Photo

LaVar Ball slams Lakers coach Luke Walton again: 'They don't want to play for him'

lavar ball luke walton

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,515 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 08, 2018 - 01:48 PM

I may get a warning for this but this clown [expletive]. His Father and Mother raised 3 boys, fed and clothed them all their [expletive]ing lives. How the [expletive] can you assume that his dad "depends" on him to live? From what we know he wasn't some deadbeat dad sitting around waiting on his kid to be drafted. He worked and took care of HIS FAMILY. Lonzo doesn't NEED to do ANYTHING he doesn't want to do. Some of yall want that braggadocious black man to go away so bad you forget that the reason you even have Lonzo to root for is because of his upbringing.

He's no different than most good parents. Some people just love the microphone. If that's the worse he can do he's harmless in terms of society. Lavar doesn't owe Luke or the Lakers [expletive]. He can say wtf he wants when he wants as long as he can stand by what he says. If Lonzo doesn't have an issue then neither should you.

I couldn’t have said it any better. Lavar is being a normal dad. The issue is people aren’t used to seeing a hype unfiltered black man support his kids and not give a [expletive] what anyone thinks. Lonzo has said countless times already he has no issue with what his dad says because he’s always been like that and he understands him.
  • Busty Bluth and Rekal like this

#22 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,968 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted January 08, 2018 - 02:55 PM

Lavar is nothing more than a stage mom on roids... I dont have an issue with anything he says nor do I care.

• Rekal likes this

#23 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,009 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 08, 2018 - 03:58 PM

I wish Lavar would shut the hell up....but I also understand that he has a right to his opinions. So whatever. I don't think the Lakers are going to make a decision on Luke based on Lavar's wishes.

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#24 Eternal

Eternal

Waiting For The End

• 1,246 posts

Posted January 08, 2018 - 04:27 PM

Why are people having to include the word "black" when talking about him? Most are just not used to this kind of loud mouth talk. Does not matter if he is black.

#25 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,518 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted January 08, 2018 - 05:03 PM

Why are people having to include the word "black" when talking about him? Most are just not used to this kind of loud mouth talk. Does not matter if he is black.

It does matter sadly, when a very prominent stereotype is that black fathers are not in their childrens lives

• Busty Bluth likes this

ap1.png

#26 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,118 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 08, 2018 - 06:33 PM

No artist can paint the Mona Lisa with a box of broken crayons,

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

#27 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 888 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 09, 2018 - 08:55 AM

No artist can paint the Mona Lisa with a box of broken crayons,

Lavar Ball can.
  • BasketballIQ likes this

#28 LAkerFan85

LAkerFan85

Rookie

• 249 posts
  • Fan Since:1985

Posted January 09, 2018 - 11:33 AM

Lavar Ball is a joke. Not taking away from him raising his sons, I'm sure he is a good father. He is someone who likes to say outlandish things to draw attention to himself, that's all. He is harmless as long as you don't give him too much of a platform to speak from. It's medias fault more than his.

#29 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,842 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted January 09, 2018 - 11:44 AM

Lavar Ball is a joke. Not taking away from him raising his sons, I'm sure he is a good father. He is someone who likes to say outlandish things to draw attention to himself, that's all. He is harmless as long as you don't give him too much of a platform to speak from. It's medias fault more than his.

Yeah, but, the media is like mdonalds ... if millions of people werent eating it up every day they wouldn’t be open.

A loud mouth with close ties to the Lakers? That’s click bait nirvana

Edited by Rekal, January 10, 2018 - 10:48 AM.

#30 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,879 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 10, 2018 - 07:02 AM

Everyone is saying he's a joke but his son is on the Lakers, he owns his own company and his parlaying that into a bball tourney overseas where over 100k people streamed and has a online tv show that is generating revenue. 

He didn't even have to show his naked ass to do it either.  People should learn to give props for people who go against the grain and fulfill their dreams. 

