speaking of Pelinka, did anyone see him CRINGE when reporters asked him and magic if they tried to unload Deng and his contract.

Magic burst out laughing, Rob Cringed at Magic's display of lack of self control, and Magic had to quickly dial it down and say the team is trying to do whats best for both the lakers and Deng.

It was good tv

Edited by kball, February 10, 2018 - 10:15 AM.

• GCMD and lakerfan98 like this

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#49 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,474 posts

Posted February 10, 2018 - 10:23 AM

Deng is actually very similar to the Nash deal. Both guys coming off resurgent years and the lakers thought it would continue.

Deng also in all honesty was younger at 31

It’s still kinda surprising that he’s gone south so fast. Granted. In reality deng could easily be our backup 4. But the lakers have like banned him lol
Posted Image

#50 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,192 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted February 10, 2018 - 12:48 PM

Deng is actually very similar to the Nash deal. Both guys coming off resurgent years and the lakers thought it would continue.

Deng also in all honesty was younger at 31

It’s still kinda surprising that he’s gone south so fast. Granted. In reality deng could easily be our backup 4. But the lakers have like banned him lol

I think Deng is older than we know

#51 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts

Posted February 10, 2018 - 01:11 PM

Dude is a ghost that Deng

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#52 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,844 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 10, 2018 - 02:26 PM

Isaiah Thomas taking the high road:

http://www.espn.com/...-angeles-lakers

Thomas said he wants to be a starter, but doesn't want to disrupt the Lakers' current momentum as they've won 12 of their past 16 games. He had dinner with head coach Luke Walton in Dallas on Friday night.

"This is the best they have been playing," Thomas said. "I don't want to mess anything up. And I told [Walton] that. Whatever he needs me to do, I am willing to do that.

"Yes, I would love to be a starter. I feel like I deserve that and earned that. But at the same time, it's a new chapter for me. I am here to help this team, help these young guys, continue to be professional, continue to work hard and continue to gel together."

"It kind of reminds me of the same situation when I got traded to Boston: It was a young team that was thinking rebuild, but we had some different thoughts than that and we made a push to the playoffs. That is my job, to come to this team and bring that spirit, that fire, that killer's mentality and just understand that we can take advantage of this opportunity that we have [the rest of] the season. It's about winning and it is about winning right now."

#53 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,185 posts

Posted February 10, 2018 - 03:28 PM

Its almost as if you're a stable genius. 

Not to brag but actually...LOL

CAP SPACE!!!

Part 3

200.gif

LOL...

tenor.gif

#54 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,587 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 10, 2018 - 03:40 PM

Not to brag but actually...LOL

200.gif

LOL...

Wrong about what?

#55 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 11,455 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted February 10, 2018 - 07:03 PM

Always loved IT!!!!! he reminds me of Nick Van exel

#56 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,185 posts

Posted February 10, 2018 - 08:00 PM

Wrong about what?

It was a joke.

tenor.gif

#57 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 27,861 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 10, 2018 - 08:27 PM

“I felt like I got my powers back with this team,” Isaiah Thomas said.

• DeeZee, MaceWindu and Olabebeh like this

#58 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,819 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, Brandon & Isaiah

Posted February 10, 2018 - 08:52 PM

• Olabebeh likes this

EyMlHkX.jpg

#59 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,321 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 10, 2018 - 09:08 PM

“I felt like I got my powers back with this team,” Isaiah Thomas said.

the Nerdlucks in Cleveland took his powers away

#60 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,477 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted February 10, 2018 - 09:11 PM

He had a good game but it sucks Hart didn't get to play in crunch time when we really needed defense. Especially when we took that 1 point lead with I think 3 minutes left?

Going to have to figure out rotation especially when Ball gets back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Edited by Draztik, February 10, 2018 - 10:02 PM.

21lsbya.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users