Photo

Welcome Isaiah Thomas

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#281 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,668 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 12, 2018 - 11:50 AM

Did anyone else notice how Rob and Magic were hyped up when ESPN/Spectrum turned the cameras on them, everytime Isaiah scored?

#282 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,178 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 12, 2018 - 11:50 AM

A lot of Laker greats like Anthony Brown, Devin Ebanks, Von Wafer and Shammond Williams have worn number 3.

Don't forget about Sedale Threatt

• Saber and kball like this

#283 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,162 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted March 12, 2018 - 12:40 PM

Yep...I'm not doing this.

Nothing to do...his play speaks for itself.

Everyone just ignores it

#284 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,162 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 12:48 PM

Guys, really? Trade Ball? Obviously Isaiah is currently playing better and we would love to keep him.

Isiah isnt simply playing better HE IS better. However, Ball is a rookie so IT should be better right now.

Sky is the limit.

No it isn't and that is the problem. Ball struggles at so many things that a nba level point guard should excel at. His rebounding numbers are a bonus at his position but that becomes irrelevant if you are average in more important catogories.

He lacks the ability to be a ball dominant PG and he lacks the ability to dominate off ball.

If he changes that disgusting shooting form, he may be able to succeed as a 3 and D 2 guard but that's about all I see out of the guy. Good vision but I don't even see anything special in his passing ability anymore. He is so limited offensively!

Edited by KidRN, March 12, 2018 - 12:50 PM.

#285 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,003 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 01:56 PM

The main thing you want to see out of rookies, and young players in general is an upwards trend and improvement throughout the season. Zo has improved his game across the board since October and that’s all you can ask for. His impact is noticeable on both ends and the team is better with him on the floor.

Ignore the noise...the dude is going to be good and the future of the Lakers at the PG position.

Edited by Massacre, March 12, 2018 - 02:00 PM.

• GCMD and Rekal like this

#286 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 597 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 13, 2018 - 12:13 AM

Isiah isnt simply playing better HE IS better. However, Ball is a rookie so IT should be better right now.

No it isn't and that is the problem. Ball struggles at so many things that a nba level point guard should excel at. His rebounding numbers are a bonus at his position but that becomes irrelevant if you are average in more important catogories.

He lacks the ability to be a ball dominant PG and he lacks the ability to dominate off ball.

If he changes that disgusting shooting form, he may be able to succeed as a 3 and D 2 guard but that's about all I see out of the guy. Good vision but I don't even see anything special in his passing ability anymore. He is so limited offensively!

Dude, i am no basketball expert and i am pretty sure you have better knowledge than me (based on your posts). But not seeing the potential in Ball is beyond me. He is only limited shooting-wise, which i think not only his 3-pt shooting but also floaters and midrange has got a lot better. Not gonna say he is to be a prolific scorer, but he has excellent vision (not just good) and his defense is utterly underrated. 

He is gonna be a good 2 way pass first PG. If he puts in the work, there is no reason for him not to be a great PG, best of his generation at least. In 5 year time he is going to be one of the best PG's in the league.

My latest game review: https://steemit.com/...-the-rescue-6-8

I am on Steemit! Writing both in english and turkish. I will try to write about Lakers, so follow me :) I also changed my name to my real name: Aykut Purde. I was nikolatesla before.

https://steemit.com/@aykutpurde

#287 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 14,567 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 13, 2018 - 12:25 AM

Nothing to do...his play speaks for itself.

Everyone just ignores it

If you say so Kid.  This discussion (with you) bears no fruit.  Your opinion is set in stone.  It's not swayed by anything good he does but it IS strengthened by anything bad he does.

Difference between your Ball Critique and my Randle Critique?  I backed mine up with what he needed to do better and how he would be a better player.  You're just looking to tear Lonzo down every chance you get.

So  again, I'm not doing this.

• LACAS likes this

tenor.gif

#288 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,003 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 02:25 AM

If you say so Kid. This discussion (with you) bears no fruit. Your opinion is set in stone. It's not swayed by anything good he does but it IS strengthened by anything bad he does.