• FranklinPeanuts, LACAS and Adam like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#31 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,225 posts

Posted January 10, 2018 - 01:02 PM

Lavar is annoying but he’s far from a joke. It’s similar to kris Jenner

You can’t call someone a joke who literally creates their own empire. It’s nonsensical

You can disagree and not like them. But a joke? No
  • Jody Smokes and LACAS like this
Posted Image

#32 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,519 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 10, 2018 - 01:46 PM

Steve Kerr's statements on the whole media coverage of Lavar Ball summarized things best.

ESPN and sports media outlets in general have transitioned from not only providing analysis upon sports but have grown caught up in the drama, gossip, and scandals that surround the industry.  Not only is it a reflection upon media coverage as a whole, but it's also a reflection upon current societal desires.  A lot of people love this type of stuff and it's the reason why FOX, ESPN, etc. are constantly feeding it to viewers.  

ESPN has become half sports, half TMZ, and Lavar Ball has essentially become the face of their network for nearly the past year it seems like.  Inserting "Lavar Ball" in any headline, video clip, or segment generates tons of clicks and views and it's the reason why the continue to place him under the mic.  

#33 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,628 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 10, 2018 - 02:00 PM

Lavar is smart. It may seem like what he does and says is stupid, but he is smart. while folks complain and hate on him.. he is smiling to the bank.

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, January 10, 2018 - 08:50 PM.

• Jody Smokes and Adam like this

#34 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,879 posts

Posted January 10, 2018 - 02:32 PM

My thing about LaVar is that much of what he says is harmless and isn't anymore outlandish than a manaro90 thread.  Yet he's got Steve Kerr and Rick Carlisle firing off on him like he's said the most egregious thing you could think of.

• Busty Bluth, Rekal and Adam like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#35 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,879 posts

Posted January 10, 2018 - 02:34 PM

It's also funny that these same coaches will use ESPN to talk about the President.  Whether you like the man or not he's still the president and it's sports.  I don't want to turn on ESPN to hear Pop or Kerr talk about politics and Trump anymore than they want to hear LaVar talking about Luke.

• LAkerFan85 likes this

#36 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,842 posts

Posted January 10, 2018 - 02:41 PM

My thing about LaVar is that much of what he says is harmless and isn't anymore outlandish than a manaro90 thread. Yet he's got Steve Kerr and Rick Carlisle firing off on him like he's said the most egregious thing you could think of.

I agree. They acted like he said something super crazy. I guess “honor among coaches”
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#37 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,178 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup

Posted January 10, 2018 - 05:07 PM

I wonder if ESPN will continue with Goodman reporting from Lithuania or pull him

#38 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,958 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted January 10, 2018 - 06:25 PM

LaVar Ball is a genius. Everytime you talk about him, his stock goes up. 2 years ago, only hardcore fans knew who he was. A year later, most basketball fans. Now, after the Trump incident, the whole world knows who he is.

No press is bad press. Everything he says is calculated. Just when his name is fading out of the spotlight, he'll say something controversial again. That's the only way to promote BBB sales - the only thing he really cares about. Have you seen the house he was able to buy recently??

• Adam likes this

#39 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,842 posts

Posted January 10, 2018 - 08:32 PM

LaVar Ball is a genius. Everytime you talk about him, his stock goes up. 2 years ago, only hardcore fans knew who he was. A year later, most basketball fans. Now, after the Trump incident, the whole world knows who he is.

No press is bad press. Everything he says is calculated. Just when his name is fading out of the spotlight, he'll say something controversial again. That's the only way to promote BBB sales - the only thing he really cares about. Have you seen the house he was able to buy recently??

I don’t know how much of that was off BBB.

Open question anyone on here bought any BBB shoes, shirts?

#40 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,958 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted January 11, 2018 - 12:52 AM

I don’t know how much of that was off BBB.

Open question anyone on here bought any BBB shoes, shirts?

What was it off then? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lavar ball, luke walton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users