351 replies to this topic

#321 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,657 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 19, 2018 - 10:42 AM

No he doesn't need to be the man nor will any team give him that opportunity again.  He lucked into that in BOS and took full advantage of it.  He's 6th man or a great starter on a team that can full compensate for his lack of defense.  The latter is a team that probably doesn't exist. 

I don't think the FA market is going to be kind to him.  I believe the Magic may be the biggest competition to resign him but we'll see. 

• JayTheGreat likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#322 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,706 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 19, 2018 - 12:27 PM

No he doesn't need to be the man nor will any team give him that opportunity again. He lucked into that in BOS and took full advantage of it. He's 6th man or a great starter on a team that can full compensate for his lack of defense. The latter is a team that probably doesn't exist.

I don't think the FA market is going to be kind to him. I believe the Magic may be the biggest competition to resign him but we'll see.

Or the Knicks. Those are the only 2 teams I can see even calling him.

#323 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,629 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 19, 2018 - 01:19 PM

Unfortunately for IT ... Hart went down

I think that's a good backup backcourt

#324 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,022 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 19, 2018 - 01:58 PM

Lol/Smh at you guys complaining and getting mad about IT not wanting to take up the role as a 6th man, and criticizing his desire to lead a team. He clearly led a Boston team deep in the playoffs just a year ago, and he had all star numbers the past 3 years.

The reason he has only showed flashes of his all star repertoire is due to his timing being off. His dribbles have been off, and the ball has been stangely poked loose far too often. His drives in the paint have been off, not being able to get separation from defenders as he normally did. His shot have been off as well. But his quickness and athleticism remains, and that's all that matters considering hes coming off a major injury. His "problems" are easily fixable, and with a good off season training, the next team that signs him next year will get a very capable all star guard.

As for his defense, it's not that bad. You see how these taller and stronger players play defense now days and it's silly to even criticize Isaiah. The modern NBA is all about schemes. If Isaiah is in a good defensive scheme, his liabilities will barely be noticed.

A off Isaiah Thomas has made the Lakers far more competitive than they ever were in the past 4 years. Look at how Randle, Lopez, and Ball are eager to play with him and have him involved.

The Lakers are likely not committed to IT past this year, but some team will pay him.

• Adam likes this

#325 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,022 posts

Posted March 19, 2018 - 02:04 PM

Yes, he needs to be THE man, and that's why he has no place here. If he could adjust to a different role like a top 6th man... but that won't happend.
Some of his numbers this season, Cleveland and LA:

2192b09765a0a355330002868aedc1da.jpg

Since we're posting stats, wan't to post the stats for our other guards as well this season?

Yet the Lakers could easily have been 11-4 since he played if he didn't get ejected for the NO game and the Lakers didn't cough up the Portland and Miami losses.

#326 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,022 posts

Posted March 19, 2018 - 03:21 PM

Can someone make the game day thread

#327 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Sixth Man

• 3,150 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 19, 2018 - 06:50 PM

4/14, 0/5 3s... IT the GOAT 👍
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#328 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,206 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted March 19, 2018 - 08:47 PM

Can I say, sure miss JC. Lol
  • GCMD likes this

#329 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,657 posts

Posted March 20, 2018 - 06:50 AM

Nah Im glad JC is gone...he isn't fairing that much better

Can I say, sure miss JC. Lol

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#330 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,052 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted March 20, 2018 - 07:15 AM

IT has legit helped us win games...y'all hating for no reason players have bad games lol

I start coming on here making sarcastic remarks after one of these young guys play like trash y'all would have a fit.

Why does our youth only get the loyalty from our fans?
  • GCMD, Jackson, PhillyLaker24 and 1 other like this

#331 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,657 posts

Posted March 20, 2018 - 07:27 AM

Young teams don't have a lot of leeway either.  With BI being out they are going to struggle in certain ways.  I'd love IT back in this current role if they can make it happen.

