Right is right

#522 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,772 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 07, 2018 - 10:00 AM

There are a lot of egotistical folks on the board that "know" basketball and management of the Lakers front office. Sometimes They are right based off opinion and sometimes wrong.

But that is what makes this board fun. The hot takes and all. That's what makes this board cool to me. Some takes maybe Crazy, bait comments and all, still cool though.

Gotta have that thick skin though
  • lakerfan98 and Adam like this

#523 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 468 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted June 07, 2018 - 02:32 PM

I’ll freely admit I don’t know a lot of things but discussing it with y’all is how I learn and make more informed opinions.

I’m not married to anything I say on this forum. Today I woke up believing one thing, I’m totally okay with going to sleep believing another - if someone presents a better argument.

I think sometimes we get too caught up in the I’m Right and you’re wrong shtick. There are enough times where we can both be right and both be wrong. It’s called a legitimate difference of opinion.

Like a couple weeks ago someone presented a *hypothetical* scenario that if the suns were willing to trade the first pick we should trade for the pick and draft Ayton. That fellow was much higher on Ayton than I was on the potential of our young guys. A lot of us engaged in a back and forth and it was awesome! By the time we ended that discussion I still didn’t agree with him - almost had me - but I respected their right to express their opinion. Who knows, maybe I slightly influenced them to be a little higher on BI and Kuzma. Who knows?

But that’s a part of what makes this place so awesome. So let’s try to keep the sour grapes at home and enjoy a bunch of laker fans with too much time on their hands coming together and sharing their love for our team.

#GoLakers!!!
  • FranklinPeanuts, GCMD, DLN and 3 others like this

#524 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,954 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted June 07, 2018 - 08:10 PM

BI will be a gem if given time as he is still very young and growing but has shown enormous skills and is working hard to improve.

#525 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,244 posts

Posted June 08, 2018 - 10:31 AM

Been surprisingly quiet on the draft pick trade front.  Outside of the Suns being willing to part with the #1, not much chatter.

NBADraft.net has had Mitchell Robinson going 25th to the Lakers for the past couple of weeks.  They seem to think that 1st round promise rumor is actually true...even if it is true, I can't imagine this guy falling that far.

• bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#526 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,772 posts

Posted June 08, 2018 - 10:52 AM

Been surprisingly quiet on the draft pick trade front.  Outside of the Suns being willing to part with the #1, not much chatter.

NBADraft.net has had Mitchell Robinson going 25th to the Lakers for the past couple of weeks.  They seem to think that 1st round promise rumor is actually true...even if it is true, I can't imagine this guy falling that far.

nbadraft is tripping

they got the lakers selecting Robinson at 25 and Metu at 47

on another note

On Saturday, the Lakers will host another crop of prospects for a pre-draft workout, a group that features Wenyen Gabriel of Kentucky, Theo Pinson of North Carolina, Tra Holder of Arizona State, Nick King of Middle Tennessee, Jacob Evans of Cincinnati and Brian Bowen II of South Carolina.

#527 martin90

martin90

Off The Bench

• 2,110 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 08, 2018 - 11:16 AM

Doncic doesn't want to play on Phoenix??? or the suns are just being stupid trying to trade the pick???

#528 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,532 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 08, 2018 - 01:13 PM

Doncic doesn't want to play on Phoenix??? or the suns are just being stupid trying to trade the pick???

I heard that they told Ayton he'd be picked #1.

• GCMD and UKUGA like this

#529 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,772 posts

Posted June 08, 2018 - 02:24 PM

He already stated that He doesnt know if the Suns will pick him but he feels they will. He is hanging with their young core while watching the finals.

He hasn't worked out for any other team either. I think Doncic falls a slot or 2

#530 martin90

martin90

Off The Bench

• 2,110 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 08, 2018 - 02:45 PM

big mistake imo, Doncic has some bust potential but his ceiling is unreal only 19 years old.

#531 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,886 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 08, 2018 - 02:47 PM

I think it's very possible.

Not saying the situation is similar, but the Skal Labissiere plot that played out 2 years ago caught me by surprise.  He was viewed as a lottery pick and even top 5/10 pick for a majority of the college season.  Interestingly enough, his stock spiraled and I think he wasn't selected until 28.

