6 replies to this topic

#1 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 549 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 10, 2018 - 12:38 PM

I don't think it's come down to this yet, but the Lakers should brainstorm a potential "Plan B" in case this ugly business with Lonzo and Lavar Ball continues to get worse.

First off, Magic/Pelinka need to have a sit down with Lonzo and ask him if that's the way he feels. Does he want to be here? Does he want to play for Luke Walton? Let's get started there. I'm expecting he'll give his usual passive answers. ESPN covered LaMelo and Liangelo in Lithuania recently and interestingly they refrained from asking Lavar any questions about the Lakers or even Lonzo. There was a tense exchange where Lavar told the reporter, "Oh no, no, no, I know what you're going to ask." and the reporter says, "No, you don't! ... Haha, ok. Answer then." and Lavar changed the subject back to LaMelo and LiAngelo. So I think Lavar knows he made a boo boo. The onus is still up to Lonzo to man up grow up and ask his dadr to stop, because it's threatening his employment. He's supporting his family directly financially through his salary from the Lakers, and indirectly through his endorsement of his dad's company. He can always sign with Nike. And he has to remember if it doesn't work out with the Lakers, he hurts how much money other teams want to give him and at how many years for. As is, more conservative cultures like Utah, Memphis, San Antonio want nothing to do with him even if they can get him for free.

So let's have some backup plans in place in case things continue to blow up some more before the February 8 deadline. Which teams would be glad to have Lonzo Ball and that also would give us the most value back in return for him?

1. Dallas Mavericks

Mark Cuban has always had a penchant for big names. Harrison Barnes. Monta Ellis. Made a serious bid for DeAndre Jordan, nearly pulled it off. Would probably still want him. After our Finals loss to the Pistons Mark Cuban was interested in both Kobe or Shaq. Dallas in general has a penchant for great players/star power that come with baggage. What could we get in return from Dallas?

Seth Curry + 2018 1st round pick + 2018 2nd round pick

for

Lonzo Ball + 2018 2nd round pick

We get a player that helps us now, a draft pick we are lacking for the upcoming draft AND we move up in the 2nd round for the draft.

The Mavericks would stamp out this Lavar Ball non-sense real quick in a way the Lakers wouldnt. Lonzo: Tell your dad to stop or you will get an extension offer that comes with the provision banning you from wearing any BBB apparel while employed with the Mavericks AND your dad is banned from attending the games. And if it continues to get out of control, you don't get any ticket comps to the games. And your film crew for your Facebook documentary is not welcome to any of the games or facilities as a start.

2. Atlanta Hawks

Their worse than us, what do they have to lose?

Dennis Schroder + 2nd round pick

for 

Lonzo Ball

OR

Kent Bazemore + 1st round pick

for 

Lonzo Ball

Discuss.

#2 LAkerFan85

LAkerFan85

Rookie

• 254 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 10, 2018 - 12:54 PM

lol

• pkflyers, Busty Bluth and kray28 like this

#3 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,289 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted January 10, 2018 - 01:19 PM

WTF 

LOL

#4 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,982 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 10, 2018 - 01:36 PM

No. 

Don't feed the trolls. 

#5 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,964 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 10, 2018 - 01:38 PM

All are great trades and would certainly place this franchise in the forefront of the Western Conference.

I especially like the Kent Bazemore deal that you proposed.  Not only would we be netting a top 1st round pick, but we'd also be getting a player with the intials K.B. in return which is something we are in desperate need of.

Hopefully Magic and Rob have done as much research and analysis as you and can pull this deal off by the trade deadline.  

• Olabebeh likes this

#6 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,845 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted January 10, 2018 - 02:19 PM

Yeah NO

#7 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,819 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted January 10, 2018 - 02:45 PM

I don't understand the joke here

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lonzo ball, lavar ball, luke walton, magic johnson, rob pelinka

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users