#261 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,897 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 08, 2018 - 05:54 PM

A lot of Laker greats like Anthony Brown, Devin Ebanks, Von Wafer and Shammond Williams have worn number 3.

• Persian Gulf and lakerfan98 like this

#262 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,165 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted March 08, 2018 - 10:08 PM

A lot of Laker greats like Anthony Brown, Devin Ebanks, Von Wafer and Shammond Williams have worn number 3.

Damn what the hell happend to Anthony Brown

#263 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,641 posts

Posted March 09, 2018 - 11:34 AM

The glorious Luscious Length. 

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#264 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,162 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted March 09, 2018 - 04:23 PM

Damn what the hell happend to Anthony Brown

who?

#265 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 14,568 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 09, 2018 - 04:29 PM

IT saved the Lakers yesterday. They were in an early 15 pt hole, and he came in and quickly stemmed the bleeding with some timely long balls....kept the Lakers in striking distance, and this later helped overcome the deficit and turn it into a lead in the second quarter going into halftime. 

Frankly, I would still rather have him closing games at this point than Lonzo who was flat out lousy in the clutch yesterday. Lonzo is great at pushing the ball and attacking in transition....but put him in a halfcourt execution scenario, and he is average to mediocre at best. That is where we need the ball in IT's hands making plays for others or getting to his spots to hit open shots. Lonzo has a long way to go when it comes to the latter. 

Lonzo is a rookie.  IT is not.  The comparison is not even close.  The Lakers need Lonzo out there for more reasons than scoring.  No reason to expect him to carry the offensive load (in the clutch or any other time) when that's not his game AND he's a rookie.  You've got to see that, right?

Edited by GCMD, March 09, 2018 - 04:29 PM.

• UKUGA and bfc1125roy like this

tenor.gif

#266 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,669 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 11, 2018 - 09:47 PM

So about Clarkson being better than Isaiah....?

And the way Isaiah sets up the half court offense is different, and I must say better than Lonzo (Lonzo will eventually get there of course). We can clearly see how Randle and Lopez look eager and ready to run the pick and roll with Isaiah.

That's also something Clarkson didn't have -- play making ability.

Edited by Jackson, March 11, 2018 - 09:48 PM.

#267 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,809 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 11, 2018 - 11:23 PM

People said Clarkson was better than IT?

#268 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 9,260 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted March 11, 2018 - 11:41 PM

People (who knew very little about basketball) said Clarkson was better than IT?

Fixed.

The fact of the matter is that Clarkson never really improved from his rookie season. The slight bump in production this season is mostly due to higher usage and the advanced numbers really have been stagnant.

He's fine as a 6th man, though.

#269 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,842 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted March 12, 2018 - 12:27 AM

Fixed.

The fact of the matter is that Clarkson never really improved from his rookie season. The slight bump in production this season is mostly due to higher usage and the advanced numbers really have been stagnant.

He's fine as a 6th man, though.

after watching IT and seeing more mins for randle I don’t miss them in the slightest

#270 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,040 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 12:56 AM

Excluding the Cavaliers game data

-------------------

Pre-Allstar Lakers

45.8 FG% 33.2 3P% (9.4 makes per game) 46.2 rpg 23.5 apg 15.5 topg 107.3 ppg

Post-Allstar Lakers

48.4 FG% 41.2 3P% (14 makes per game) 47.1 rpg 26.6 apg 14.5 topg 116.8 ppg

-------------------

fXlFKv8.gif

#271 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,382 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 12, 2018 - 07:15 AM

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#272 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,162 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 07:54 AM

Lonzo is a rookie. IT is not. The comparison is not even close. The Lakers need Lonzo out there for more reasons than scoring. No reason to expect him to carry the offensive load (in the clutch or any other time) when that's not his game AND he's a rookie. You've got to see that, right?

I called this! I said if we had even an average or slighlty above average point guard on this roster, Ball would be exposed for what he really is.

Lonzo has size on IT which gives him the advantage of the defensive end but outside of that, IT displays all traits that Lonzo lacks. Lonzo who is supposed to be an elite passer, doesn't even do that better, he simply does it more often.

He is a rookie but people hyped him so much because the only point guards we had to compare him to were complete trash.

He will grow and get better but I stand by my initial opinion of Ball. He has done nothing to change it.

Edited by KidRN, March 12, 2018 - 07:55 AM.

#273 LAkerFan85

LAkerFan85

Rookie

• 249 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 12, 2018 - 08:46 AM

They should trade Ball to get rid of Deng's contract. He is the young guy I would be willing to part ways with.

#274 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,003 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 08:49 AM

Lol

#275 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,879 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 12, 2018 - 08:53 AM

Doubtful.  I don't think the issue was Bron vs IT but the team just failing all around.  IT being an MVP type player is an anomaly as well.  He simply just isn't that good for any team to prioritize him as that type of player.  Boston was never ever going to win with him as their top player and no team is going to do so at the age of 29-30 years old considering his deficiencies.

IT will be luck to see 10M a year next year.  Lou Williams just got an 8M extension over the next 2 years and isn't fighting a hip injury.  IT is a better playmaker so he has the edge there.  Also teams will major cap room aren't going to pay IT 15M or whatever.  If anything the market may close up on him fast and he might get forced into an MLE contract.  

If he feels as though he is back to his MVP caliber form? I seriously doubt it. The goal will be to get Bron. Bron and IT probably won't want to play with each other again. We may miss out on IT while waiting for Bron either way.

• LACAS likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#276 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,275 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted March 12, 2018 - 09:18 AM

They should trade Ball to get rid of Deng's contract. He is the young guy I would be willing to part ways with.

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

#277 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 7,235 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted March 12, 2018 - 09:24 AM

Keep him if lebron dont come and sign PG

Edited by Ham, March 12, 2018 - 09:24 AM.

"Busto Ball" - troll

#278 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,162 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 09:31 AM

Deng's contract isn't a problem unless we have someone to give the money to. We are thin at point guard, so Ball shouldn't be traded for this reason. If we do get PG and Bron, I wouldn't mind trading him for another point guard though.

Edited by KidRN, March 12, 2018 - 09:32 AM.

#279 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 14,568 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 12, 2018 - 11:23 AM

I called this! I said if we had even an average or slighlty above average point guard on this roster, Ball would be exposed for what he really is.

Lonzo has size on IT which gives him the advantage of the defensive end but outside of that, IT displays all traits that Lonzo lacks. Lonzo who is supposed to be an elite passer, doesn't even do that better, he simply does it more often.

He is a rookie but people hyped him so much because the only point guards we had to compare him to were complete trash.

He will grow and get better but I stand by my initial opinion of Ball. He has done nothing to change it.

Yep...I'm not doing this.

• FranklinPeanuts and LACAS like this

tenor.gif

#280 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,669 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 12, 2018 - 11:48 AM

Guys, really? Trade Ball? Obviously Isaiah is currently playing better and we would love to keep him. But Ball flat out has exponential upside. Sky is the limit. And this is coming from a guy who wanted the Lakers to draft Josh Jackson over Ball at the beginning of the season.

Edited by Jackson, March 12, 2018 - 11:49 AM.

•     likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)