• GCMD likes this

#532 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,244 posts

Posted June 08, 2018 - 02:58 PM

nbadraft is tripping

they got the lakers selecting Robinson at 25 and Metu at 47

on another note

On Saturday, the Lakers will host another crop of prospects for a pre-draft workout, a group that features Wenyen Gabriel of Kentucky, Theo Pinson of North Carolina, Tra Holder of Arizona State, Nick King of Middle Tennessee, Jacob Evans of Cincinnati and Brian Bowen II of South Carolina.

They base their mocks on rumors and workouts.  If you check out their top 100 list, you will see there's been a LOT of movement in their rankings over the past week.  No coincidence that there probably has been a lot of chatter around the league since the NBA Combine (though not much public feedback).  How many times a player is requested for workouts and the feedback the agents receive can sway the mock.

If they have Metu at 47th, it's because they have also moved him up to the 34th best prospect.  They are probably considering that Mitchell Robinson could be taken before 25th so Metu would be a guy they'd be interested in at 47th, especially if they promised Robinson.

I like their mocks even if they have some wild predictions.  They often have legit sources.  Draftexpress was better but ESPN bought them out so now their info is "Insider Only".

tenor.gif

#533 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,244 posts

Posted June 08, 2018 - 03:02 PM

I think it's very possible.

Not saying the situation is similar, but the Skal Labissiere plot that played out 2 years ago caught me by surprise.  He was viewed as a lottery pick and even top 5/10 pick for a majority of the college season.  Interestingly enough, his stock spiraled and I think he wasn't selected until 28.

That shocked me also...seems like he was promised too.  No way he goes to the Green Room if he knows he's going so much later than everyone predicted.

I thought Kuzma and Jordan Bell would have been selected a lot sooner than they were last year.  Drafts are so unpredictable...

• LakeShow1o1 likes this

tenor.gif

#534 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,772 posts

Posted June 08, 2018 - 05:33 PM

They base their mocks on rumors and workouts. If you check out their top 100 list, you will see there's been a LOT of movement in their rankings over the past week. No coincidence that there probably has been a lot of chatter around the league since the NBA Combine (though not much public feedback). How many times a player is requested for workouts and the feedback the agents receive can sway the mock.

If they have Metu at 47th, it's because they have also moved him up to the 34th best prospect. They are probably considering that Mitchell Robinson could be taken before 25th so Metu would be a guy they'd be interested in at 47th, especially if they promised Robinson.

I like their mocks even if they have some wild predictions. They often have legit sources. Draftexpress was better but ESPN bought them out so now their info is "Insider Only".

Loved draftexpress. Then they sold theor souls and ow they charging for the mocks and stuff now.
  • GCMD, DLN and dazz like this

#535 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,532 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 08, 2018 - 09:59 PM

Loved draftexpress. Then they sold theor souls and ow they charging for the mocks and stuff now.

Are any of you guys paying for the Insiders content on ESPN?

I'm not, but considering it although much of the stuff on the ringer is pretty good as well.

#536 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,886 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 08, 2018 - 10:11 PM

DE was my go to site the previous few years when we were constantly in the lottery and trying to keep that pick.

So unfortunate they sold out.

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

#537 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,772 posts

Posted June 08, 2018 - 10:37 PM

Are any of you guys paying for the Insiders content on ESPN?

I'm not, but considering it although much of the stuff on the ringer is pretty good as well.

Nah bruh. I use other spots like the ringer too. Not worth it to me

#538 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,343 posts

Posted June 08, 2018 - 10:44 PM

big mistake imo, Doncic has some bust potential but his ceiling is unreal only 19 years old.

I think I have heard this somewhere before... Hmm where it was

fXlFKv8.gif

#539 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,954 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted June 09, 2018 - 07:40 AM

SA town would love to have Donic, Suns are just posturing but why ? To throw off the rest of the teams until the pick is in. Waste of time imo.

#540 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,568 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 09, 2018 - 03:19 PM

Amazing if true 

• GCMD likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users