This is actually on point cause I only see this dude yapping about Zo when he’s playing poorly. Lmao.

Edited by Massacre, March 13, 2018 - 02:26 AM.

• LACAS likes this

#289 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,003 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 02:30 AM

“May be able to succeed as 3/D 2-guard.” This is some great material.

kobelaugh_crop_north.jpg

#290 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,162 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 02:37 AM

This is actually on point cause I only see this dude yapping about Zo when he’s playing poorly. Lmao.

This is complete BS! My comments on Ball pretty much come at random when I feel like giving an opinion. This can be backed up by simply reading past posts. I hate when people make up nonsense to try to make a point. My opinion has been the same on Ball since he got into the league and hasn't changed. If I showed up when he plays poorly, you'd see a lot more posts of mine about Ball than there is. Because I'm one of the few people that dont believe in his "potential" you guys exaggerate how often I talk about the guy! I've literally only commented on his play after maybe 5 or 6 games this entire damn season and some of those came after he had a triple double or he was injured.

Edited by KidRN, March 13, 2018 - 02:47 AM.

#291 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,162 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 02:38 AM

If you say so Kid. This discussion (with you) bears no fruit. Your opinion is set in stone. It's not swayed by anything good he does but it IS strengthened by anything bad he does.

Difference between your Ball Critique and my Randle Critique? I backed mine up with what he needed to do better and how he would be a better player. You're just looking to tear Lonzo down every chance you get.

So again, I'm not doing this.

I've done that several times dude and once again I rarely comment on Ball. Seriously, the season is almost over and I haven't talked about the dude that much. People talk about how great they think he is far more than I criticize him.

Edited by KidRN, March 13, 2018 - 02:54 AM.

#292 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,162 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 03:02 AM

f he puts in the work, there is no reason for him not to be a great PG, best of his generation at least. 

Based on what?

Look at the current PG's in the nba! You don't think that the PG position will remain as strong as it is right now? Curry, Westbrook, CP3, Lillard, Wall. Those are just a couple of current players but where is the cut off for a "generation?" 

I don't see him ever being better than any of those guys but you think that he will be the best of his generation?

#293 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,628 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted March 13, 2018 - 12:43 PM

A rookie is supposed to do what? Shoot like a vet off the bat? Surpass the vets on the league in his first year. To me some folks either like or dislike a player. If they do not like a player they will poo poo him to no end. If they dig him then will defend him.

I'd have a better time arguing with a rock, trying to force it to grow
  • GCMD and LACAS like this

#294 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,809 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted March 13, 2018 - 01:05 PM

Yea it's like relationships. Everyone has faults and quirks but if they're your friend you like them despite their faults and somebody you dislike you dislike because of their faults.
  • kball and LACAS like this

#295 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,879 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 13, 2018 - 01:16 PM

Lonzo is just a playmaker.  He can be the main PG on the floor at times and in other lineups he doesn't have to be. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#296 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,162 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 01:19 PM

A rookie is supposed to do what? Shoot like a vet off the bat? Surpass the vets on the league in his first year. To me some folks either like or dislike a player. If they do not like a player they will poo poo him to no end. If they dig him then will defend him.
I'd have a better time arguing with a rock, trying to force it to grow

I don't dislike Ball, I don't even know the guy lol. I speak on his basketball ability, there is nothing personal about that.

Why do you guys try to make situations into more than they are? All I did was give my opinion of his potential but because you disagree, I must have some deep hatred for the guy? Naw not at all.

Edited by KidRN, March 13, 2018 - 01:19 PM.

#297 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,129 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 13, 2018 - 01:50 PM

Hello Isaiah Thomas thread

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#298 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 27,378 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 13, 2018 - 09:14 PM

DYOTkViXcAERjcf.jpg

• GCMD, Saber, Jackson and 5 others like this

#299 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,628 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted March 13, 2018 - 09:21 PM

IT is the MVP of tonight's game just because he through the ball to Murray at the end of the game. Bwahahahah
  •     and dazz like this

#300 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 2,041 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted March 13, 2018 - 09:26 PM

GIF of that ball to Murray at the end! Come on!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)