Los Angeles Lakers vs Orlando Magic - Wednesday 1/31/18 4:00 pm PST

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,472 posts

Posted January 31, 2018 - 06:26 PM

The biggest elephant in the room is that I dont think Brandon Ingram has the ceiling a lot of us either want him to have or think he has. This dude just has too many games where he just has 0 impact on EITHER side of the ball.

He may have the ceiling doesn’t mean he’ll reach it

Also he’s jumped quite a bit from last year. There’s quite a few players in the nba that struggled early and became really good players

But there’s plenty that start slow and become nothing better than starter level

The lakers I’m sure are evaluating him just like they’re evaluating everyone. I’m not worried at all
Posted Image

#42 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,845 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted January 31, 2018 - 06:30 PM

Don’t need to apologize to me. I just thought getting people riled up for nothing was mean as hell. I was entertained, not excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol you’re overestimating my influence

#43 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,152 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 31, 2018 - 06:33 PM

Struggling is one thing but impacting games is another.  It's simply about stats with him either.  The Lakers NEED to hit on these guys.  I've said it before during all the Giannis/KD hype.  He simply just doesnt have the tools they have.  I think Ingram's best bet is being a really good versatile role player.  He's more Andre Iguodola than Giannis.  He's simply just not athletic enough for those ceilings IMO.  I dont think it's an effort thing with him at all.  I just don't he's as good as we want or even NEED to be.  

He's avg 15/5/3 but I think alot of his scoring is hella forced.  He just doesnt have a go to guy scoring ability and no amount of experience will likely change that. 

He may have the ceiling doesn’t mean he’ll reach it

Also he’s jumped quite a bit from last year. There’s quite a few players in the nba that struggled early and became really good players

But there’s plenty that start slow and become nothing better than starter level

The lakers I’m sure are evaluating him just like they’re evaluating everyone. I’m not worried at all

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#44 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,472 posts

Posted January 31, 2018 - 07:02 PM

Struggling is one thing but impacting games is another. It's simply about stats with him either. The Lakers NEED to hit on these guys. I've said it before during all the Giannis/KD hype. He simply just doesnt have the tools they have. I think Ingram's best bet is being a really good versatile role player. He's more Andre Iguodola than Giannis. He's simply just not athletic enough for those ceilings IMO. I dont think it's an effort thing with him at all. I just don't he's as good as we want or even NEED to be.

He's avg 15/5/3 but I think alot of his scoring is hella forced. He just doesnt have a go to guy scoring ability and no amount of experience will likely change that.

I don’t think it’s effort, I think it’s growing pains. He’s shown flashes and he’s scoring efficiently

Also people forget that Giannis was mostly a raw struggling player for 2 years who had some highlight plays but for the most part didn’t score well at all and that was with full minutes

James harden struggled as well quite a bit until his 3rd year

Again I’m not saying it’s guaranteed Ingram will become that kind of player

I’m saying he’s improved a ton from last year and at this point that’s a solid sign. He could be showing more but he could be showing less
Posted Image

#45 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,885 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 31, 2018 - 07:49 PM

See all of you Lonzo is not that good gang, he establishes pace and plays good D as well as gets boards still I feel y’all are being far too harsh on such s young team they will learn eventually.

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, January 31, 2018 - 07:49 PM.

#46 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,636 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 31, 2018 - 07:54 PM

So does Booker have impact...did Wiggins year 2?
Porzingis year 2?

Curry year 2?

#47 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted February 01, 2018 - 03:27 AM

Lost interest 3 minutes into game and moved on.

Regarding the latest Ingram thoughts here, he certainly has as much potential as anyone on the team currently.

He's young and improving.

He will no doubt be a starter level player on just about any team in a couple years.

All star though? More than likely not.

Possible bubble guy

And 20 point scorer within reach

Consistency comes with age and experience

• JayTheGreat likes this

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#48 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,885 posts

Posted February 01, 2018 - 06:23 PM

Way way too soon to predict what he'll be as he's still growing into his frame, I'd like him to be more consistent esp on defense and has become predictable in moves to the hoop needs some schooling there, develop patented moves and get his midrange shot to fall , overall he's doing fine considering his age. but time is flying!

#49 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,885 posts

Posted February 01, 2018 - 06:29 PM

I'd play one of the ten day guys before Ennis he doesn't have the skills needed for the job imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users