IT has legit helped us win games...y'all hating for no reason players have bad games lol

I start coming on here making sarcastic remarks after one of these young guys play like trash y'all would have a fit.

• Jackson likes this

#332 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,206 posts

Posted March 20, 2018 - 08:04 AM

who said, i was hating? i made a comment, nothing else. move on

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, March 20, 2018 - 08:05 AM.

#333 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,052 posts

Posted March 20, 2018 - 11:28 AM

who said, i was hating? i made a comment, nothing else. move on

This "move on" [expletive] is annoying. If you don't want someone to comment on your post than dont post it!

Btw...my post wasn't even directed at you

So...move on lmao

Edited by KidRN, March 20, 2018 - 11:29 AM.

#334 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,272 posts

Posted March 20, 2018 - 11:48 AM

IT has done exactly what he should do: play to his strengths.  I don't understand the hate.

Philly is a team that would do well with IT.  PHO, ORL, even the Lakers would be better teams with him.

Whether you like him or not, IT is a top 2-3 PG in this year's Free Agency.  HOU is keeping CP3 unless something crazy happens so he's possibly the BEST Free Agent PG this year.

If there wasn't so much hype around Lonzo Ball, IT would be our starting PG.  If we hadn't signed KCP and we could have traded for IT in the offseason, we'd be talking about a IT/Ball starting backcourt in the future.

I understand we have other (better) Free Agent Options this year but that doesn't mean IT (and/or Randle) would be failed offseasons or disappointing hauls this summer.

Edited by GCMD, March 20, 2018 - 11:49 AM.

• Jackson likes this

#335 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,206 posts

Posted March 20, 2018 - 11:51 AM

This "move on" [expletive] is annoying. If you don't want someone to comment on your post than dont post it!

Btw...my post wasn't even directed at you

So...move on lmao

I'll post whenever I want
And I'm moving. Easy for me without having a for.
L.O.L

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, March 20, 2018 - 11:51 AM.

#336 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,052 posts

Posted March 20, 2018 - 11:52 AM

I'll post whenever I want

As will I

#337 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,881 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 20, 2018 - 12:28 PM

Since we're posting stats, wan't to post the stats for our other guards as well this season?

Yet the Lakers could easily have been 11-4 since he played if he didn't get ejected for the NO game and the Lakers didn't cough up the Portland and Miami losses.

If we are playing the “if we only won cuz game” this late in the season then we never really stood a chance tbh. Not that you aren’t correct but I’m content with how we fought post all star break

ap1.png

#338 I Love Lebron

I Love Lebron

I suck Lebron's toes.

• 12,053 posts

Posted March 20, 2018 - 02:01 PM

As will I

Daddy.
  •     likes this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#339 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,361 posts
  • Name:Joe
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 20, 2018 - 03:35 PM

I am a huge fan of IT, always have been because I like seeing a guy my size in the NBA. However, I do wish he was more inclined to embrace the 6th man role and lead our second unit for years to come.

Is IT good enough to start and be an impact player? Yes, without a doubt. That doesn't mean we should want him as that on our team. Plenty of players have had impactful careers as the 6th man, and made huge contributions to their team in the process. Jamaal Crawford, Lou Williams, and Lamar Odom are just some that come to mind. IT can score in bunches, and can even orchestrate an offense. A valuable 6th man can really push a team over the top in terms of a championship.  

It is no secret that IT has struggled this year, and quite honestly that is a good thing for us. His value being reduced is nothing but a positive to us when free agency rolls around. He has made it pretty clear he wants to be a starter going forward and it seems like he is set on that. Hopefully that changes and he can get over his hubris and accept that he is perfectly suited to be a hell of a 6th man on a championship caliber team rather than a good point guard on a team that gets bounced in the 1st round. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, March 20, 2018 - 03:41 PM.

• Jackson likes this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#340 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,206 posts

Posted March 24, 2018 - 10:32 AM

Isaiah Thomas ruled out of next to games with sore hip https://t.co/nQb4PllFki https://t.co/mkKyGNugKU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users